Poll

So....

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!  (Read 39069 times)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 02:04:51 pm »

I think a volcano is perfect. Plenty of !!FUN!! to be had with a volcano!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 05:28:39 pm »

I think it won't be a bad idea to edit the main post to be more pleasing to the eyes and have more features so that people don't have to scroll the pages.

I am inclined to choose the volcano one but I am kinda worried about how stuff will go about. And besides, I'm a newbie so my vote doesn't even matter (thank god it doesn't).
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 06:47:39 pm »

huh, odd that embark 2 was getting all the votes but now that the poll is up its all about embark 1 XD
and what features would you suggest for the main post? I know other succession games have things such as artwork and quotes and such up there but we haven't gotten anywhere near far enough in this to start that up...well unless your utterly engrossed in the region melting dwarves to death, then you could prob get some kicks out of that quote I suppose :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 07:18:56 pm »

Ok, so I was gonna start a prequel narration to the actual fort right? Well I was looking through Legends to see who the current king was, and I happen upon these gems:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so first off, this kid is clearly illegitamate to begin with, them not being able to figure out who her mom is and all, apparently the shame of this fact caused the then fishery worker to sell her to the gobbos, who then brainwashed her, and put her to work as a baby snatcher...but it gets BETTER, because then she runs off with the first handsome night creature that offers to turn her into a horrid monstrosity and make terror babies with her. Now Mr. Fishery Worker somehow managed to hide this fact long enough to run for the big chair....AND WON..... and we though George W. Bush was good at tampering with the election :P

So yeah between a crazy royal line and the face melty properties of practically the entire universe, this place is gonna have some EPIC backstory behind it XD

EDIT FOR EXTRA EPIC: Just looked up old king mysteryspouses OTHER daughter, the one that DIDNT fall in with horrid monsters of the night and I'm not going to say anything bad about her because...well see for yourself-

She was born in year seven...and two years later SHE FOUGHT OFF A TROLL!!!!!!!!!!! APPARENTLY SHE THREW HER PACIFIER AT ITS WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!!!!

I mean seriously....what the crap....oh and then 5 years later the little badass tyke DID IT AGAIN....and then she joined up with a civ AND STARTED HUNTING MEGABEASTS PROFESSIONALLY...AT FOURTEEN YEARS OLD....HOLY CRAPMUNCH....

Heres her list of kills....she eventually got killed by a dragon but then at that point she had pretty much FOUGHT EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE.....IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FOREST OF MELTFACE......so yeah I cant really hold that one against her...now we need to get someone to draw a pic of 2 year old UristMcBadassBaby throwing her pacifier at 300mph to a trolls face.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:55:26 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 07:56:53 pm »

Actually, it appears that the troll fought Zefon off, not the other way around. Speedy little kid, to escape a troll. :P

edit: Actually, it looks like she fled from everything she tried to fight until year 33. Still, gutsy.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:58:24 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »

eh I like the idea that she threw her pacifier at it and crippled it for life. IT IS CANON NOW, IT CANNOT BE CHANGED! Also I choose to believe she didn't actually die in the dragon attack, her political opportunist dad just attributed her later epicness to random dwarves who looked like they could hold a blade. She currently is invading hell....single handedly....UNARMED.... now you know why the demons bum rush out of there when its breached, they aren't REALLY trying to exterminate your fort, your just in the way of their escape route :P
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:05:35 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 08:06:53 pm »

Lol, she sounds like Fischer from Spearbreakers. :P

It's kind of pre-game, so I guess that yeah, sure, why not? She crippled an ogre with her pacifier. lol    Somehow I find that thought strangely pleasing.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 08:17:48 pm »

Lol, we haven't even embarked yet and we already have a potential memetic badass, this fort is going to break the awesome scale if we keep this up...

EDIT: definately not the finest engraving ever, but it gets the point across....kinda...ah well it was to hilarious to not try

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:56:16 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 01:36:51 am »

For now looks interesting enough.

As for the main post, I think adding a list of players that are gonna play, the embark site, pre-story and some personal statements of your ours mixed with a good layout might make it a lot more pleasing for people to see.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 03:45:44 am »

I want to be in.
Just, I don't use tilesets, where should I go to install the one you're using?

Do I need to specific how to be dorfed?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 06:11:39 am »

Well Kaspa, I'm gonna try to figure out how to take the graphics set out of the raws after my turn so that those not using them, or using a different one wont have to go through that kind of a hassle. But if you want to know its called the Mayday set, you can find it in the list of mods section on the forum or you can search for it online.

Also for dorfing you can be as specific as you want, but there are of course no guarantees that you'll get an exact match. I think its customary to try to get the preferred profession right but its pretty common to end up with the wrong gender. Or if you want you can hold off on it till your turn and dorf yourself as whatever one you want XD

Indeed, I do this.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 06:36:03 am »

I just forgot: which version? I'm playing with 34.11, and MayDay isn't ready for it (at least, not officially)
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 07:48:34 am »

Pre-story is officially up in the first post, also I dont know what version, I'm gonna have to check

EDIT: Version is 34.10

EDIT2: Pre-story AND overseer list up in first post READ THEM
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:55:33 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 09:53:51 am »

I love to dig.

Name: Kaspa
Profession: Miner
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 10:01:16 am »

Any custom name for the profession? or just stick with miner? also any prefered gender? You get first pick cuz...well your the first to ask XD

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30