Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Delvers — The First Mission  (Read 11761 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2012, 11:19:33 am »

Jurial...Hell, I don't know. What will he do? Go to wherever there's the loudest noise, I guess. He probably heard Shell-face's war-cry, so...

...What is this.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2012, 11:22:29 am »

Fix those turrets.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2012, 12:18:44 pm »

Jurial...Hell, I don't know. What will he do? Go to wherever there's the loudest noise, I guess. He probably heard Shell-face's war-cry, so...

...What is this.

A bolded post, stating my character's impending action?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2012, 05:44:05 pm »

"The work is done...And how is Ariel?"
"Um, facing off against a mound of stuff that already clubbed Quara."

Shunt axe to delvecart. Run to Ariel and Quara's aid.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2012, 06:41:08 pm »

"Um, facing off against a mound of stuff that already clubbed Quara."

"That's...Unpleasant." Falken says, his smile fading. He puts the skeleton in the delvecart a la loot dropping and starts to sprint towards the area Ariel is in.

Move to help Ariel, attack that mound with the light pistol as many times as possible.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2012, 06:34:16 am »

Ariel 5 lets out one fine example of a war-cry (+1 to next attack :D)!

- She can't order lightcube, remember? She can only hope her [D] lightcube follows well enough, but with the [D] series' patchy motion recognition, chances aren't that good.

2 Ariel fails to attack the eye, but 5 thankfully doesn't miss.

5+1+3 vs 6->3+4
= none

Her spear stab makes little effect in the body of the creature.

4+1+3 vs 1+4
= 4 damage is dealt on her second jab, and

4+1+3 vs 6->2+4
her third attack also is ignored by the creature. It is about to retaliate, when

Jurial approaches and heads towards the dark thing.

He prods it. 1 A black tentacle shoots out of its back and grabs Jurial.

Joker arrives shortly after, and he whips out a light pistol, dropping his reeled spear to the ground, and aims two bolts at its head, but1,4 one misses.

5*2+6+2*2 vs 2
= 16 damage

The eye is pierced straight through. However, it doesn't die, yet.

Eric gives his turrets the correct light pistol weaponry.

Arianna sends the axe to the delvecart. She runs to Ariel and Quara.

Falken swaps for a light pistol and fires twice.

2*2 + 3 + 6*2 vs 3
= 16 damage

His light pistol bolt rips through the pure dark that comprises the creature, and it explodes into a thousand black lumps which splatter the cavern, the floor, and Ariel along with Jurial.

The bronze eye clatters to the floor.

*note: I've decided light pistols roll a separate d6 for damage.

Spoiler: Delvecart (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2012, 10:14:07 am »

Fire away!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2012, 10:54:46 am »

With an inarticulate scream of rage, Jurial will COMMENCE WITH THE FURIOUS STABBING.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2012, 11:10:13 am »

With an inarticulate scream of rage, Jurial will COMMENCE WITH THE FURIOUS STABBING.

"Get away from me!" Ariel shouted at Jurial, who seemed to be engaged in the usage of his spear at the dead foe, or the nearest living one. Either way, he didn't look like he was a safe place to be near.

"Anyone who can heal, help! Quara is hurt!"

Pick up that Eye. Try to examine Quara's wounds.

Defend self if any attacks are presented towards me.

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:28:33 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2012, 12:32:02 pm »

"Well, we can try this." Falken says, trying to pick up one of Quara's potions and shove it inside her mouth. "I do not know much on the arts of healing, but a potion is a good temporary solution."

Falken turned to Jurial as he saw the man starts to behave spastically. "There is no need for acting like that."

Take one of Quara's potion and make her drink it, using one of mine if such is impossible. If necessary, use all moves for it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2012, 07:14:19 am »

Eric & Jurial both have nothing to stab or fire at.

The thing died and became part of the floor.

Ariel picks up the eye. It's flat, and it's made of bronze. The smooth finish is completely solid, and doesn't move like it did when it was alive. For some reason, HQ pays a lot for each eye.

Falken takes one of Quara's potions and makes her drink it. Her wounds heal slightly, but she is still unconscious.

The sudden silence is practically palpable. Joker sidles up to Quara, and asks to no-one in particular, "Then where's the other Lightkeeper?"

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2012, 07:22:23 am »

"There's another lightkeeper?" Ariel said, "What happened to everyone, Joker, and where did most of our team go? We were more than this!"

Ask!

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:32:47 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2012, 07:33:21 am »

"Don't you remember the guy who talked in grey that was a higher-level Lightkeeper than your recently indisposed one?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2012, 07:38:45 am »

"But I thought he was the Pathfinder and-"

"In case you have more questions, just ask me as you go. I'm also a Lightkeeper, like I said, so I'll be eavesdropping on communications and generally be ready to react. I have to send a Cube after Joker, anyway. Remember once more: both Extractors and Searchers can find ore and float stone, but the Searcher does so from further away with Searcheyes. Aaaand, go.[/glow]"

"Oh, forgot that tiny tidbit.

"So...no. I haven't seen him, but am wondering what was able to take us all unawares. I thought you were protecting him - intervening when possible?"

Ariel suppressed her urge to berate him on Quara's wounds, and her near death (yet again). What was going on?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2012, 07:40:33 am »

"The man was inside his Lighthouse. Lighthouses are invulnerable to almost all external threats, including the dark things we saw. I followed you people out."

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16