Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Final fantasy 7 is soooo boring....  (Read 5064 times)

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Final fantasy 7 is soooo boring....
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 05:29:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>

You can mod minerals in the next version,   :)  but I think it would end up rather messy with -laser anvils- and laser crossbows firing +kitten bone bolts+.   :roll:

And thrown -laser coins[500]-.   :eek:</STRONG>

I once built a world with living flying pizzas. Laser metal will be made.

...and plasma block bridges won't be far behind.

Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 06:07:00 am »

If I could I'd mod it so you can make weapons and armor out of any metal :P

Pointless but decorative, useful if there's a surplus of that metal and you don't have any better.

Gold should be like, 25% as effective as iron though for weapons and armor :P

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 09:40:00 am »

Gold's absolute hardness is somewhere around 4.  Iron's absolute hardness is somewhere around 35.  Logically, gold is only around 10% as effective as iron as a weapon or armour material.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 10:00:00 am »

Im just tired of games that make me feel like im stuck in a whirlpool going down a drain..........

People you cant talk to, boring plots, boring grinds for levels, etc oy.

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007, 10:07:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by JT:
<STRONG>Gold's absolute hardness is somewhere around 4.  Iron's absolute hardness is somewhere around 35.  Logically, gold is only around 10% as effective as iron as a weapon or armour material.</STRONG>

Hmmm..... *hits you over the head with a baseball bat made of solid gold* Nope. :P

I'm currently playing Vampire Bloodlines. The loading times are horrendous. D:

Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007, 10:41:00 am »

PS4 is my favorite game ever.  Good to see there are other phans out there in the Dwarf Fortress community.

Now I want a fortress full of Motavians outfitted with Laconian armor and axes.  And Sand Worms will be the new Elephants.

"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Entity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2007, 11:19:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>

You can mod minerals in the next version,   :)  but I think it would end up rather messy with -laser anvils- and laser crossbows firing +kitten bone bolts+.   :roll:

And thrown -laser coins[500]-.   :eek:</STRONG>

For a weapon, I think you'd have to create a new ammo class called "laser battery charge" or something and make it only constructable from "laser", and then create a weapon called a "laser blaster" that can fire that ammo and can be made out of metal (or obsidian - an obsidian laser blaster would be awesome.)

You'd have to mod your ammo so it'd be unrecoverable and never stick in the wound, tho - it would be highly silly if, after making someone eat hot light, they were to have a *laser battery charge* stuck in the wound.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kuli:
<STRONG>PS4 is my favorite game ever.  Good to see there are other phans out there in the Dwarf Fortress community.</STRONG>

Wouldn't that be "Dwarph Phortress"?   :)  
Only we need:
a) a way to make Ceramics.
b) get the Titanium-refinement secret from that old Motavian from Tonoe.
c) find the exact ingredients and production process of Laconian material.
d) question Toady as to how exactly to represent cyborgs within DPh.
After that, we're all set!  :D

Or no, wait, we need Techniques! And magic, too.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2007, 04:18:00 pm »

I have found something to keep me occupied until the next version is released!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance!

Anyone played that one?  I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

As for when the new version does finally come out, the thoughts are so overwhelming that I don't dare attempt to sort through them.  I have dreams about those new maps...  And the modding possibilities!  Head...  Spinning...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2007, 04:39:00 pm »

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was distinctly 'ok'. I didn't like the judge system all that much. It seemed like a good idea, but you slowly get tired of not being able to do various things. (ok, I'm fighting monsters but I can't directly harm monsters. Not many options there outside of charm and poison unless I'm forgetting something.  Oh yea, and just out of dumb luck the last three fights had this law in place also.)

I'm one of those players that leveled all their characters to level 99 (multiple times) and mastered all jobs in the original FFT and it seemed kinda a step down from the original.  Not a horrible game, but it could be better imho.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Eagleon:
<STRONG>
Hmmm..... *hits you over the head with a baseball bat made of solid gold* Nope. :P</STRONG>

Gold is so soft that it will bend even when it hits me, wrapping around my skull instead of staving in my skull.  If I'm not mistaken, my skull is also an order of magnitude harder than the gold.

It'll hurt like hell, especially because there's so much mass to it, but it won't cause any serious damage.  Besides, you'd have trouble swinging it. ;-)

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2007, 09:23:00 pm »

>_>; I've been occupied with some pretty old games; D/Generation took longer than I would have liked to get a hold of, but was well worth finally playing again.  Slay is a bit newer but still over 10 years old at least, and while I haven't played them again yet I also looked for Xargon, One Must Fall 2097, and Lemmings.  Roguelikes are about as close as I generally get to an RPG anymore, though...
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2007, 09:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Entity:
<STRONG>

For a weapon, I think you'd have to create a new ammo class called "laser battery charge" or something and make it only constructable from "laser", and then create a weapon called a "laser blaster" that can fire that ammo and can be made out of metal (or obsidian - an obsidian laser blaster would be awesome.)

You'd have to mod your ammo so it'd be unrecoverable and never stick in the wound, tho - it would be highly silly if, after making someone eat hot light, they were to have a *laser battery charge* stuck in the wound.</STRONG>

New challenge for when the new version comes out. Mod in the most twisted variation to the game possible. Rivers of ichor, boiling pits of ammonia, zxvyzxyv ore to produce nanites that can be used as a form of mass driver siege ammo. And lets not forget the mutated chocobos that are a sin against nature. To arms lads we shall create the most twisted world that shall ever exist. To gaze upon it is to gaze into the very mind of insanity. To suction cups.

Ok, I'm not very good at designing insanity worlds but I think you get the point.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2007, 10:24:00 pm »

I think that sounds fun.  Once I'm done with the Irondwarf challenge, maybe I'll give that "twisted world" thing a shot.

On a completely different topic, a Zombie just attacked me with Miasma in FFTA.

Good times.

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2007, 11:24:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>

Wouldn't that be "Dwarph Phortress"?    :)  
Only we need:
a) a way to make Ceramics.
b) get the Titanium-refinement secret from that old Motavian from Tonoe.
c) find the exact ingredients and production process of Laconian material.
d) question Toady as to how exactly to represent cyborgs within DPh.
After that, we're all set!   :D

Or no, wait, we need Techniques! And magic, too.</STRONG>

Ha, Dwarph Phortress!  I should have thought of that.

a. Won't clay be in the next version?  Could possibly get ceramics out of that.
b. If DF has taught me anything, it's that enough Felsite mugs will buy anything.
c. I would probably just rename adamantite to laconium.
d. Are prosthetic limbs going to be added to the game?  Give a dwarf enough steel limbs and he's practically a cyborg.  That or we could mod in cyborg creatures with things like "bionic arms."

Magic if/when it's re-added to the game will be great.  Then we could have Espers too.

Other things we need:

1. Replace wagons with Land Rovers.
2. Musk cats.  Maybe even flying musk cats.
3. Rappies, too.  Gotta have Rappies.
4. Claws, slashers, and guns as new weapons.
5. The ability to make Monomate, Dimate, and Trimate.  Would they be food?  Will medicine be added to DF?
6. Dark Force as the too deep demon or a pit demon.
7. Mod the Desolisians' dialogue so they make really bad puns. ("Those dwarves must really hate me.  I asked for a coke and they gave me a piece of coal!")

And a lot more.  Oh the possibilities.

"The power of Zefon compels you!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4