Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. A FPS Medieval combat game  (Read 12555 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. A FPS Medieval combat game
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 10:25:59 am »

I know that cancelling an attack is Q, I'm jut saying it would be more intuitive if it were the same button as block. I really wish that I could play on a 64 player server, after having played ~100-200 player servers in M&B Chiv seems slightly on the lighter side unless everybody happens to respawn at the same time and go the same route without being a goddamn archer that blocks the goddamn spawn ramps grrr anger.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 03:04:51 am »

I heard you can run a server and turn bots on. That's about as close as you can get to single-player.
Yeah starting a server in lan with bots is basicly the only single player there is so far.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 03:58:26 am »

Annoying comment about dirty casuals playing it now that its a steam game and not before when it was a steam mod /rant

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 06:51:26 am »

Annoying comment about dirty casuals playing it now that its a steam game and not before when it was a steam mod /rant
Lol that is not a bad thing, more people playing means the game will live longer :P

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 06:54:12 am »

Annoying because they are to busy team killing you because they don't realize the swing of the sword hits everyone?

I have played the "extended demo" version and I love this game to death. I am curious though...is the leveling/unlock system any good? I am on the fence about buying it...worried it will be one of those games where I buy it, play it for a few days, and never pick it up again due to lack of progressive content (new maps, new good weapons, rank perks etc)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:56:02 am by dennislp3 »

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 07:40:30 am »

Annoying because they are to busy team killing you because they don't realize the swing of the sword hits everyone?

I have played the "extended demo" version and I love this game to death. I am curious though...is the leveling/unlock system any good? I am on the fence about buying it...worried it will be one of those games where I buy it, play it for a few days, and never pick it up again due to lack of progressive content (new maps, new good weapons, rank perks etc)

Depends on what you like in games. I played Age of Chivalry (C:MW is basicly like Age of Chivalry 2) for 500hours+ and AoC did not have any unlocks or rank perks.
C:MW has no rank perks, you can unlock weapons that are still fairly well balanced against their tier one counterparts. Other than that I can tell you C:MW doesn't have a perk system like CoD if that is what you are looking for.

Overall personally I predict that I will play C:MW as long as AoC if not longer, so if you are like me you will probably get a lot of hours out of it too.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 09:30:38 am »

I don't suppose someone knows how to turn off the chat screen?  As much as I love hearing racial and sexual slurs over and over and over again  :-\, sometimes it kind of ruins immersion.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2012, 09:43:17 am »

I don't suppose someone knows how to turn off the chat screen?  As much as I love hearing racial and sexual slurs over and over and over again  :-\, sometimes it kind of ruins immersion.

What servers are you playing in? I've been sticking mostly to official servers and everyone there has been friendly, if somewhat eccentric :P

Also, does anyone know how to disable the stupid console? Every time I press the ' key while talking it comes up and breaks everything, damnit.

Also also, the war hammer is so ridiculously short.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 10:38:44 am »

Official ones so far.  Maybe I'm just unlucky. 

Edit:  Oh, and I have some other questions!

1)  At the website it shows a bunch of polearms, but I only seem to have 3 in my list of unlockables.  Is there a trick to getting at the other ones?

2)  I get a sword or axe as a sidearm, but I'm not sure when I need to use it?  My polearm seems to work fine on everything so far.

3)  People keep trying to punch me for some reason.  I generally just stab them to death and move on, but I was wondering if they are just using fists for fun or is it to unlock something?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:01:48 am by Levi »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 12:33:55 pm »

3)  People keep trying to punch me for some reason.  I generally just stab them to death and move on, but I was wondering if they are just using fists for fun or is it to unlock something?

Pft means they wanna fight like a man...fists only XD

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »

Press 4 to be a mans

There are 2 kinds of polearms. Pole axes and spears. Use the bardiche to unlock more poleaxes and use the spear to unlock the other thrusting weapons.

Sidearm is useful in tight quarters when larger weapons might get stuck on obstacles, plus they're faster for fighting those goddamn men at arms.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2012, 05:21:42 pm »

Hmm, okay!  I suppose that all makes sense.  I think I'll keep using the spears and keep stabbing the guys who bring fists to a stabby weapon fight.   :P

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2012, 05:24:43 pm »

Oh, that reminds me. It's kinda glitch but you can actually get more detail on weapons by clicking the button in the bottom left of the loadout. Most of the weapon's overheads do more damage. The spear's overhead and stab are both stabs, but the overhead does more damage so there's almost no reason to go with the weaker stab.

Also, you can unlock the third tier weapon by using the first tier weapon. I never touched the battle fork and I still got the spetum or whatever it was called.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2012, 04:58:30 am »

Played a little bit today and honestly I feel kind of meh. There are some gripes I have with it. Weapon swapping seems a bit, weird, some times. For some reason I won't always switch my weapon even though I press the button. Having attacks on the scroll weel is one of the silliest mechanics I have ever seen, those things are getting rebound ASAP.
There really... really... REALLY needs to be a votekick/ban/punishment system. How in the 12 kobolds they did not anticipate the blatant team killing (not just accidental) is beyond me.
I have been on the lookout for a nice melee multiplayer game for some time (Mount & Blade didn't really tickle my fancy for the melee system, and from what I can see neither would WotR since it seems to be using roughly the same system.) and though this is moderately fun it just does not seem polished enough.
The movement feels clunky like a source mod, which I believe this was based on, in fact this version feels more like a mod than a full game in my opinion.

It gets major bonus points for the slaughtering of filthy peasants though.

All in all, I will probably have some fun with it for a few hours more but unless the game recieves some more polish in an expansion or whatever, and a votekick or similar system I do not believe I will still be playing a week from now.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2012, 07:13:12 am »

2)  I get a sword or axe as a sidearm, but I'm not sure when I need to use it?  My polearm seems to work fine on everything so far.
They tend to be faster, and shorter reach. As far as I can tell they're for use in tight quarters since swinging a polearm about in a narrow corridor wont get you anywhere (if it hits a wall it interrupts your attack) and you're also less likely to murder your entire time swinging a hand axe than a bardiche. At least, that's how I use them.

Yeah, I've seen it a fair bit. It seems that "fisting" someone is a show of skill, that they can take you down unarmed. It's a hilarious challenge, but doesn't unlock anything :)

There really... really... REALLY needs to be a votekick/ban/punishment system.

Do your research, there is a votekick and a kickban system. Press ' to open the console, then type /votekick [whoever].
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5