Modern day
- 2 (5.6%)
20 mins into the future/Bleeding Edge
- 18 (50%)
Something else... (Suggest it)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Mercenary. A potential game. Chosen Infantry with Armoured support.  (Read 9570 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

The United Nations of Earth, in an effort to instil peace for mankind, has decreed every single military disbanded. And amazingly, they all did. Unfortunately however, this put millions of soldiers out of work, and thousands of pieces of military hardware into warehouses. Also, unfortunately, the nations of Earth still wanted to gain the upper-hand over their neighbours, and without a national military, this became the job of enterprising mercenaries.

And what with all the ex-soldiers and old military gear now lying around, these mercenary groups were everywhere.

And that's about as far as I've got. I intend to design, and then run a game based on this background, but I'm not sure what aspect to do it on. I'm not going to do all of them, but I may combine similar ones together if you guys really want (e.g. tanks and infantry). Just remember, I'm a lazy ass, so the more stuff you want me to do, the more likely I am to give up on it.

The basic premise of all the games will be as follows:
Design new technology, build your ships/tanks, buy your crew/soldiers and then you'll be split into teams with the aim of shooting your opponent until they stop moving, and then a bit more. You'll get paid based on how well you perform, and then that money goes into replenishing your forces and developing new technology.

Personally, I think this would be a great game. So, vote, give ideas, suggestiony things, shoot me down in flames, whatever. Once I have a vague consensus I'll sod of for a bit and design the game if you guys want to play it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:15:33 pm by Kashyyk »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary. A potential game.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 09:56:31 am »

Yes.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 10:00:28 am »

Sounds interesting. Any particular tech level you intend on for this (Now, Bleeding Edge, Futuristic? )
Raggle Fraggle

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 10:03:04 am »

This looks good
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 10:06:47 am »

Looks neat. Tech level?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 10:07:47 am »

Regarding tech level:
Once I've got this poll sorted, I'll be putting up another one for that, I'd initially thought WW1/2 era but Riccto's suggestions work too. I'd be quite willing to let someone spend all their research on making a laser cannon whilst people are still throwing lead at each other as well.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 10:12:08 am »

But would the cannon be strong enough to make up for it? I heavily support this game. Also, I suggest modern tech level. (So we can have railguns on our battleships if we do so.)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 10:17:51 am »

A WW1/2 would actually sounds pretty cool also. Skipping down roads of mad science around the time of the great war building giant diesel powered monstrosities of steel
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 10:26:02 am »

Hell, I'm interested. I don't particularly care about the tech level at any particular rate.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 10:30:01 am »

I can has game? :D

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 10:30:20 am »

I'm interested as well.

I'd go for 20 minutes into the future as tech level. I do hope you're going to have realistic implications* of technology, since that allows me to abuse them.

*Like lasers being good at penetrating armor or fast moving targets, but utterly rubbish against anything shiny or normal infantery(Unless you go for the eyes, of course.)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 10:31:12 am »

A WW1/2 would actually sounds pretty cool also. Skipping down roads of mad science around the time of the great war building giant diesel powered monstrosities of steel
This. Starting off at early-industrial levels of military hardware would lead to much better insanity. Not least because if someone did, say, put all of their effort into weaponized lasers, we could react like "Forsooth! What devilry hath spawned yonder death-rays!?" rather than "Oh. Lasers.".  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 10:31:42 am »

This.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 10:35:42 am »

I'd join up as a tank or engineer platoon. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8