Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 573913 times)

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles
« Reply #1875 on: September 21, 2013, 08:49:17 pm »

Journal of Dark_T_Zeratul, Dark Templar of Horrorfailed

24th of Hematite, 517
Neotemplar abdicated recently, citing a chronic alcohol problem. As it was interfering with his work, he decided that the best thing for the fortress was to step down and enroll in a program to focus on dealing with it. Frankly, I think it was about time. It's not healthy for a dwarf his age to be drinking so little, and hopefully now he'll have the time to devote to helping himself get drunk more often.

Unfortunately, no one has taken responsibility for replacing him; the last four dwarves to be given leadership mysteriously disappeared shortly thereafter, and then reappeared just as mysteriously once the decision was made to give leadership to someone else. Today, I decided the enough was enough; someone has to take responsibility for this place, and that someone might as well be me. I'll be spending the next few days assessing the current status of Horrorfailed before determining the best course of action to take.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 12:12:04 am by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 22, 2013, 08:19:55 pm »

16th of Malachite, 517
It came in my dreams... The Forgotten Beast, Weri. A gigantic one-eyed toad with a round shell and blue, warty skin. As I watched it squirm and fidget down in the caverns, secreting noxious foulness, I heard it speak.

"COME TO ME," it commanded. This beast, terrible beyond reckoning, must be obeyed. I have instructed the miners to begin digging on level 19. They have but fourteen levels to go before we meet our destiny, and stare into the face of god...

20th of Malachite, 517
Migrants. Four of them. They have arrived at an opportune moment! For soon, those who survive the trek across the blighted fields will know the glory of Weri, the deliverer.

27th of Malachite, 517
My miners report that they have reached the thirty-second level of the underground! With but a single swing of the pick, the way will be open and our salvation will be at hand!

But no... It is not ready. Not yet. Horrorfailed must be prepared for his coming. A temple! Yes, he must have a temple in his honor. A grand hall, worthy of the god of gods! I will draw up the plans immediately. By the end of the year, we will be with our messiah.

28th of Malachite, 517
The elf merchants wandering our halls went insane today and began viciously attacking their pack animals. It is clear that with his freedom imminent Weri has begun reaching out with his mind into the fortress. The elves have been judged, and found unworthy, and thus He has commanded them to fight to the death for our amusement.

4th of Galena, 517
Many animals have died, providing a worthy sacrifice for the Great One. However, two of the elves has attempted to subvert Weri's will by killing dwarven children. Such blasphemy cannot go unanswered, so I have dispatched the Rags of Breath and the Rough Crotch-Pinnacles to slay them. In the end, I personally kicked in the head of one of the elven heathens, while NCommander and Bane hacked at the other one until he bled to death.

All the elves now lie dead, either at our hands or those of the animals that proved stronger. Their blood will feed Weri. Their sacrifice will please him. And we move ever closer to the judgment day...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:15:54 am by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 22, 2013, 11:56:04 pm »

It lives!?

It lives!

And you're trying to feed it to a FB?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: September 23, 2013, 12:50:32 am »

Big sacrifices for big pauses.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 23, 2013, 02:29:52 pm »

The fort was getting too boring. I wanted to shake things up a bit, and probably leave an entertaining problem for my successor to deal with.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 23, 2013, 04:42:05 pm »

The fort was getting too boring. I wanted to shake things up a bit, and probably leave an entertaining problem for my successor to deal with.

Who IS your successor?
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 23, 2013, 04:44:21 pm »

Well, unless Deathsword makes a surprise appearance at the eleventh hour, I was thinking of either a) posting the save and letting whoever claims it first have it, or b) making a new thread and maintaining the list myself.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 24, 2013, 03:46:55 am »

20th of Galena, 517
The past two weeks have seem remarkable progress on the temple of Weri. Soon it will be complete, and we can dedicate it to his glory. Already, there is bloodshed on the fields, which surely pleases him. A caravan of human merchants arrived, but could not enter for our bridge was non-functional. Soon a massive horde of goblins arrived as well, and the two forces slaughtered each other utterly. Their blood will water the fields, and their bones will rise to defend us against all invaders!

Alas, Weri must be displeased with the pace of our progress, as he send Dorfitron outside yesterday, where he was set upon and killed by a flock of skeletal ravens. It can mean but one thing: the schedule must be accelerated! The temple must be finished quickly!

