Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Awesomenauts  (Read 6516 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awesomenauts
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2013, 12:16:54 pm »

I think you might unlock her on your next level. I was at 52, and unlocked her at 53.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2013, 02:02:05 pm »

For me it was two levels, since I haven't had the Augillion unlocked at that time.
Anyway, she might be good, but after getting badly rolled by her and other guys in a menacingly high-prestige team, I'm not sure anymore.

Of course, even the most OP characters (which I don't Ayla belongs to by a longshot) can and will be beaten by high-skill players.
Nonetheless, I love her.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 02:06:12 pm »

She's just about as fun as a cat built Derpl.

FEAR THE MEOWS!

uberlalzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 08:20:36 pm »

Ayla is so delightfully squishy it's like she has a great red target painted on her forehead however iv'e seen her rack up over 15 kills when properly played/supported.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 11:50:34 pm »

I've recently discovered all the goodness that is Raelynn.
Flashy Glasses (Snipe Upgrade; 7% of Snipe Damage is given as Solar) and Monkey Hand (Protoblaster Upgrade; 50 extra Solar per kill) let you snowball real damn fast, and even makes jungling semi-viable. (of course nowhere near as much as in other MOBAs/ARTSes, but still)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2013, 06:03:00 pm »

So, been playing for a while. First MOBA so feel free to give advice that should be obvious (I know not to die, and have become quite adept at it at that). I can't seem to break into the.. 5th league I think? Where it changes from copper to silver colored. Any advice? I realize it's probably a big jump up for a reason, but.

I play genji, don't have everything for him unlocked, stuff I've got equipped is...

Cocoon: the pierdae transformae thing, jarga eggs (I think, the lifesteal), and prefab cocoons. Considering replacing life steal with straight up damage to the cocooned guy.

Blessing: The movement speed buff, the shield buff, and the damage absorpation buff (what's the difference between shield and damage absorbation?) Dunno if I like the healing effect, I tend to pop it at the start of a fight, particularly an ambush. I'll also use it as an edge in a 1v1 fight.

Wand: Storm drum, damage increase, attack speed increase. Not a lot of options here, is the healing shot worth it? Seems like Genji is more support and less healing.

Generic: Solar Tree, HP pills, Movement speed.

No specific build yet, but I do get solar tree then storm drum first, from there I'll usually start cocoon if my teammates aren't really team playing that well, or blessing if people tend to try to get all grouped up and THEN attack. For blessing I get the movement speed buff first, then shield, cocoon is usually pierdae first and then prefab, although I can and sometimes do switch that. The shot buffs are usually if I feel like my other abilities are holding up pretty well.

So, any advice? THanks in advance.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2013, 06:35:54 pm »

For his wand, I like damage over time, storm, and I used to have +damage, but I was spending that money elsewhere, so I switched to attack speed.
I never use the blessing. Its just not part of my play style.
I have the exact same cocoon set up.
Utility skills are mostly personal preference. I use solar tree, + solar, and +health.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 06:44:21 pm »

Ah, haven't gotten DoT, definitely going in when I get it though. Good to see I'm not doing too terribly on the build front, thank yah!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2013, 08:35:55 pm »

So how does everyone approach MOBAs, or Awesomenauts in particular? Pick a hero and just play him for a while?

They give you bonus experience (quite a bit, actually) for playing random!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2013, 09:18:57 pm »

This is the only MOBA I play. Cant stand LOL. The learning curve, the interface, and the playerbase are just too much for me. I like the causality, cartoony nature, and calmer playerbase of Awesomenauts. My mini-rant in now over.

On topic:
Since I'm only good at some Awesomenauts, I rarely play random. I like just to try out the new characters when they come out, and then figure out how badly I suck at them. From there, I play the ones that I don't suck at.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2013, 01:53:40 am »

I play genji, don't have everything for him unlocked, stuff I've got equipped is...
*snip*
So, any advice? THanks in advance.
This is the build I currently use for Genji. I usually run both Piggy Bank and Solar Tree, as Genji is very much lacking in solar income, as unlike the other dedicated support, Voltar, he gains no solar for doing the things he does, and has a hard time getting solar from enemy droids (as your teammates will usually snag them before you do), although I suppose the cocoon polymorph upgrade helps in that regard.

The healing upgrade for Monarch Blessing is probably the best upgrade in the entire tree... but it's bugged ever since the last patch, as you are supposed to be able to heal yourself with it. Jagra Eggs is what I use to make up for it, and combining Jagra Eggs + Misfortune Cookie + Upgraded Butterfly Shot can make you surprisingly good at ganking people.

Also, a thing of note: Caterpillar King Statue, the healing upgrade for Butterfly Shot, is actually better than Voltar himself. One rank in it will give you a healing rate that's faster than Voltar's base heal rate. Purchasing both ranks, along with both ranks of attack speed, makes it just as potent as a fully upgraded Heal Wave, while still being able to do damage for half the cost! Voltar's healbot is the only thing that prevents him from being overshadowed by Genji in every way.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2013, 02:39:58 am »

One thing to never underestimate - Gnaw's Weedlings placing damage.
40 damage when maxed out is nothing to sneeze at, especially when combined with +attack speed on Bite and less parts required for dem weeds. (considering extra weeds, too, but since I'm prestiging I have to unlock that again)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2013, 02:49:57 am »

Okay, very good to know. Was considering taking piggy bank, good to have a confirmation, although I'll miss the speed up, I really think I need the max HP more for now, at least.

Healing upgrade good, okay, feels like the bronco yeast doesn't really add that much tankiness to people anyway (and on top of it once people notice they're not doing much damage, they tend to run off) so I'm happy to get it. I'll have to retrain myself to not fire it as soon as other guys show up but it shouldn't be that big a deal.

Caterpillar King Statue: surprisingly good. Also good to know.

Thanks for the help! Guess a lot of this is just gonna be getting used to playing Genji. Would be nice to get a few people from B12 to play with consistantly, even without voicechat it seems like it'd help a lot, although I suppose by now no-one's in my low ranks. :P

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2013, 07:47:20 am »

One thing to never underestimate - Gnaw's Weedlings placing damage.
40 damage when maxed out is nothing to sneeze at, especially when combined with +attack speed on Bite and less parts required for dem weeds. (considering extra weeds, too, but since I'm prestiging I have to unlock that again)

I've played a few rounds against some good Gnaws, and even if you don't upgrade your weedlings, having them in a creep area will continuously feed you life during combat, which is pretty amazing. Plus, if they are upgraded, you can deny these areas to low-health 'nauts!

Yuri though, can absolutely deny certain vertical passageways with his mines. Had a round against a Yuri + Gnaw, and they would just pour everything into the vertical passageway. If you trampolined through it, you'd just flat-out die.... pretty tough to get around!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2013, 08:11:57 am »

Ugh. So I'd played this ages ago at a friends place, I saw this thread and remembered that I'd got the game in a Humble Bundle a while back, decided I might as well finally install and play it.
It's actually quite fun! I derped around in the offline mode for a while, practicing a bit. However, when I decided I'd have a go getting my arse kicked online, I realised the awful truth... online play requires Steam. :'(

Steam is such a fucking horrible program. Nonetheless, I was enjoying the game so I decided to persevere. I recovered my account, waited a ridiculous length of time for the stupid thing to load, and then went to redeem the Steam key Humble gave me. Now it wants me to re-download the game. >:(

So, how can I activate Awesomenauts on Steam without redownloading the stupid thing?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:14:01 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6