Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Delvers — The First Mission  (Read 11770 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission: Needs new blood: one more person
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2012, 01:53:38 am »

"Need help with that, Falken?" Ariel said as she appeared by his side with the spear in hand.
"There is no need, miss. I'll try to get it free myself" Falken answered, showing her a wide smiile, showcasing both his pristine white teeth and the sharpened fang-like canines which helped display his inhuman nature.

Get spear back, scan nearby area.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2012, 03:39:08 am »

Irony, are you sure you want 75 HP? :/
((No, but I couldn't think of any particularly compelling reasons to do it differently. If you've got some suggestions I'm all ears.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2012, 08:06:01 am »

Irony, are you sure you want 75 HP? :/
((No, but I couldn't think of any particularly compelling reasons to do it differently. If you've got some suggestions I'm all ears.))
((You need points in the other stats like Swiftness to act, and general attack//defense to...well, let's leave Sky for that.  :P
Glad to see ya here, Irony!

Also, incase anyone missed it: I moved my Ward from wolfchild to Spinal_Taper))

If Falken can't get spear back alone, get ye spear with him!

And then order lightcube to hover to the ceiling and move above our party in that manner -- don't want to get more bats sneaking up on us!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2012, 07:02:29 am »

Jurial runs his hands on the surface of his ward generator. It is completely sealed, and he can't see a way to get into it, without breaking the cover, and possibly the delicate magitech circuits inside it.

5 He idles, and thinks up a bit of trivia: wards can be inverted to trap creatures.

Allan takes out a searcher and sets it to search (1). (2) 4 The searcheye quickly finds another vein of the aligned silver, and a small rectangular bit of metal in the cavern wall where Jurial lost his spear.

Eric's sentry receives the aligned silver information and heads off to mine the silver.

3 aligned silver is obtained from the vein before it is depleted.

Falken and Ariel 5 take the spear out of the cavern rock. On its tip, a silvery metal cube is impaled. It is mostly plain, but one side is finely worked with swirling lines and patterns. In the dead center, an eye and a pupil is drawn.

2 Ariel can't make her lightcube float at her mental orders, as it should, so she manually moves her lightcube higher. She doesn't know why the cube isn't responding.

1 Falken totally forgets to scan the area. The box is strangely alluring.

Irony, you can pretend you've always been there :D
Also, I recommend at least one point of Swiftness (5 character creation points), because each point of swiftness lets you do one more action. You don't want to cloak (which lasts one turn) and be unable to attack, or run.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2012, 07:42:17 am »

"As I said..." Falken smiled once again as the pulled the spear from the hole. He noticed the silvery cube, pulling it out of the spear and putting it in the delvecart, shifting his eyes back to checking the area they were in.

He had been interested in talking to one of the party members but he had been centered enough on the task at hand not to do it. Maybe after he had made sure they weren't in a dangerous position...Then Falken would be able to do it properly.

Scan nearby area. Then scan again and again until something interesting is found.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:01:56 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2012, 08:03:59 am »

((Yay, 2 actions!  :P))

"Wait! I want to take a look at that!" Ariel said as she took the strange eye-engraved cube from the delvecart.

Check lightcube for any errors.

"How do we mine this ore again?"

Ask. Then check the sharpness of own pickaxe!

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2012, 08:10:36 am »

((Is this... Reeler, Light... whatever... Tower of God? Lighthouses, Arms Inventory? May I assume that this was inspired by Tower of God by Slave in Utero?))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2012, 08:13:12 am »

((Is this... Reeler, Light... whatever... Tower of God? Lighthouses, Arms Inventory? May I assume that this was inspired by Tower of God by Slave in Utero?))
((You are correct.))

((IT NEEDED GAMIFYIN'.))

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2012, 08:18:35 am »

((You are correct.))

((IT NEEDED GAMIFYIN'.))

((YOU ARE RIGHT! But somehow, it isn't the same without Baam/Viole that copies every skill effortlessly...))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission
« Reply #144 on: October 04, 2012, 09:57:04 am »

Scan and mine. Follow others.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:06:13 am by Spinal_Taper »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2012, 10:29:26 am »

Staying silent, Allan continues over to where Ariel and Flaken are.
Continue down the cave, randomly hitting my pick against the wall every so often.

Spoiler: Allan Nainth (click to show/hide)
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2012, 04:46:54 pm »

Jurial, angered by not being allowed to craft/upgrade things, will try and fiddle with his spear to make it...awesome...er.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2012, 09:16:19 am »

Falken 1 not having any sensory enhancements, doesn't find anything. 1 A second glance doesn't help.

Ariel 1 lets the cube slip from her hands. It falls on the floor with another crack, reminding her of the machine she dropped earlier.

4 The only reason a lightcube wouldn't respond would be if the Lightkeeper was out of action for some reason, be it being too far away to control it or being away from the console.

3 Her pickaxe is +0 sharp.

Eric 4 uses his limited sensor suite and picks up the slightest hint of some sort of ore further down the corridor. It would be better if the Searcher used his searcheyes...

Allan 2 regularly taps the cavern wall every few steps. Bits of granite flake away with each hit. That triggers a dull memory, but he can't quite recall it.

Jurial doesn't have anything to fiddle his spear with. :/

Also, Jurial can as much upgrade his ward generator as a common man on the street can upgrade a personal computer with no parts, tools, or knowledge whatsoever.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2012, 10:03:32 am »

First

Jurial will forge ahead, quietly scouting the area. He'll keep an eye out for any special ores too. Ask the Lightkeeper for a Light-cube to follow him, and he'll keep his spears at guard. If he has time, he'll practice with them, too.

B-but this is an RTD! We're supposed to be able to defy the impossible with good rolls!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2012, 10:05:25 am »

Use one(1) [D] Searcheye to look for the ore up ahead.
Spoiler: Allan Nainth (click to show/hide)

[/quote]
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16