Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 574103 times)

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles
« Reply #1725 on: June 22, 2013, 08:24:32 am »

Speaking of TAD being dead, he hasn't shown up for a long damn time now... I wonder what happened.

I imagine he has just lost interest in DF during this long release cycle.  We may see him again after the next release. 

Or he was eaten by a koala.  That could be it, too.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 22, 2013, 01:13:39 pm »

It may take some time for me to complete my turn. Each in game month is taking from 1 to 2 hours to complete, not counting interruptions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Temporarily9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 22, 2013, 07:45:16 pm »

That doesn't bode well for the future.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 28, 2013, 11:46:17 pm »

Is this absence a usual occurrence?
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 29, 2013, 11:02:25 am »

Typically the fortress OP is the one who takes it upon himself to smite players who disappear without finishing their turns, and keep things moving at a steady pace. Our OP happens to be Deathsword, and you can see how quickly he's playing his turn, haha. No offense to him.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:29:48 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 29, 2013, 01:16:37 pm »

Attempting to finish this. Kind of hard when it's so horribly slow and I have little time. If I don't finish it this weekend I'll just upload the save.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 01, 2013, 08:59:06 am »

Deathsword's Log
Limestone, 15

Damn whomever made that stupid moat at the entrance. A bit of water froze there, allowing zombies to run into the fort... and dwarves to run out. We lost a few, but I managed to keep most in, some of the wolves are now co- (The rest of the logbook is unreadable from water damage)

The Save

Fort was going simply too slowly for me to be able to continue.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:03:00 pm by Deathsword »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1732 on: July 01, 2013, 08:38:52 pm »

Ugh, wow, this is exceptionally bad timing. The save barely runs on my (admitly) anmeic laptop.

I'm currently in transit and driving cross country. If you guys can wait 2-3 days, I can get this on my desktop which has more than enough horsepower to run the monster, and finish Deathsword's turn and my own.

If you can't wait that long, I'm going to have to ask to be skipped.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 02, 2013, 04:13:48 am »

Given how long most of us have taken, what's 2-3 days?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:23:34 am by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 04, 2013, 02:15:53 am »

Sign me up to a position if applicable! I've never played any succession games before so why not this one? I look forward to playing if I receive a turn and it rolls around, but if I can't that's fine, too.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 04, 2013, 11:24:37 am »

Sign me up to a position if applicable! I've never played any succession games before so why not this one? I look forward to playing if I receive a turn and it rolls around, but if I can't that's fine, too.
Added. But you may want to try the save to see if your computer can handle it when the time comes.

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 04, 2013, 04:27:13 pm »

Added. But you may want to try the save to see if your computer can handle it when the time comes.
Thanks! And I've checked the save out as an fps test as you said, and the lowest I get to is 25 for both graphical and calculation. That should be fine to play with.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1737 on: July 04, 2013, 10:00:17 pm »

So I finally made it home, and with the tweaks from dfhack such as fast-heat helping, I'm managing between 30-40 FPS so we're playable, cracked open the save and took and in-depth look, and as it stands, the aquifer is draining into the caverns, several Z levels have patterns that can only be described as "interpretative dance", and I'm getting a headache trying to figure out what is what.

I do believe Horrorfail has managed to surpass Failcannon as the most convoluted fort yet built ...

I'll get a real update written in a few hours once I finally get heads/tails of this place figured out ...
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1738 on: July 09, 2013, 12:19:42 am »

*sigh*

I find I don't have much motivation to play DF. I've managed to play for a bit, and it felt a lot like work without being "fun". I hoped that during the weekend during my down time there would be an improvement, but I'm going to ask to be skipped, and perhaps be added to the turn list a few spaces down. If I force myself to play, I won't enjoy it, and I won't be able ot write an enteraining story for you.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1739 on: July 11, 2013, 03:48:20 am »

Alright, Ill download the save and look at the fort today.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 136