Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Graphic Mods for Mac  (Read 1308 times)

LORDDUSK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
DF Graphic Mods for Mac
« on: August 18, 2012, 09:19:10 am »

So, my friend convinced me to try this game. It looks fun, the kind of complex game I've been craving recently. However, I can't tell what the hell I'm doing when I'm playing. I tried to download a skin mod, Mayday, but couldn't get it to work. Does anyone have a working DF for Mac modded with Mayday graphics or similar that they could link for me to download?

Hopefully,
LordDusk :-X

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: DF Graphic Mods for Mac
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 09:43:47 am »

I suggest you check out the Mac Builder tool, which can easily grant you access to both graphics packs and some of the more useful tools like Dwarf Therapist without needing to go through all of the work to get them installed right.

Also, Welcome to DF! I hope that you are one of those few lucky people who decide to stick with the game past the initial tough time of learning what everything is and how to do it. If you need any help don't be afraid to check the wiki or by all means ask on the gameplay questions forum, that's what it is there for after all.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:45:40 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

LORDDUSK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 12:06:34 am »

Thank you very much, this makes it so much easier to understand what's going on. Love the Lego-man logo as well.

It's an awesome game, a pity it's all key-based. This game with a UI like the kind you find in games like AoE would make one of the most engrossing games I can imagine. Stuff like World of Warcraft wouldn't stand a chance.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 02:28:54 am »

If you were on windows I would be able to suggest that you check out the M.O.U.S.E. Fortress utility, which adds a lot of mouse functionality to the game, but sadly there are no mac versions of the script AFAIK, the ever present bane of mac users. ::)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.