Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: You are an Appellomancer! Turn 2!  (Read 15869 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Appellomancer! Turn 1!
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2012, 12:52:16 pm »

pick up a fist sized rock, name it "Large amethyst geode", see if it gets larger/more valuable as you name stuff.
This, so much. Except switch 'amethyst' to maybe emerald.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2012, 03:50:24 pm »

okay, lets try  this again.

Name the bag "Free Prize"
Find a scrap piece of paper. name this paper "Land Deed"
Go find a plot of land just outside  the walls near The Wizards guild
Name the land "My Land"
then go to the rich houses, find the richest man in rich house, and name him " Robert Philanthropist", then ask him to pay for our house.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2012, 06:24:17 pm »

> rename coins "Vast fortune"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2012, 06:33:00 pm »

Get another stone and rename it the "Philosopher's Stone"

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2012, 06:41:07 pm »

Then we get something that turns lead into slightly more valuable trifle pewter.

Guys, it's pretty obvious we can't actually do that kind of thing yet. A spiky dagger is a good thing, since that is what you do with daggers. I would settle for using as little power as we can, since the DM seems detemrined to give us a "realistic" Consequence for our actions E.G our clothing.  Also, a simple spike is better for stabbing than a dagger, and that is what daggers were becoming by the renissance era: spikes.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2012, 06:49:43 pm »

Why don't we offer to increase the business of the "Dank Cellar" for some coin?

Then, we could just rename it to something like, "The Bottomless Flagon," right?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2012, 07:01:27 pm »

Is naming people more effective if you use real names? Let's find out!

Go to the poor district and name a peasant Rich Goldman.
Then go to a brothel and name all the whores Chastity Ward.

For science.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2012, 07:07:19 pm »

I think we should format human names as (first name), (the adjective) so that people don't start suddenly using different names.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2012, 09:36:05 pm »

Then we get something that turns lead into slightly more valuable trifle pewter.

Guys, it's pretty obvious we can't actually do that kind of thing yet. A spiky dagger is a good thing, since that is what you do with daggers. I would settle for using as little power as we can, since the DM seems detemrined to give us a "realistic" Consequence for our actions E.G our clothing.  Also, a simple spike is better for stabbing than a dagger, and that is what daggers were becoming by the renissance era: spikes.

i cant speak for making a philosophers stone but making a geode will work, my proof is Schrodinger's cat, just as the cat is both dead and alive until the box is opened the stone is both ordinary and a geode until broken.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2012, 11:23:11 pm »

We should put out a signboard offering to name people something they want, thus incidentaly making them immune to other appellomancers. I suggest ten monies for a poor person or a hundred monies for a rich one.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2012, 06:48:30 am »

Turn 2

Why don't we offer to increase the business of the "Dank Cellar" for some coin?

Then, we could just rename it to something like, "The Bottomless Flagon," right?

Sensing an opportunity you offer the owner of the Dank Cellar, a man nicknamed big-belly Ras, to improve his business. He laughs and says "Sure, whatever, if you can improve my business i`ll pay you. I have no idea how you want to do that, but go ahead."

But, sadly, you aren`t yet strong enough to rename a building. You don`t know why, but this requires more power.

Also, I forgot what I wanted done with that bag. Let's try naming it Cornucopia.

As an Appellomancer you obviously have researched various books for exotic words. So you know that a Cornucopia is a horn of plenty, and you rename your bag into "Bag of Plenty". Because, honestly, a bag is more useful than a horn.

The bag doesn`t change, but as you search it`s inside you find a few pieces of corn.

pick up a fist sized rock, name it "Large amethyst geode", see if it gets larger/more valuable as you name stuff.
This, so much. Except switch 'amethyst' to maybe emerald.

It isn`t hard to find a rock and you rename it into "Large emerald geode". The stone indeed looks bigger than before, albeit slightly.
You name another stone the "Philosopher`s Stone". You notice no difference- But you begin to muse about the nature of Appellomancy.

Go to the leader of town and call him .......(his original name) the peasant, and watch what happens.

Alas, the Guards won`t let you pass into the Fort. Cornelius is only receiving people that have something important to say.

rename coins "Vast fortune"

You name your five silver coins "Vast fortune". Well, they don`t look more valuable- But they seem to repel each other. Even if you try hard they are unwilling to touch each other. One slips through your fingers and rolls away. Annoyed you put the four others back into your pocket.

We should put out a signboard offering to name people something they want, thus incidentaly making them immune to other appellomancers. I suggest ten monies for a poor person or a hundred monies for a rich one.

You could do that. But as you know; Most people don`t know that appellomancy even exists, even books about magic don`t mention it- At all, except that one small footnote.

Go to the poor district and name a peasant Rich the Goldman.
Then go to a brothel and name all the whores the chaste.

(Rich is no real first name. You have to use real first names for the moment.)

Deciding to conduct a little experiment you visit the district of the poor. The living conditions here are really.. Gross, for lack of a better word. The first peasant you meet (A poor man walking around in dirty clothing), Farkas, is renamed into Farkas the Goldman. You notice no change as of yet.

For your second experiment you visit a local brothel in the district of the poor. The whores here aren`t too pretty, but excited to see a customer. You rename them all into "XXX the Chaste". Their interest in you seems to fade. You leave the brothel.

Find a scrap piece of paper. name this paper "Land Deed"
Go find a plot of land just outside  the walls near The Wizards guild
Name the land "My Land"
then go to the rich houses, find the richest man in rich house, and name him " Robert Philanthropist", then ask him to pay for our house.

As the piece of land you could name yet would be pretty small you decide to postpone this plan for the moment.

Farghil the Unassuming.

Once your business is finished you decide to visit the wizards guild again. Farghil is still watching the entrance.

"You again? I did tell you that only wizards or people with enough money are allowed to enter."

"And why do you assume that i`m neither rich or a wizard, Farghill the Unassuming?"

A second passes.

"Oh, that`s true. I probably shouldn`t be so assuming. I mean, if you come here you have your reasons for that. You might enter."

_______

Your name asserts itself!

Since you are called the Namegiver you have more control about how your power develops. You just know that your powers of naming objects have grown- And you can choose one of the following perks:

Perk 1: Allows you to change the composition of objects you name more effeciently.

Perk 2: Magical properties you give objects will be stronger.

Perk 3: You can now try to name small houses or small pieces of land.

Also, the power of your named objects begin to grow.

Status
Health: 10/10
Powerlevel (Naming People) 1
Powerlevel (Item Naming) 2
Perks: None

Inventory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Influenced People:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:57:50 am by Lordinquisitor »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Appellomancer! Turn 2!
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2012, 07:05:34 am »

I choose first perk.

Shook out the grain from the bag and continue shaking until it is empty or five minutes have passed.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:13:03 am by Dariush »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2012, 08:12:07 am »

i vote perk 1

pocket the geode until we are stronger and open it at power level 3 or 5

rename the wizard with the most valuable artifacts "X the Generous" and ask for a few.

Edit: most can be either most numerous or most valuable, maybe even both :D    but they must be valuable
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:59:52 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2012, 08:49:30 am »

rename the wizard with the most valuable artifacts "X the Generous" and ask for a few.
This.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2012, 09:12:47 am »

This.
We should use our powers for good but why be good when we can be all powerful? +1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6