Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. A FPS Medieval combat game  (Read 12550 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. A FPS Medieval combat game
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2012, 07:14:16 am »

I have been really enjoying this. Favorite role is knight and then just tank with a sword.

While i was playing someone criticized me for not parrying much ?! what the hell i was on top of the leader board as well.

and i had been taken down a few times but one guy fighting with fists  :-[
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2012, 08:18:06 am »

I have been really enjoying this. Favorite role is knight and then just tank with a sword.

While i was playing someone criticized me for not parrying much ?! what the hell i was on top of the leader board as well.

and i had been taken down a few times but one guy fighting with fists  :-[

Probably someone who was mad cause he was getting pwned and couldn't parry...I have seen people rage at people that kick as well.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2012, 09:06:25 am »

Yeah it's stupid, I mean I took down 4 people at once at one point. Not once did I block or party I was not even wielding a shield that must take much more skill than Perrying I was simply moving about and just Slashing as much as I could.

Personally I prefer to play the Berserker and run in and dodge and simple hack and slash. Brute force and Ignorance!.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 09:36:37 am »

As for me, i can't play this game, I've probably played too much M&B to learn another fighting system.
At the top of my Warband gaming days I could keep up with M&B clan gamers (at the cost of sinking hundreds of hours into training), and I have neither the time nor the power to learn another fighting system. Too bad, other than, this game is great, I will give another try tomorrow, but I can't play games in which I'm not in the upper half of score list.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:16:17 am by kulik »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2012, 09:49:38 am »

There are some gripes I have with it. Weapon swapping seems a bit, weird, some times. For some reason I won't always switch my weapon even though I press the button.
The problem is if you accidentally hit keys or keep mashing a key in hopes that it will actually do what you want it to do will actually que up actions most of the time. I've had times where I will kick twice in a row, or block when I don't want to. Changing weapons is needlessly difficult I feel, you need to be able to swap as quickly as possible to deal with different situations and right now the game just says 'no.'

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2012, 07:37:10 pm »

Some people are strange on this game, I had people complaining that they can't beat a knight in a 1vs1 melee as an archer...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2012, 09:38:34 pm »

Thats totally doable if your good at blocking...I do it at least 1 time every time I play an archer...You have a huge speed advantage as an archer (especially with the dagger)...so....they just need to get better

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2012, 01:28:39 am »

Thats totally doable if your good at blocking...I do it at least 1 time every time I play an archer...You have a huge speed advantage as an archer (especially with the dagger)...so....they just need to get better
Yeah I know you can do it if you are skilled enough but they act as if archers should behave like a regular melee class.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:38:21 am by bluephoenix »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2012, 12:09:01 am »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2012, 01:47:02 am »

Ok

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2012, 04:12:23 pm »

I ran around as an Agathian Knight screaming "You're most welcome!" while smashing people's heads in. It was the best day ever.

I've changed my opinion on this game from my initial reaction. It's still lacking in some respects, but once you get used to fighting it's a blast. I've dumped 44 hours into it so far. It's definitely worth the money.

Criken, nooo!

That sums up Chivalry very well, actually.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 04:41:07 pm »

Criken, nooo!
dear god the ballista(s?) in the game are hilarious to watch!
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

alexispao

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 08:03:22 pm »

I ran around as an Agathian Knight screaming "You're most welcome!" while smashing people's heads in. It was the best day ever.

I've changed my opinion on this game from my initial reaction. It's still lacking in some respects, but once you get used to fighting it's a blast. I've dumped 44 hours into it so far. It's definitely worth the money.

Criken, nooo!

Dude you are in a youtube video!

I laughed my ass off at that!

Check it out:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KAcWHkL0sU&feature=plcp

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 08:31:21 pm »

How is the community aspect? People respectful, overcompetative, abusive?

How seriously do they take the game? how casually?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 08:55:08 pm »

Criken, nooo!

Dude you are in a youtube video!

I laughed my ass off at that!

Check it out:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KAcWHkL0sU&feature=plcp

I really want to get this game now.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5