Poll

So....

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!  (Read 39091 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2012, 04:42:39 pm »

You should give him 2 shields, that would be cool.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2012, 05:00:07 pm »

lol if I can I will. But first I want to eventually deck him out in adamantine ;D

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2012, 05:33:19 pm »

15th Limestone, 107
I have gotten the fortress into mostly workable condition. However, there are issues that are...causing me DISTRESS. I ordered for the drawbridges and trade depot to be constructed MONTHS ago, but no one sees fit to build it because there are dacite stones in the way. Not only this, but apparently our haulers care more about cleaning EVERY OTHER ROOM IN THE FORT OF THE DAMNABLE THINGS, I have set about crafting them into trinkets to lower their number...but they continue to reproduce...I thought we would be able to proudly hawk our wares to the merchants this year BUT NO, NO ONE WANTS TO MOVE THE DAMN ROCK OUT OF THE WAY SO THAT THE MOST IMPORTANT OBJECTS IN THE FORT WILL BE COMPLETED. I was expecting this to be done, I even ordered the depot entrance smoothed over so we could make a good impression BUT NOW WE DO THINGS THE HARD WAY STONES. YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD TAKE ON BFEL AGKESKAL? WELL I'M THE ROCK DESECRATOR NOW!!!! AHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

26 LimeSTONE!!!!!, 107
We continue to suffer a shortage of ANYONE DOING ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE. We are almost out of both food AND booze, and yet the butcher who I ordered to slaughter up some tasty meats insists that he has nothing to do...NOTHING TO DO BUT STARVE AND DIE YOU STUPID BASTARD. EVEN WORSE THOSE BLASPHEMOUS *ROCKS* ARE STILL CLOGGING OUR TRADE LANES. WE CANT BUY MORE BOOZE IF WE HAVE NO TRADE DEPOT ARGGGGGGGGG DAMN YOU ROCKS! I WILL KILL YOU AND I WILL KILL YOUR CHILDREN AND WEAR THEM UPON MYSELF HAHAHAHAHA FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously WTH? So far all the threats to the well being of the fort were ROCKS and ROCK related...FUCKIN ROCKS MAN...I cant believe ROCKS are kicking my ass...well ROCKS and messed up job priorities....and yes I dorfed myself as the wrong gender too...crap
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:41:08 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2012, 09:31:32 pm »

@ What you started with... Yep, definitely newb. :P And you didn't even show what skills you gave everybody. lol    Oh well. (still, it actually wasn't too bad, in the scheme of things.) Want some pointers for your next fortress?

As to the aquifer, woot! :D Glad you managed to find a way past it - you're lucky. It's usually not so easy. I didn't realize you had multiple biomes on that map. (That, or you haven't started digging downwards. Which it looks like you haven't.)

Greatly enjoying this so far. Reminds me of my early days... >.> I wish I could get those back, when the world was young and everything was a learning curve the size of a mountain to the stars...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:33:56 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2012, 02:41:04 am »

A Diggeridoo does not simply remove a stone
Btw, are there plants in the outside? Because it seems that's all rocks...
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2012, 04:19:20 am »

Well I must say, this shall be amusing. I hope I don't destroy the fortress with my ambitions.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2012, 07:01:31 am »

ok question answering time! First off, to Tal, I'm pretty sure that there are multiple biomes...kinda...the only difference seems to be the aquifer is on one side but not on the other. And I have kind of started digging downwards, it started me on pretty much the peak of the volcano/mountain thing and I decided to dig my way into the side instead, for the stone....which hasnt worked out so good XD. I HAVE designated farms, and there was magically a breeding pair of water buffalo or something on the map to begin with so I designated them, as well as any tame donkeys or such that wandered into our territory. Also a bunch of the 10000 puppies that those dogs made already :P. I know that they dont provide much meat, but I figured with 1 male to 12 females the amount of breeding thats going on will provide quantity over quality. I also took into account that the dogs can be trained as war/hunting animals. The only reason I'm having food/booze problems right now is that ALL THE FOOD WORKERS ARE DOING SOMETHING ELSE...its odd I mean I even turned off all non-butcher jobs on my butcher and such and he STILL isnt slaying all those beasts....its weird...I'll try to get all this in a screenshot soon. Also there are plants on the map...quite alot in fact. I'm trying to think of ways to solve this crazyness with the food and trade depot and stuff....THEN I SHALL TAKE MY REVENGE UPON THE STONE!!!!

Indeed, I do this.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2012, 07:15:54 am »

What are they doing?

And what about dumping that bloody damned stone?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2012, 10:32:01 am »

well I havent played any more since the last update, figured I should space em out more to give people some reaction time before I update spam. XD most succession forts have issues with infrequent updates, I coulda blown through my turn yesterday...but then I wouldnt get to see everyones comments and suggestions on how to GET THIS ARMOK HATING ROCK OFF MY FUCKIN BRIDGE :P Also tryed setting it on "dump" but no one cared so apparently apart from making Battledigger open a magma vent to cleanse that area, I have no choice but to wait till EVERY OTHER STONE ON THE MAP IS STOCKPILED...

Indeed, I do this.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2012, 11:06:57 am »

My advice:
Set small (~9 tile) stone stockpiles next to the workshops that need stone. Allow only stone you want (read: magma safe).
All other stone either leave it where it lies or send it to a "garbage dump". That's a single tile that can hold an infinite amount of stuff, search the wiki on it.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2012, 11:13:03 am »

Are any buildings under construction? Maybe that rock has been chosen for a workshops, but since you don't have finished the building it is impossible to move it.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2012, 11:21:12 am »

I dont think its either of those....although I may need to check the masons shop... but yeah the real problem isnt stockpiles bob, its that the map had like 200 rocks lying around on the surface, plus I havent even got all of em out of the other areas of the fort....I do think I have one solution though, im gonna prob have to make a temporary trade depot outside so that I can get some booze and food, and trade THESE DAMNED ROCKS out of here :P

Indeed, I do this.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2012, 11:41:42 am »

simply stop expanding stockpiles should work
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2012, 11:59:50 am »

Posting to watch.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2012, 12:24:40 pm »

are you using wheelbarrows? dwarves carry rocks very slow without them
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30