Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Delvers — The First Mission  (Read 11774 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2012, 10:19:14 am »

"This...is bad."

Ariel turned back to look at Quara was supposed to be.

"I'll be heading back. I think Quara needs someone to help her."

Strangely, she felt like they were more than she first remembered. Who were the rest?

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission: Needs new blood: one more person
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2012, 12:01:49 pm »

Falken watches as Ariel breaks yet another possibly valuable artifact with ancient technology hidden in its innards, deciding once and for all to get her to stop. Even if he doesn't happen to be angry at his teammate's blunders, they are still causing damage to the team's performance after all.

"Please, Ariel, could you leave the examining for the people who are used to doing such when we get back?" the daemon asks with a soft, natural smile, taking the cube from the ground with his armored hand and putting it delicately inside the delve cart with unnatural finesse.

His eyes pose no blame, but his voice is firm enough to drive his point home: it would be better to try and take those back intact, and they are not skilled enough to manipulate them with the needed care.

Move ahead as far as possible while staying inside the area bathed in light, trying to discern any enemies or alternative passages.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2012, 12:07:56 pm »

"Yes Falken," Ariel replied, trying to hide the tone of defeat in her voice -- being able to do something and fail was one thing, but clumsily handling an artifact was another. It wasn't good, to say the least.

But first things first, duty and obligation. They needed light.

"I'll get Quara."

Get Quara and help her along with the party for them lightcubes!

Try to stay away from tendril-filled areas. Sharpen spear on the way.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2012, 06:09:01 pm »

Asari rubbed her eyes, as though just waking up.

"...so, how's it going?" she asked nobody in particular.

Send a few D searcheyes ahead, see what's out there.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2012, 07:03:17 pm »

"...so, how's it going?" she asked nobody in particular.

Falken turns his head back, a wide smile spreading over his face and showing one of his fangs. His red eyes once again take in Asari's clothing; her robes, with their color pattern almost the same as his...

His grin flashed a hint of mischievousness before he answered, his voice as smooth as usual.
"Fine and nice to see you reacting. How was the rearguard?" he asked, swishing the spade-tipped tail that came from his armor as if to put a well-humoured emphasis on it.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2012, 06:11:45 am »

Jurial 4 takes long strides ahead. He can't see any ores with his bare eyes. The lightcube assigned to him faithfully follows, but it's as always sluggish in reacting. He has to control his pace to stay in the light.

222 No progress is made in the practice of spear-typed weapons.

Allan 6 sends a searcheye spiraling into the dark. 3 It detects that there's ore somewhere, but Allan can't pinpoint where, exactly.

Falken 6 strides forward at a slow enough pace for the lightcube to keep up. Since he has a [C] lightcube, it is slightly better at responding to his movements, and he isn't impeded as much as Jurial is.

He runs into a giant skeleton, perhaps 190 cm tall, and with a large frame and thick knuckles. It is grasping a simply decorated axe, with a blade that can probably wallop off any bum's head in seconds.

The skeleton looks surprised at the devil running straight into it, then quickly skips backwards.

Ariel 5 quickly returns to where the delvecart is. She enters the lighthouse set up next to it. The dim interior of the lighthouse hides what is there until the last moment—Quara is slumped over her keyboard, her hair matted with something dark.

The humming of the lighthouse gives a faux peaceful feeling.

Asari 2,1 accidentally sends one searcheye into a wall, and the other the floor. Nothing much there, wall or floor.

Spoiler: delvecart (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2012, 09:09:24 am »

O...k.

Oh no, what should I do? Ask for help? No, they're all busy. But what is that thing? Better ask for help. It's dark and doesn't look good.

"Help! Anyone? Quara is in danger!"

Um. Um...

Poke the dark matter-thing with the butt of my spear!

Then try to carry Quara out. And not to panic because I don't know what in the world is happening.

And after that, if everything is successful, examine the...Quara.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2012, 10:40:35 am »

Jurial will double back, to make sure he's with the group. He has a boney feeling that something awful might happen. If there is such a bad thing happening, then he should probably attack it, right?

I have no clue if my character knows that there's a skeleton, but, what the hell, it's an RTD.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2012, 11:48:34 am »

I have no clue if my character knows that there's a skeleton, but, what the hell, it's an RTD.
((Not an excuse for meta, respect the GM and her game.

Though, you do know. Because everyone has a lightcube. And you can see it.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2012, 04:51:13 pm »

Asari perked up at noticing the skeleton, her interest finally captured.

"Ooooooh, what's that?"

Examine skeleton, getting closer if necessary.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission: Needs new blood: one more person
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2012, 06:27:54 pm »

"A skeleton, it seems." he answered Asari, moving towards the undead creature. "Let me see if I can catch it without destroying its bones completely."

Execute disarming moves with the Crimson Spear +3 then try to chain it. Use all three swift movements in disarming and chaining it.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:45:07 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2012, 06:32:57 pm »

Equip sentries with weapons, take a spare. Fire away.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2012, 09:39:30 pm »

"Really?" Asari asked, lighting up at Falken's words. An undamaged skeleton would be excellent...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2012, 04:08:26 am »

Ire doesn't need to poke the matter: it's matted blood.

2 Ire carries Quara out from the safe, invulnerable lighthouse into the scary darkness. Unfortunately, she's panicking and can't remember that.

2 She continues to panic and forgets to check upon Quara, because a dark mound is pushing itself out from the floor in a corner of the cavern, dimly lit by her lightcube.

Jurial 6.2 fails to activate Genre Savvy. He continues on, blithely unaware, until the sound of fighting echoes down the hall.

Falken 4+3+3  vs 4+4 disconnects the wristbone and kicks away the axe. It clangs on the floor sadly.

The skeleton looks skeleton-y, as skeletons tend to lack facial expressions.

3 vs 3
3 vs 4
The skeleton dodges the chains, surprisingly nimble. It punches Falken with its other hand —

3+2 vs 2+2+1
— but Falken guards and catches the fist on the shaft of his spear.

Asari 5 succeeds on her common sense test and remembers that getting close won't really help Falken capture it. When he does, she can examine the skeleton all she wants. Perhaps even intimately, with it all chained up and she taking the skeleton apart bone by bone.

Eric 6 accidentally equips one of his sentries with a shield disc, and takes up a sentry-only weapon, Sentry Light Pistol [D]. People that aren't sentries (which is most people, really) can't fire sentry weapons. The Sentry Light Pistol [D] is part of each and every Sentry Floater [D] set, so no need to record it.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2012, 05:01:02 am »

((Oh no.))

Oh no oh no oh no ohnoohno...

Ariel gripped her spear tightly as she glanced back to Quara, then at that mound forming nearby.

It was blood on her hair, that meant someone got her!

Where is Joker when you need him! D:

Shout for help!

Then, using my swiftness (:P), drag Quara nearer to the rest of the party, examining the Quara on the way or defending her from attack!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16