Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Awesomenauts  (Read 6519 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Awesomenauts
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 10:53:54 pm »

So, I just got a hold of this and was wondering, how irritated do people tend to get in this? (Being yelled at is my one weakness, it drives me nuts, why do you hate me stranger) I know MOBA's in general house perhaps some of the angriest people in gaming but I was kinda hoping this would be a bit better about it. Been playing bots for most of the night in hopes of not being completely terrible. :P

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 11:01:29 pm »

Its not that bad. There's a little, but I've only seen a few curse words thrown around. Most people are mellow.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 11:06:10 pm »

Yeah, agreed :) People are nice overall, but you'll find the very occasional bad apple!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 11:43:26 pm »

Okay, s'fine then, as long as it isn't happening wall to wall. Any advice before I jump in? Browsing the wiki right now, still trying out characters and such.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2013, 02:53:09 am »

Win.

But, in more seriousness, don't over extend, or, rather, don't die.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2013, 02:59:53 am »

Play Froggy G. As long as you don't fuck up, there is nothing the enemy team can do.

The game is good fun, but balance isn't really one of the game's strong sides. If you get up in the higher leagues, expect to see a lot of Froggy G, Lonestar, and Derpl, because they are currently considered to be the three more powerful nauts of the current metagame. Although, really, every naut is OP in his own way, so you probably shouldn't have to worry that much. :P

What naut(s) do you generally play, and what builds/strategies do you generally use?
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2013, 11:00:23 am »

Froggie G's probably one of the best characters for beginners-- he blends a solid base attack, good mobility and skills that are powerful and simple to use.

I personally like Raelynn for her exceptional ranged damage, but man, does she suck at dropping base/turrets.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2013, 08:43:35 pm »

Right now I like Skolldir and Genji's looking pretty neat too. (yes I watch a lot of youtube how did you know) I like froggy G, but I really don't like being carried by the character so much, and I like the previous two better anyway.

I don't really have a specific build order yet, but I mostly use earthquake with skolldir, get the snare and double direction, then work on the bash tree. I usually grab a boot or regen item if I have some spare. Also I grab solar tree because hey solar. I'm thinking the debuff reducer might be better? Not sure. I'm sure I'll be more interested in the throw when I get bronze spray.

For genji I litterally got him like ten minutes ago and haven't had the time to practice so feel free to go nuts with that.

Luckily I've not been doing horrible, although I'm pretty bad about overextending myself. I tend to kill people before I die usually at least, so there's that! Still definite room for improvement. Need to watch the minimap more and go to where people are, rather then get ganked.

Current steam name is "A cloud of shrieking bats" if anyone sees me!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 01:12:40 am »

Bump for the arrival of Ayla!

Since I had to redownload Awesomenauts as a whole due to Steam being a total deucebag and me not feeling like doing it earlier, I couldn't play her yet, but BOY SHE IS CUTE! (and fun to play from the looks of it)

I mean, just listen to this sheer spectrum of awesomeness packed into a single killing spree tune!

This is with no doubt my favorite 'naut ever since Gnaw.
Once I got some monie I'm definitely buying the Shaolin Ayla skin for her.

And mind you, I don't usually buy DLCs. If at all.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 10:24:39 am »

Yeah, all the DLCs are cosmetic for this game - I was surprised with that at first! It was what originally put me off and I was glad to be shown wrong.

I played a game with a teammate playing her, and he was tearing the other team apart! You only unlock her at level 92 though, I have a little more to go :)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 10:40:57 am »

Yeah, all the DLCs are cosmetic for this game - I was surprised with that at first! It was what originally put me off and I was glad to be shown wrong.

I played a game with a teammate playing her, and he was tearing the other team apart! You only unlock her at level 92 though, I have a little more to go :)

92? What are you talking about?
Last time I checked it was 43.

But whatever, leveling is fairly fast in this game, even with bots.

I got the killing spree in my first game with her. And I didn't even practice with bots beforehand.
Instant favorite, on all fronts.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 10:44:58 am »

I got this game with humble bundle 8.
Is there actually still an active public online-ness going on or is it sort of dead?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 10:53:52 am »

I got this game with humble bundle 8.
Is there actually still an active public online-ness going on or is it sort of dead?
It's alive, alright. The game has always been plagued by a rather low amount of players, although things like the free weekend over half a year ago and the recent humbe bundle inclusion has done a good job in increasing the playercounts, at least temporarily. Even so, there's always a good deal of people playing the game, it's just that it has flown under the radar a bit.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 11:12:50 am »

92? What are you talking about?
Last time I checked it was 43.

But whatever, leveling is fairly fast in this game, even with bots.

I got the killing spree in my first game with her. And I didn't even practice with bots beforehand.
Instant favorite, on all fronts.
She is a little OP, but super fun. Use rage to get down to < 25% health, then spam your evil eye. One shot does about 75% damage to a non-tank, non-squishy 'naut.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 12:14:01 pm »

Weird, I just unlocked it at 92. Anyway, yeah, she's a little OP. That bubble she has does a tad too much damage, and she moves a tad too fast in it. It's easy for her to finish off ANYONE that gets a little too low on health.

I always play with a random character - guess I'll have to wait until I happen to play with her :)

Also, I don't see how you can count how many players are online, but all of the matches I've played always end up filled with human players most of the time!

The advent of F2P MOBAs wrecked havoc with the ones you have to pay, like this and Stellar Impact, which is a shame :(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6