Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 572936 times)

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - You Require Additional Cannons
« Reply #1560 on: April 20, 2013, 11:31:19 am »

No worries, tomorrow I should be ready to assume direct control of this madhouse.

And just because we've had so many people unable to take their turn...

C-C-C-Combo breaker!

Don't declare a Combo breaker until the combo is actually broken. You're just tempting fate.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 20, 2013, 09:17:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to take my turn. I've got stuff to deal with, but I'll still have a couple hours each day.

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 21, 2013, 12:32:29 am »

So I've downloaded the latest save I could find, but how do I make it work with graphical versions?

Whenever I try to use the save with a graphics pack or the LNP it gives me a "Missing word definition" error and exits.
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 21, 2013, 12:59:06 pm »

You could try downloading Aussie's save and try copying the raws over from before the Phoebus graphics were removed (right before my turn, ahah).
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 21, 2013, 02:11:21 pm »

Whenever I try to use the save with a graphics pack or the LNP it gives me a "Missing word definition" error and exits.

Perhaps that's 'cause of the new stuff that was added? I can't recall if bone blocks were in this iteration, but the various mythical figures that were added might cause it to choke for some reason.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #1565 on: April 21, 2013, 03:01:49 pm »

I did. Its now on stock ASCII. Prevents issues if you don't have phobeus/tilesets installed (specifically, ASCII corruption that Sinpwn mentioned (and I had the same thing happen). If you want to install a tileset, backup the hellcannon/raw/graphics folder, dump one in, then enable the tileset option in init.txt. Just remember to revert it back.
The game is modded so you can't just "swap out the raws".
It should work fine as long as you leave "descriptor_shape_battlefailed.txt", "language_sym.txt", "language_words.txt", "material_template_default.txt", "reaction_other.txt", and "reaction_adventure_new.txt" alone.

So I've downloaded the latest save I could find, but how do I make it work with graphical versions?

I've never tried the LNP, but I was able to make the Horrorfailed save work with Phoebus or Ironhand by replacing the raws (as normal for adding graphics to a save game) then re-adding the six files that arclance listed above. Thankfully, Horrorfailed isn't very heavily modded.

Be sure to back up the entire raw directory (including the graphics and objects subdirectories) and put it back the way it was afterward.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 21, 2013, 04:32:29 pm »

Or just play in ascii. >.>

Honestly, excepting the first week or so when I was adjusting to the switch from graphics to ascii, I had an easier time reading the game in ascii than in tilesets. At the bare minimum, it prevents the text from being garbled garbage.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 21, 2013, 11:55:00 pm »

It's working, thanks for the help!
I'm going to do something a bit unusual with my dorf (since I never claimed one) so please bear with me.

Journal of Greasemunky- date unknown.

Woke up in this... place today. No idea where I am or really who I am.

Apparently, I'm the overseer of this fort, if it can really be called that. Personally, I think that corpse emporium is a more fitting title for this place.

Well, time to get started I guess.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 22, 2013, 09:47:46 am »

Sign me up for a turn. Since there's been such a woeful rate of overseers skipping their turn for their own reasons, I might even get to play!

On matters that no one cares about, is my dorf even alive at this point or have they been doing what I do best, being completely unnoteworthy?

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 24, 2013, 05:24:03 pm »

Sorry guys, now just isn't going to work... if you re-add me to the end of the list that'll work (hopefully)

Still need to fix things...
So why didn't you just pass over the reins when your computer broke in the first place, instead of making us wait two weeks without saying anything?

Gah, you people make no sense! ::)

Because I may have made it through the first season smoothly but didn't want to update and then have the next guy start over the year when my desktop didn't get fixed. If I got things going smoothly I would've posted immediately and continued playing. Its not like I planned for things to go the way they did.
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: April 25, 2013, 01:51:32 am »

Journal of Greasemunky

7th Slate

Seeing as how the position of overseer is a stressful one, I've seen to it that a large residence for the overseer has been dug, I doubt I'll hold the position for more than a year. It includes a spire like structure that serves as the entrance. Other than that, not much has happened.

10th Slate

I've called the millitary to assemble, and while for the most part their training is dubious and their gear shoddy, there are a few rather impressive soldiers among them. They will be sufficient to guard the construction site of an above ground bastion.

13th Slate

Some migrants arrived, a farmer, a suturer of very little skill who was drafted into the masonry team, a beekeeper with some military skills, an enginner, yet another beekeeper this one without useful skills, a rather skilled marksdwarf, a metal crafter and a skillful suturue. Not many skills we can use.

15th Slate

The miners refuse to go outdoors and I cannot figure out why.

(It's been rather quiet lately, and though it seems that nobody is assigned to a burrow, none of the dwarves will set foot outside. How do I remove this?)

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 25, 2013, 03:10:42 am »

I believe under orders, disable Dwarfs Stay Inside.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 25, 2013, 04:19:17 am »

Huh. That's still a thing? I thought they completely removed that in .31 with the burrows feature replacing it. I would've said "check civilian alerts" but that's me.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 25, 2013, 12:00:41 pm »

Yep, the inactive alert had everybody stay underground. Thanks!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 01, 2013, 08:56:31 pm »

On to contestant #8, then?
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 136