Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: New Dawn RTD (Turn 2: Oh shi-)  (Read 4769 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Dawn RTD (Turn 1: Feast and Famine)
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2012, 08:19:57 pm »

Nedenir notices has found food and moves on to help him.

Get one of the same plants Roland took and eat it. If possible, search for a source of water afterwards.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 08:27:21 pm »

"Curses."  She says. Fruit-bearing trees, would have made a reliable source of food for a while, and a nice base while searching or creating shelter and any other necessities. With a sigh Ssraah Slithers to the top of the tree, trying to find a source of fresh-water, and then slithers off in that direction, food sure to be close by the water.  If she reaches the water she drinks of it at the very least before searching for local fruits or vegetables.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 12:47:29 am »

Hunt some small game, if i see a pond or stream sharpen the stick and go fishing instead.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2012, 03:50:58 am »

...Find water.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2012, 03:03:04 pm »

Turn 2: Oh shi-

Roland smiles at everyone around him, then speaks.
"Alright then guys. Let's all get comfortable and then we need to plan."
Roland continues foraging for food. Once he finds some, he piles it somewhere.
[2] You find nothing edible this time.

Hungry
Thirsty

Nedenir notices has found food and moves on to help him.

Get one of the same plants Roland took and eat it. If possible, search for a source of water afterwards.
[6] You discover two more of the same type of plant nearby. Score!

+1 Juicy Fruit
+2 Herbalist

"Curses."  She says. Fruit-bearing trees, would have made a reliable source of food for a while, and a nice base while searching or creating shelter and any other necessities. With a sigh Ssraah Slithers to the top of the tree, trying to find a source of fresh-water, and then slithers off in that direction, food sure to be close by the water.  If she reaches the water she drinks of it at the very least before searching for local fruits or vegetables.
[3] You manage to climb a little ways, but it's not a very tall tree and the crown is pretty thick.

[5-1] You manage to see what you think is a lake regardless, however.

Hunt some small game, if i see a pond or stream sharpen the stick and go fishing instead.
[1] You run nose first into a...

Spoiler: Oh Let's See Now... (click to show/hide)

...giant octopus with a bear's head?

[1] It is pissed.

[6+3] vs [2] It strangles you like a baby. [6] vs [2] It also latches on successfully. Uh oh.

-7 HP
+3 Toughness
Grappled

...Find water.
[1] You find a patch of sand.

Quote from: Auto-mcclay
Assist ally!
You rush over to the guy being eaten by an octopus-bear. [5] vs [6] Despite your valiant efforts, it retains its grip on him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mcclay, you there? ???

Anyway, now that there's combat I'd like to try an experiment. Everyone may submit both a combat and noncombat action; the combat action is anything on a very small scale, the noncombat action is anything that takes you all day to accomplish.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Dawn RTD (Turn 2: Oh shi-)
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2012, 03:35:09 pm »

Throw things at the octopusbearpig from a relatively safe distance, aiming for the eyes.

*ahem* "I have found a lake, anyone who wishes to go check it out with me is welcome to" Ssraah announces before slithering to the lake and quenching her thirst, looking for any fruits or vegetables along the way.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2012, 03:37:58 pm »

"Guys, let's all group up at the lake once we're comfortable."
Help with beartupus. Head to lake afterwards, taking it's corpse and any other food found.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 04:39:29 pm »

((I think one unit of fruit and/or water per turn may be a little too much or our characters will have to use a wheelbarrow to carry what it takes to feed them for half a dozen hours.))

Noticing the problem with bearctopus, Nedenir moves in to help, even without any real skill available to help him save his companion from his plight! Which may end up in friendly fire somehow.

Combat: Throw rocks at bearctopus' head.

Noncombat: Gather and stock more fruit and water.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2012, 06:00:32 pm »

((I think one unit of fruit and/or water per turn may be a little too much or our characters will have to use a wheelbarrow to carry what it takes to feed them for half a dozen hours.))
((It's only for full, supposedly day-long turns that apply that, so a half dozen turns would be a fairly impressive trek. One of the reasons I'm experimenting with simultaneous combat/day turns, in fact; the alternative is have people in combat both being in battle and not needing to eat for three days.

That said, I'm not positive it's not too much anyway, I just don't want acquiring food to be trivial once you get some tools, skills, or infrastructure going for it. Water less so, though; that's intended to be pretty much "are you near a lake/well?"))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2012, 12:15:17 am »

Combat:
take the stick and shove it down the octobear's throat to prevent it biting me then gouge the living %$#@ out of its eyes with my claws.

Non combat:
Find food and/or water,
if octobear is defeated gut it and drink its blood then take a few meat and start making spears from its teeth.

also how do i get more level's in cellular regeneration?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:45:43 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 12:21:28 am »

((What I know, Mcclay usually is busy somewhere else on the forums and needs a PM to get back into action, perhaps he's not checking his newbox frequently.  :P))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2012, 05:03:49 am »

Sneak attack that Lovecraftian Horror
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2012, 04:33:45 am »

((Bump?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2012, 12:16:59 am »

mcclay's out, Tiruin's in. This isn't the cause of the delay, but we might as well get him in here while we wait. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2012, 12:35:01 am »

Will submit my sheet later on, one question:

Are we all human by default:P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5