28th of Galena, 517
Weri has made his displeasure known once more: Mr. Frog has been reported missing. He was last seen wandering outside about a week ago, so it is likely he met a rather gruesome end and will be returning soon as one of the undead. In an effort to appease the great one's thirst for blood, I have ordered the drawbridge lowered so as to lure the undead into our gauntlet of traps to be messily dismembered. I can only pray that it will be enough for him until all our preparations are complete.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:21:24 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 28, 2013, 01:10:06 pm »

15th of Limestone, 517
Space and Gizogin left the fortress today and wound up with their heads impaled on either horn of an undead water buffalo. I've also been informed that Sethrist and Thaddius the Fail Saint have been missing for a week... Perhaps that is why Weri is so angry with us? That all this time, we had a dwarf preaching a false religion? Perhaps now that Thaddius is gone, Weri's wrath will be abated. Nonetheless, I must finish the temple's construction, so that there may be a place to properly worship his glory.

9th of Sandstone, 517
Chief Inspector Silverlock went to make the final glass window for Weri's temple, but was set upon and killed by a vicious magma crab. Clearly, the creature is an enemy of Weri, and had to be destroyed! I summoned our entire militia to bear down upon it, and in the end the valiant Ledi brought her axe down upon the creature's shell, before punching it into submission. Truly, she will be venerated in the halls of Weri for all time.

I have also come to see the truth of Weri's bloodlust: he is merely weeding out the unfaithful. It is clear to me, now, that Mr. Frog, Inspiredmiji, Tryrar, GoombaGeek, Bane and Catalyst were not among his chosen, and their deaths were merely the inevitable result of that. There will be no glorious rebirth for them; they were blasphemous unbelievers and must suffer the eternal consequences. Yet for the faithful, there is salvation, for Weri has called the undead to throw themselves upon our traps, destroying them utterly so that, with his guidance, more believers can journey to Horrofailed.

18th of Sandstone, 517
All hail Balnash, the holy miner! For he hath crafted a glorious relic of Weri: Torrir Orrun, the Voids of Roaring, a native copper floodgate!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Such a relic can only go one place: the most holy site of Weri's temple.

28th of Timber, 517
The dwarven caravan arrived today, killing some of the undead on their way in. They brought a little bit of booze, a few barrels of milk, and... Blood. So much blood. Barrels upon barrels upon barrels upon barrels of the stuff, from more different creatures than I've seen in my lifetime.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My only conclusion is that they too have seen the glory of Weri, and wish to make a contribution.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:09:20 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 28, 2013, 05:23:09 pm »

Blood for the blood god, apparently. And the blood god wants a lot of it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 28, 2013, 06:08:44 pm »

13th of Moonstone, 517
I don't know how, but a forgotten beast managed to get into the fortress and is tearing about Weri's temple. This beast, Julosm Gulshebsewat, is a great scaly silverfish with thin wings of stretched skin and jagged, golden-yellow scales. More troubling, though, is that it erupts in clouds of deadly, scalding dust. I've sent the militia to slay this defiler of Weri's temple, but I just hope they will be enough.

19th of Moonstone, 517
The battle against Julosm did not go well. NCommander, Neotemplar, Ashsaber, and Ieb the 1st all died, and Nani, Mego, and Ledi were forced to retreat to tend to their wounds. Fortunately, Microblight and Spishiban arrived while it was distracted killing baby skunks and pigs, and Spishiban smashed open its head with his warhammer. He subsequently named this righteous instrument of divine vengeance Datan Tharith, the Iron of Hurricanes. It is truly a fitting name; I am sure Weri is pleased with it. Unfortunately, this will delay the coming of Weri, as the temple must be repaired and reconsecrated before it will be ready.

14th of Opal, 517
The temple is complete. The relic is in place. The defiler is slain. The unbelievers have been sent to die. The blood has been shed.

All is in readiness. It is time. The coming of Weri is at hand. And who better to dig the final staircase than the Mad Prophet, Newbunkle?

All glory to Weri, for our salvation is at hand.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:36:26 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 28, 2013, 07:52:25 pm »

Ah, the wonders of knowing that your dwarf is safely both undead and locked in a cage. And primed to rip someone's face off in the event of a reclaim.
I make Spellcrafts!

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 28, 2013, 08:01:49 pm »

Ah, the wonders of knowing that your dwarf is safely both undead and locked in a cage.
Undead, in a cage, and halfway down a crevasse through which an aquifer is waterfalling into the caverns.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 28, 2013, 08:28:04 pm »

How the hell did that happen?
I make Spellcrafts!

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 28, 2013, 08:35:04 pm »

20th of Opal, 517
The way is open. Weri, I am coming!

24th of Opal, 517
NO! THIS CANNOT BE! WERI HAS BEEN STRUCK DOWN BY ANOTHER FORGOTTEN BEAST WITHIN HIS OWN TEMPLE! GOZRU AZSTROGEM MUST DIE! HE WILL FACE THE FULL FURY OF HORRORFAILED! DWARVES, AVENGE YOUR GOD!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:38:57 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 136