Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: You are an Appellomancer! Turn 2!  (Read 15862 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Appellomancer!
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 05:59:15 am »

post to watch

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 07:55:13 am »

Enter wizard guildhall, obtain information.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 08:55:26 am »

That's actually a good idea. While we're at it, find the mayor and name him "GoodWill" the sherrif and name him "FairTrials" and a local prostitute and name her "BestofLays."
Then find a piece of paper. Name it 'Free Night Coupon', and give it to her.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 09:25:47 am »

We should rename a group of people to the committee of Appellomancy, that way we can change the rules, it genius 
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 10:10:07 am »

/Dariush the influence of the name will become apparent. As your powers grow. Remember: A name becomes stronger as your powers grow, so..
At some point when we're powerful enough we'll name something relevant "Appelomantic singularity catalyst".
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2012, 10:29:19 am »

What is your actual goal? And how do you want to achieve it? Explain your goal

We want to change civiliation in a way that is beautiful and pleasing for us personally as well as the world, so that we can be happy hedonists....but if we ever get caught we'll be given a medal rather than an execution.

Step 2) Find the Richest man in town

Step 3) Rename him Loyal Philanthropist

That's actually a good idea. While we're at it, find the mayor and name him "Mayor Good Will" the sherrif and name him "Sherrif Fair" and a local prostitute and name her "Best Lay Ever."

This exactly.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 07:47:45 pm »

What is your actual goal? And how do you want to achieve it? Explain your goal

We want to change civiliation in a way that is beautiful and pleasing for us personally as well as the world, so that we can be happy hedonists....but if we ever get caught we'll be given a medal rather than an execution.

Step 2) Find the Richest man in town

Step 3) Rename him Loyal Philanthropist

That's actually a good idea. While we're at it, find the mayor and name him "Mayor Good Will" the sherrif and name him "Sherrif Fair" and a local prostitute and name her "Best Lay Ever."

This exactly.

This might be the best plan ever.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 09:20:43 pm »

So when was that update?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2012, 08:10:52 am »

As i stated, it will be likely today. But i`m currently still sleepy and exhausted cause the warmth kept me awake all night.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2012, 07:20:04 am »

Your goal seems to be to make the world a better place. But you don`t know exactly how you want to achieve this, yet. (Well, and one can always change his mind.)

I would like to rename the dagger "Menacing Iron Spike".

Name our clothing The Impenetrable Garb

What an oversight! If you have the power of appellomancy, why shouldn`t you use it to improve your gear? You take out your dagger and name it "Menacing Iron Spike". You could swear that your dagger looks more menacing- But also more like a spike than a blade. You run your thumb across the blade and sure enough; It feels rounder and less sharp. Well, that means that you shouldn`t try to cut anything anymore with it.. But the point is just as sharp as it was.

Well, that surely didn`t go as expected. Maybe you will be more successful with your clothing. You name your attire, consisting of good leather boots, travel stained pants and a well-worn shirt the "Impenetrable Garb". It suddenly feels a bit heaviers and thicker; And you know that it will offer additional protection.. But also that you will sweat heavily in it, now.

whats going about in the world.

Ah, now you recall. The Empire has conquered many parts of the world, but now it`s in a state of decline. It`s officials are often corrupt and as of late many border regions of the empire have seceded from it. The Empire is at war with two other kingdoms, though, and has ignored the rebels for now, which only fuels their resolve. As it happens one of those seceded countries, Lamargh, is to the south of Bagrah- Only some two hundred miles away. This obviously worries the people of Bagrah.

Enter wizard guildhall, obtain information.

Since the guildhall is nearby you decide to visit it. As you approach it you are challenged by an aspiring wizard "So, you want to enter the guildhall? If so, please tell me what your business is. I`m Farghil the Gatewarden. Only those with magical abilities or enough gold to buy our services might enter."

Since you have neither spells which you could show him, nor enough gold, you decide to leave the guildhall for now. How disappointing.

Buy a cloth bag.
And then, uh, go find a tavern.

As you slender through the streets of Bagrah you notice that the town is pretty organized. You quickly commit the layout of the city to your memory:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You buy a cheap, poor quality, cloth bag on the market. You also gather some information about the most important people in town:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After buying the bag and obtaining some information you end up in the "Dank Cellar", a tavern near the market. It is pretty empty, but a few people can be found inside, enjoying a break from working.

Status
Health: 10/10
Powerlevel (Naming People) 1
Powerlevel (Item Naming) 1
Perks: None

Inventory
The Impenetrable Garb
Consisting of good leather boots, travel stained pants and a shirt.
(Quite heavy, but it increases your armor by 1.)

The Menacing Iron Spike
(It looks menacing, but the blade is dull.)
A few coins
Exactly five silver coins.
A cheap cloth bag

//Also, i like that plan, but some of the names aren`t possible yet. And i thought that you should get some background information first.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:17:53 am by Lordinquisitor »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Appellomancer! Turn 1!
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2012, 07:35:29 am »

The Impenetrable Garb
Wait what? I thought naming was supposed to completely alter an item's properties, not simply change them a little bit. :(

Also, I forgot what I wanted done with that bag. Let's try naming it Cornucopia.

Also, can we get a complete description of what our items are and what are their parameters?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 08:05:05 am »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2012, 08:15:52 am »

The Impenetrable Garb
Wait what? I thought naming was supposed to completely alter an item's properties, not simply change them a little bit. :(

Also, I forgot what I wanted done with that bag. Let's try naming it Cornucopia.

Also, can we get a complete description of what our items are and what are their parameters?

It does alter them completely. Watch as your powers grow! If you name things you have a chance of becoming more adept at it, unlocking new powers. And if your powers grow your names will become more powerful, too. Watch it as you level. ;)

(For that reason i did split item naming/person naming. Wouldn`t be fun if you could grind item naming and then would suddenly be able to use the most powerful names on a person.)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2012, 08:28:02 am »

pick up a fist sized rock, name it "Large amethyst geode", see if it gets larger/more valuable as you name stuff.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2012, 12:42:51 pm »

Go to the leader of town and call him .......(his original name) the peasant, and watch what happens. :P :P :P :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6