Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Delvers — The First Mission  (Read 11784 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Delvers — The First Mission
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2012, 08:17:54 am »

Jurial 2 makes sure all his friends are in front of him. Since he is running away from the things, he is becoming a voluntary meatshield for his friends.

5 In his haste, he accidentally activates his [D] ward generator, configured as a long wall that quarantines the tunnel. 7 bats thud into the wall, causing white areas of noise whenever they touch the thin screen.

Jurial takes 1 damage.

Falken 1,2,4=7 hits: Falken kebabs four bats on one stick. He withdraws his spear and watches the bats slide off the wall, even though his spear is untouched. He kills another bat, then stabs two to death. The reel on his Inventory whirls as the spear is retrieved yet again.

4 Falken spots more bats coming, by the slight changes in the color of the darkness.

Ariel 1 readies her banded spear, and throws two spears. 1,3 One flies into the darkness and is swallowed up, while the other one grazes a bat before clattering to the floor.

5 She thinks the bats are actually attracted to sound.

Eric 1 tells ALL his sentries to start shooting, which means the miner also halts operations.

2,3,4 The miner flies through the ward and drills feebly at the air. The crossbolt caster fires at nothing, but the light-pistol sentry nails and incinerates a bat. It screeches in pain as its thin wings are burnt into ash.

Over the lightcubes, a muffled "thud" sound is heard.

Joker spins his spear lazily; his eyes are actively looking around the area, trying to discern threats before they appear.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:46:33 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission, waiting for 3 actions
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2012, 08:29:07 am »

"Bat kebab, anyone?" the demonkin asked with a smile as he struck down some of the enemy critters.

Readying his spear once more, Falken took an offensive stance before lashing out another time at the bat-beasts.

"Can anyone confirm what was that sound?"

Keep attacking threats with the +3 Crimson Spear, using three quick attacks.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2012, 08:42:45 am »

((You're doing it again Sky  :P
Also, I've got 2 Swiftness like Falken there.))

"Sound! Sound! They're attracted to sound!"

Reel in that spear.

Throw another couple at those bats, aiming for those who are attracted to Falken.

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2012, 10:32:30 am »

Jurial gives all those generators to someone who needs them, and stands in a corner, poking anything bat-like that comes near him with his spear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 05:09:57 pm by Caerwyn »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2012, 04:48:43 pm »

Give the  miner sentry a spare weapon. Have them form a defensive triangle around the group.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2012, 05:03:03 pm »

Sorry Guys haven't been on bay12 for a wile or at least not enough to post

Scan the area for danger
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2012, 01:07:13 am »

Falken jabs 6->5,6->3,1 three times, with quick, economic motions. He spears four or five, but loses his footing and slides outside of the wall ward.

Ariel 2 realizes that she didn't actually attach any spears to the reel. She throws the other two iron-tipped spears 5,3 and nails a pair of bats. The spears fall on the ground along with the corpses, and are within easy reach inside the ward.

Jurial cannot give his generators to someone else.

He pokes the corpses of bats that are nearby.

2 damage is taken from bats bumping on his ward.

He should now have 22/25 HP.

Eric arms the miner sentry with a crossbow caster, swapping the drill for the caster. The sentries fire into the darkness, alternating between light beams, and bolts that are near-invisible in the gloom. The bats shriek as they are hit.

There is a lot less noise now.

Quara 1 finds herself facedown on the console, with her head hurting, and with 15 HP. She racks her memories. From what she can recall, she was at her lighthouse console when suddenly black-out.

For now, she keeps her head down and still. She can hear someone moving around and muttering in a low voice.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2012, 01:14:22 am »

"It seems we're thinning down their numbers" Falken commented as he noticed the lowering of noises. And he had to step back into the ward.

Step back into the ward, keep attacking threats with the +3 Crimson Spear, using three quick attacks.

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2012, 07:33:13 am »

Why am I so useless...why did I forget to tie them to the reels...Lucky shots, always more...

Ariel moped as she plucked the spears out of the bats' bodies.

"Bats don't usually attack without provocation..."

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2012, 09:35:05 am »

Continue firing. Kill the bats. Once all are eliminated, collect those bodies!
"Don't be so hard on yourself young lady. It's your first time, of course you'll make some mistakes."

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2012, 12:44:21 pm »

Jurial will just do his thing and follow the rest happily.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2012, 04:17:16 am »

Falken steps back into the ward 3 but isn't able to cover himself well enough, and takes 0 damage before he can avoid the bats: his armor effectively blocks the sharp claws of the bats easily. Ariel takes 0 damage due to the ward. Falken 5,6,1 makes three quick jabs and dispatches two bats.

Arial 1 forgets herself and exits the wall ward, going to pick up her spears. A pair of bats descend on her and start biting and clawing.

(6+5)/2 -2 = 3 damage is taken. She retrieves all of her spears.

Eric 4,5,2 lets his three sentries kill three more bats. The pair left shriek and retreat. Eric strolls out of the ward and cheerily collects ten bat corpses. They are sent to the delvecart/party inventory, unless Eric wants to lug them around.

Jurial does his thing, that is, nothing.

His ward flickers off and floats back to him.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2012, 07:49:43 am »

"Hey, Ariel. Taking a potion now may be in good order. You can have mine if you want to." the young demon says whilst staring at Ariel. She seems a bit shaky after taking so many hits, sparking a little of Falken's worry.

Get the mysterious machine(s) and put it in the delvecart.

>Yes?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission: Needs new blood D: 2 people
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2012, 09:30:08 am »

((Uhh...you said you need people? I AM on the waitlist so...))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2012, 09:31:04 am »

Put things into the cart. Reequip the sentry with a drill, mine mine mine.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16