Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Delvers — The First Mission  (Read 11762 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2012, 05:28:35 am »

Asari began hopping lightly from foot to foot, the excitement of possibly being able to examine the skeleton nice and closely almost too much to bear. Hurry up Falken!

Then she noticed that the axe had been knocked away. Hm, as long as she didn't have anything better to do...

Go examine the skeleton's axe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2012, 05:57:14 am »

ptw

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission: Needs new blood: one more person
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2012, 08:09:51 am »

Falken smiles, swings and blocks as the skeleton attacks him. The enemy is susprisingly nibmle for a moving being made of bones. Maybe it won't have such luck and nimbleness after he tries his next series of quick attacks...
"I'll try to catch it...now!"

Use all movements on chaining it.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2012, 09:49:53 am »

Swing at the skeleton with my...+3 Scimitar?

Spoiler: Allan Nainth (click to show/hide)
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2012, 11:55:46 am »

Jurial will listen closely, and see if the group needs help. If they don't, then he'll lie down for a bit, and have a nap. If they do, then he'll still have a nap, but...Nap carefully

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2012, 06:28:11 am »

Ariel 2 calls for help, but the darkness seems to almost swallow up her words.

4,1,6 The creature isn't between her and the cave tunnel, so she quickly drags Quara towards it. On the first attempt, she trips on her feet, and on her second attempt she makes it halfway to the corridor, but the dark mound intercepts her. It rears up, and a bronze eye pushes itself out of the black matter. It opens and transfixes Ariel.

Asari 6 runs over to the axe, almost bursting with expectation.

However, she is let down when it's just a +2 Steel Axe, nothing more to it. Even the decorations, she remembers seeing in a certain shop five stops from the staging area, which the shop passed down from father to son for more than three generations.

Falken 1,1,2 trips himself not once but twice, and  completely misses the third time. The skeleton takes advantage of the situation and
1+2 vs 2+2
2+2 vs 2+2

completely fails to deal any sort of damage, lethal or not, to Falken. He thinks that it mostly flailed.

Allan 5+2+3 vs 4+2
= 4 damage swings wildly, up to down since the ribs are horizontal and probably won't take much damage. The sword bounces off the skeletal target, but not before creating a think crack in the skull.

2+2+3 vs 5+2
He forgets his wisdom on the second swing: his blade passes right through the area between a rib and another.

Jurial 2 decides to be of no help at all and lies on the floor to have a careful nap. However, he fails to go to sleep on the floor, and moreover he isn't careful enough, because he is poked by a sharp rock. Poked severely. The rock seems to be disapproving of Jurial.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2012, 08:07:33 am »

"Asari, can you check on Ariel? I haven't heard from her in some time already." Falken says, preparing to strike at the skeleton once more. "She went to check on our rearguard, I'll be right with you."

He turns to face Allen with a smirk.
"I am trying to capture this skeleton in one piece."

Once again, use all movements on chaining it. If any movement is left, take the axe and go check on Ariel.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 03:00:38 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2012, 02:58:27 pm »

Jurial will head back and loot the skeleton if it's dead. If it's still alive, stab it in the skull. Repeatedly.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:03:44 pm by Caerwyn »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2012, 09:19:39 pm »

"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOOIIING!"

He turns to face Allen with a smirk.
"I am trying to capture this skeleton in one piece."
WHY!?
KEEP SWINGING!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:48:54 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2012, 10:31:19 pm »

"Mm? Oh, sure."

Send the [C] searcheye back to look for Ariel. Loot axe, I guess.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2012, 07:29:39 am »

Ariel tried her best not to stare into the eye of the creature, instead looking at it's other parts to determine where it is, holding her spear and defending Quara for all she was worth.

Tears streamed down her face as the bitter realization came to her: the higher level delvers were nowhere to be seen, she had just abandoned a safehouse of light where the others could see them, her voice was weak and stifled by fear, Quara seemed muchly...dead at that point, and to make things worse, nobody was coming for her as they didn't know.

Order Lightcube to illuminate our position!

I'm not going to die here! You won't kill me this easily!

Ready counterstrike. Keep that thing away from Quara!

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2012, 08:12:30 am »

Falken

2 vs 2
1 vs 2
3 vs 1

The first attempt fails as the skeleton skips over the chain. The second attempt goes the same, except the skeleton smacks him with its hand

1+2 vs 6->~

but Falken shrugs off the feeble attempt at an attack.

The third try brings a success, and the skeleton is quickly roped and brought to the ground.

Jurial sees that the skeleton is dead. Technically.

Allan ignores Falken's wishes and swings at the skeleton wildly.

However, he is missing a character sheet and only gets in one blow.

4+2+3 vs 4+2
= 3 damage

The skeleton takes another dent in its ribs.

Asari
2+1 successfully sends her searcheye wobbling towards Ariel.

She can see through it: there is a rising mound of darkness with a bronze, flat eye in it, and Ariel is facing off against it on her own. Quara is slumped next to her: Ariel seems to be standing between the creature and Quara.

Asari can pick up the big, unwieldy axe and lug it around, or send it to the delvecart.

Ariel 2 fails to control the lightcube again, and it only shines upon herself.

4 The creature looms, but it doesn't make a move, yet. Ariel glances around the area; right now, the creature is alone.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2012, 08:29:02 am »

Just keep it at bay...or maybe it's like those tendrils! Maybe it'll shoot tendrils at me!

Argh. Curse. This.

Warcry!

Then order the lightcube to charge at the creature, along with me and my spear! Aim for the eye, preferably!

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:46:27 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2012, 08:34:28 am »

WHY!?

"So it can be examined later for scientific purposes." Falken answers Allan with a smile. "See? I captured it. Now please refrain from attacking it. A skeleton in one piece is worth more than a destroyed one."

Falken walks towards Asari, pulling the chained skeleton and playfully swirling his crimson spear.
"The work is done...And how is Ariel?"

>Yes?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2012, 11:13:29 am »

Jurial...Hell, I don't know. What will he do? Go to wherever there's the loudest noise, I guess. He probably heard Shell-face's war-cry, so...

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:20:04 pm by Caerwyn »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16