Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Final fantasy 7 is soooo boring....  (Read 5063 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Final fantasy 7 is soooo boring....
« on: October 19, 2007, 03:08:00 pm »

Come on new release.

Let us bash all the games that are failing to keep us satisfyed.

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Final fantasy 7 is soooo boring....
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 03:52:00 pm »

I don't really feel like 'bashing' other games.

On the contrary, if I ever feel the urge, I'd like to recreate my favorite jRPG - Phantasy Star 4 - within DF. Not exactly the game itself, rather its world - parmanians, motavians, the various indigenous lifeforms...  Sand worms will be pretty tricky methinks, but most of the rest should be possible even in the current version. Err, probably apart from the laser claws, laser swords, laser cannons, and other undwarflike weaponry.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 03:52:00 pm »

There are other games?   :eek:
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 03:56:00 pm »

People keep forcing me to play something they call "real life", the graphics are fantastic, BUT I DON'T CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS, It's reeeealy boring, I would rater not play anything at all, but they keep forcing me, it's horrible!  :(   :mad:
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »

I just got into the Hellgate: London beta.  And I've been playing on a MUD and a MUSH.  They're all good uses of time, and thank goodness the beta won't last long.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>I don't really feel like 'bashing' other games.

On the contrary, if I ever feel the urge, I'd like to recreate my favorite jRPG - Phantasy Star 4 - within DF. Not exactly the game itself, rather its world - parmanians, motavians, the various indigenous lifeforms...  Sand worms will be pretty tricky methinks, but most of the rest should be possible even in the current version. Err, probably apart from the laser claws, laser swords, laser cannons, and other undwarflike weaponry.</STRONG>

And Zio instead of Dragons.

:(

Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Poil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 05:24:00 pm »

My attempts to recreate the different towns from the HOMM series has failed so far. Not being able to mod in civilizations made up of half a dozen different races kinda makes it hard.

[ October 19, 2007: Message edited by: Poil ]

[DEMONLORD]

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 07:27:00 pm »

Pssht, why bash other games? I'd love to see an Aperture Science portal as a magic spell in DF. Imagine moving a portal exit so your bedrooms are always rather close to the deepest mining face, or dropping a stone through a shaft only to have it fly out of a portal high up like a catapult without the siege engine parts!
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 07:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>People keep forcing me to play something they call "real life", the graphics are fantastic, BUT I DON'T CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS, It's reeeealy boring, I would rater not play anything at all, but they keep forcing me, it's horrible!   :(    :mad:</STRONG>

My uncle's dog jumped on me the other day and I swear I could see "The dog hits!" somewhere in my perception...

quote:
Alfador

The plump helmet is a lie! Have you seen your best friend, Weighted Flood Gate?

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 01:15:00 am »

quote:

Phantasy Star 4</STRONG>

Awwww - memories!! I and IV...

...poor Alis.

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>People keep forcing me to play something they call "real life", the graphics are fantastic, BUT I DON'T CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS, It's reeeealy boring, I would rater not play anything at all, but they keep forcing me, it's horrible!</STRONG>

Yeah, I'm a bit over this game, too. About 35 pages of work to be done on me thesis in the next week and the reading is incredibly boring. Then about 3 assignments due in the week after. Work is good, though.

I sometimes wonder that when the game is finally released, that I'll have talked and read so much about it that I won't really be interested or needing to play - like it will all be old news when I first load a fort up.

quote:
Originally posted by Poil:
<STRONG> My attempts to recreate the different towns from the HOMM series has failed so far. Not being able to mod in civilizations made up of half a dozen different races kinda makes it hard. </STRONG>

Try recreating towns from Might and Magic, then! Any release would provide some fodder.

Kagira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 01:51:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Keiseth:
<STRONG>
The plump helmet is a lie! Have you seen your best friend, Weighted Flood Gate?</STRONG>

You magma chambered your faithful companion +granite block+ faster than any of the other test haulers. Well done!

obles make fine firewood.

Kagira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 01:52:00 am »

quote:

On the contrary, if I ever feel the urge, I'd like to recreate my favorite jRPG - Phantasy Star 4 - within DF. Not exactly the game itself, rather its world - parmanians, motavians, the various indigenous lifeforms...  Sand worms will be pretty tricky methinks, but most of the rest should be possible even in the current version. Err, probably apart from the laser claws, laser swords, laser cannons, and other undwarflike weaponry.</STRONG>

And this! If you ever make a mod like this for DF, please tell us. at least me.

obles make fine firewood.

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 04:39:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Faces of Mu:
<STRONG>
Awwww - memories!! I and IV...

...poor Alis.</STRONG>

Did Alis die in I or IV?
I know I played one of them, the one with Zio.
Does this description fit every part? O_o
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 06:35:00 am »

The system requirements for real life are ridiculous.  It's astonishing that anyone can afford to run it.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 07:20:00 am »

The AI is really messed up though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4