Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 573939 times)

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles
« Reply #1890 on: September 28, 2013, 09:02:09 pm »

Wow I thought I was the crazy one
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: September 28, 2013, 09:31:01 pm »

Must.....resist....smartassery.....
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: September 28, 2013, 10:25:20 pm »

28th of Opal, 517
Went to fight. Found more forgotten beasts. So many forgotten beasts. They must die. They all must die. For Weri. One, a feathered scorpion named Eslul Ngopexost, was slain. Greasemunk, Spishiban, NightmareBros, Tasrak, my husband Bates, and three children, all dead in the attempt. Indricothereium dragged himself back up to the fortress on his one remaining leg and collapsed, half-dead. Sensei_shade is slowly bleeding to death in a stairwell.

And Ngoso Sumspastasost, that scaly snail... It had poisonous vapors. Killed Helgoland, Triaxx, Art, and Hunter. I had to run. Skin feels itchy. Painful. Am I rotting? Rest. Yes, rest will be good. Rest while the others avenge Weri, defend our fortress, for our god.

3rd of Obsidian, 517
ArmageddonCounselor went to the temple to strike down Gozru Azstrogem. He discovered Gozru has killed four other beasts with its extract. Then he died rather horribly.

Some went to exact retribution on Ngoso for our fallen. Ledi, Nani, Destra, and Phlum McOnBreak all returned in defeat, rotting like me and my infant daughter. They cannot be stopped. The fortress is doomed. I have failed Horrorfailed. I have failed my family. I have failed my companions. I have failed Weri. I have failed myself.

4th of Obsidian, 517
Some recruit, I knew not his name, staggered into the hospital, told us Ngoso had been slain, and collapsed, rotting, into a bed. Microblight, Deathsword, Newbunkle, Kar Puwuncobi and Jorlin are the only healthy ones now. It is all up to them to kill Gozru Azstrogem. The adversary. Slayer of gods and dwarves alike. The last forgotten beast...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:53:18 am by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: September 28, 2013, 10:54:22 pm »

Must.....resist....smartassery.....

He he true I didn't think myself through I JUST TYPE REALLY LOUD THEN HIT POST
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 28, 2013, 11:21:27 pm »

REALLY LOUD TYPING

also shit i'm alive

~responsibility~

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: September 28, 2013, 11:50:58 pm »

18th of Obsidian
Microblight, Kar Puwuncobi, Kaamen, and Deathsword went down to take out Gozru. They were even joined by a newly-recovered sensei_shade.

It wasn't enough.

They discovered that the Temple of Weri is now the Temple of Forgotten Beasts. Yes, that's right. Beasts, plural. Five of them sit there, with Gozru at the center. It is theirs, now, and they defended it - violently. All who ventured there are dead. When they were done, Gozru came up the stairs and bit off poor crippled Indricotherium's head.

None now remain in the fotress who are not confined to their beds. Nothing to do now, it seems, but wait to die.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:53:05 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: September 29, 2013, 01:41:22 am »

Well, spring has arrived. There are only nine dwarves left, all of whom have been sleeping in the hospital for most of the last month. Gozru is currently chasing animals through the fortress, and I think it's only a matter of time until either a) he finds and kills the dwarves, or b) they die of thirst.

Personally, I'm inclined to abandon at this point. What does everyone else think?

In the meantime, here's some information from the Battle of Weri (names in italics were un-dorfed dwarves):

