Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Awesomenauts  (Read 6507 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: Awesomenauts
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2013, 09:12:33 am »

You can't, really... or you could try to put it in your steam/steamapps/common/awesomenauts folder or somesuch, then try to install it. I think it should try to verify what you already have downloaded.

Alternatively, you can add external games to Steam, that *might* work, but I'm not entirely sure. I think it uses your Steam account to connect to the multiplayer part of the game. Either way, the game's pretty small if I remember correctly.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2013, 12:40:31 pm »

You can't, really... or you could try to put it in your steam/steamapps/common/awesomenauts folder or somesuch, then try to install it. I think it should try to verify what you already have downloaded.

Alternatively, you can add external games to Steam, that *might* work, but I'm not entirely sure. I think it uses your Steam account to connect to the multiplayer part of the game. Either way, the game's pretty small if I remember correctly.

From everything I know about steam, none of this will work. The game HAS to run on Steam, for many reasons - one of them being it being kept up-to-date, and matchmaking.

Sorry, you have to redownload it.
(I don't know why some people dislike Steam, I really like it and have almost no complaints against it)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2013, 01:10:25 pm »

It is getting a little bit bloated, but the first method I indicated should try to check which files are already in the computer. If they actually match the Steam version, like the datafiles where all the graphics are and such, then it shouldn't redownload them - but yeah, it's a longshot!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2013, 01:13:45 pm »

Yuri is friggin impossible to fight jesus christ nerf that shit

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2013, 01:39:58 pm »

Tell me about it.

Were you playing on the jungle map? Both Derpl and Yuri are OP on that one. Gnaw can also be pretty good. In fact, that spit drip upgrade could actually be really good at anti-camping.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2013, 03:14:20 am »

Well, I re-installed it and got it working.
It's kinda fun, but as soon as you're up against someone playing a broken character, the enjoyment factor just goes down the tube. :-\ Raelynn's sniper shot or whatever it's called takes about a second to charge, knocks people to half-health or below, and seems to go through a lot of terrain. Not fun!

At least her art direction is cool, unlike Ayla. Good gods, who designed that thing?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2013, 03:27:01 am »

Yeah I have to say, balance is a little.... odd. I can't say it's perfect but in general I feel it's well enough. Raelynn's sniper shot is initially very hard to avoid, but once you get the hang of it it isn't toooo bad. It can get a little crazy to dodge in the middle of a firefight, and it does a ton of damage. I wouldn't argue with a small damage nerf. I don't think it goes through walls, but it will go through the dropthrough floors and turrets, so don't think you're safe behind that turret. On the bright side if she's trying to snipe you through a turret you usually just have to back up a little to get away.

(note; all this advice comes from someone who still hasn't broken out of the first "copper" league and as a result should be taken with a grain of salt. :P)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2013, 04:19:46 am »

Snipe does not go through turrets. Duck behind them at your leisure.

Raelynn is considered a very strong naut, at the current moment. Bear in mind that snipe does leave her a sitting duck while using it... but with an adequately upgraded Timerift, it's nigh-impossible to do anything about it, as you have to go through what amounts to a giant wall of slowing death in order to reach her. That said, I don't find hear near as annoying to fight as Lonestar and Froggy G currently are.

While this game is boatloads of fun, balance is not really its strong suit.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2013, 04:39:32 am »

Oh, Snipe doesn't go through turrets? Good to know.

Froggy is..... definitely a little too much, it seems like if you dodge the dash you can hit him pretty hard for doing it, (maybe that'll change in upper ranks) but I kinda feel like lonestar is a real issue at the moment, yeah.

So, question, if say, your base is open, generally a good idea for one naut to hang back and defend, and two others push into the enemy base? Because it seems like most of the randoms I get just hang around at the base until I move, then they follow me, so I can't do anything without either leaving the base open, and we don't make progress because nobody's trying to push. I mention I'll watch the base, but it doesn't seem to help. Am I missing something?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2013, 08:27:58 am »

Well, anyone want to trade Steam IDs and play this?
I'm Yoink. At least, that's what I set my name as on Steam, not sure what it was to begin with... Yoink was taken.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2013, 09:23:38 am »

I had the idea they'd implemented VOIP at some point... is that right? 'cause it's hard to organise properly without VOIP!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2013, 12:42:28 pm »

I'm "My Username is Immaterial" on steam, but without the quotation marks. I tend to play at around 11:30 to 1:30 EST.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2013, 11:08:06 pm »

So Romino is making a DLC, and has started a Kickstarter campaign to fund it.
3 new characters, a new map, specator mode, new music, global chat and twin stick controller support. $15 gets you the DLC + a game code.

Discuss.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2013, 11:45:28 pm »

Well. Oops. I should have trusted Bay 12 to be in on this.

This may be the first thing I Kickstart.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6