Melbil Kelmat - Killed Opal 23rd by Ang Gusmulrusmo Xosunabesp
Litast Mimakmonon - Killed Opal 23rd by Eslul Ngopexost
Greasemunky - Killed Opal 23rd by Alece Relirafife
Rakkust Fikoddeleth - Killed Opal 24th by Eslul Ngopexost
Tasrak - Killed Opal 25th by Eslul Ngopexost
Helgoland - Killed Opal 25th by Ngoso Sumspastasost Sposnuustxu
Endok Atekthikut - Killed Opal 26th by Eslul Ngopexost
Triaxx - Killed Opal 27th by Ngoso Sumspastasost Sposnuustxu
Bates - Killed Opal 27th by Gozru Azstrogem Ozud Sodor
NightmareBros - Killed Opal 27th by Ang Gusmulrusmo Xosunabesp
Spishiban - Killed Opal 27th by Alece Relirafife
Tobul Kollek - Killed Opal 28th by Galka Eslimthacsum
Art - Killed Opal 28th by Ngoso Sumspastasost Sposnuustxu
Hunter - Killed Opal 28th by Ngoso Sumspastasost Sposnuustxu
Rimtar Kikrostakmam - Killed Obsidian 1st by Ngoso Sumspastasost Sposnuustxu
armageddonCounselor - Killed Obsidian 3rd by Gozru Azstrogem Ozud Sodor
Microblight - Killed Obsidian 6th by Gozru Azstrogem Ozud Sodor
Kar Puwuncobi - Killed Obsidian 6th by Gozru Azstrogem Ozud Sodor
sensei_shade - Killed Obsidian 7th by Gozru Azstrogem Ozud Sodor
Indricotherium - Killed Obsidian 9th by Gozru Azstrogem Ozud Sodor
Kaamen - Killed Obsidian 13th by Gozru Azstrogem Ozud Sodor
Deathsword - Killed Obsidian 18th by Gozru Azstrogem Ozud Sodor

Forgotten Beasts:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

UPDATE:
I let it keep running, and it didn't take long for them to start dying. The first dwarf died on Granite 7th, my dwarf died on Granite 17th, and by Granite 20th only Ledi and Destra remained.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:57:04 am by Dark_T_Zeratul »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 29, 2013, 02:58:54 am »

I must insist the horse be ridden until it ceases to draw breath, then kicked in the groin: they either miraculously pull through or everyone dies. And not a single dwarf short of that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 29, 2013, 03:02:41 am »

Well, I doubt that'll take long.

Death chart:

Garek Beardstone - Granite 7th
Phlum McOnBreak - Granite 8th
Tosid Adildeg - Granite 14th
Newbunkle - Granite 14th
Dark_T_Zeratul - Granite 17th
Nani - Granite 17th
Jorlin - Granite 18th
Ledi - Granite 26th
Destra - Slate 4th

It's currently Granite 26th and Ledi and Destra are still clinging stubbornly to life as the forgotten beasts pick off the stray animals.

EDIT: And that's all she wrote!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:11:52 am by Dark_T_Zeratul »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 29, 2013, 03:43:26 am »

I can't even imagine the clusterfuck (or should I say, the Horror) waiting for whoever tries to reclaim. Not to mention my zombie forgotten beast collection will probably have escaped too.

15th of Limestone, 517
Space and Gizogin left the fortress today and wound up with their heads impaled on either horn of an undead water buffalo. I've also been
Wow, Space (K. Green) was still alive? He was dwarfed on my turn, so he had to be the longest lived dwarf in the fortress by a pretty extreme margin. I like to think his last moments were when he finally decided he had to ditch this hellhole.

Edit: I stand corrected, Catalyst was the longest lived. Followed closely by ArmaggedonCounselor, Space, and Crazy (and I do mean crazy) Cat Lady Ledi, coincidentally also a year 507 veteran. Which is especially noteworthy considering that she was a member of the dreaded Horrorfailed militia, as a legendary axedwarf who had viciously murdered 35 throughout Horrorfailed history, including Megaman3321 for some reason.

So like 8 turns ago I noticed that little Jorlin was strapped to a traction bench. I checked the most recent save and he was STILL stuck to it. I think Gizogin and company tied him up and just completely forgot (or got eaten in the middle of the procedure, whatever). So yeah, Jorlin spent basically their entire childhood strapped to a table. You know what, I think I'm going to write up a post detailing all the fun facts you losers missed.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:01:57 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 29, 2013, 05:41:39 am »

Oh, the luxuries of being a happy zombie with his own condo : )
If someone reclaims and I'm still there, I demand to be fed : I
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1901 on: September 29, 2013, 07:11:18 am »

alright, i'll  commit, wheres that save?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 29, 2013, 04:20:01 pm »

Ah, I figured we'd be generating a new fort in the same world. Either way, though, here's the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8018

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: September 29, 2013, 06:35:57 pm »

Hmm, starting a new fort with brand new syndromes o' doom does sound appealing. This fort was already a reclaim. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 29, 2013, 06:54:42 pm »

I'd be willing to keep a thread updated for it.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 136