Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 574045 times)

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Merry Failmas
« Reply #1230 on: December 28, 2012, 01:26:14 pm »

And then our BaronCOUNT barricaded himself in the old well for whatever inane reason.
...Our count threw himself down a well?
"I'm going to plot dastardly schemes inside this well! If you don't hear from me in a month, send Kar Puwuncobi!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 28, 2012, 01:51:40 pm »

Didn't think my character would be assassinated, while the assassination attempt was rather shoddily covered up in-text. I figured he'd go out with a "ooc: oh yeah, and the count was pissing me off with his mandates so I made him pull the lever."
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 30, 2012, 04:30:17 pm »

A good fellow by the name of helf converted the archive to a PDF, for all of us open source freaks.

Enjoy.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 30, 2012, 05:35:17 pm »

I tried converting it earlier but it messed up the images (completely ignored any resizing, making them often have portions out of the page (and thus unable to be seen)). Glad to see it wasn't a problem with this one. Who is this helf? I want to congratulate him for his pdf-conversion (even if it'll be outdated quite soon).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 30, 2012, 05:53:27 pm »

Some guy who popped in the Hellcannon thread a little bit ago to give us the PDF.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 30, 2012, 07:50:10 pm »

Updated the op. Now people can choose between the pdf or the doc. The doc will always be up to date, of course.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 30, 2012, 10:55:22 pm »

If you'll post when you update the doc, I'll do my best to keep the PDF updated, also.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 30, 2012, 11:12:26 pm »

Honestly, I would have hoped to see an update to the fortress. That would have been a great birthday present :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

helf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 31, 2012, 02:00:02 am »

I tried converting it earlier but it messed up the images (completely ignored any resizing, making them often have portions out of the page (and thus unable to be seen)). Glad to see it wasn't a problem with this one. Who is this helf? I want to congratulate him for his pdf-conversion (even if it'll be outdated quite soon).

Hola :) I usually lurk. I use http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator for Windows. It is free and installs itself as a virtual printer driver.

I used the default settings for Formats -> PDF in the config except for the following changes:

Compression : Compress Color Images with JPEG-Medium, Greyscale Images with JPEG-High, Monochrome Images with CCITT Fax Compression.

After that, I just let it do it's thing. It pumps out good quality PDFs with a bit of a size shrink versus the .doc. Could *probably* raise the compression on the color images more, but a quick run through proved that it made them too grainy, especially with all the text heavy screen dumps.

I can keep updating the PDF whenever, if you all don't wanna hassle with it. Just lemme know.
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 31, 2012, 01:21:02 pm »

*shrug*

Well, it is my fault that I'm holding it up for so long, so here's for the last one this year.

As of mid-summer, FPS has dropped abruptly, being rapidly followed up by the announcement of two(!) forgotten beasts. Yeah, at once. How Fun. Humans didn't arrive yet, will probably die anyway, but I went ahead and made a somewhat big copper H right in front of the watchtower, mainly because stonesense didn't have a grim enough landscape for me. I have no idea what I wanted to achieve in that regard with said H. Strategia's corpse will probably be a good addition when she starves and zombifies, unless I got the biomes wrong and the bones won't start moving. Got two statues of murder up there in case it goes that way, so I'm covered.

What else? No, Eric isn't dead, he's got a little hideout in the well shaft and everything. If I tried to shoddily cover something up, I wouldn't be so obvious about it. I don't even know why, exactly. Mind must have blanked out at the time, think I'll be moving him back to his ridiculously huge house after I'm finished with my own ridiculously huge house next door.

Oh, and yeah. Work done with the "disable all labors, throw unskilled people unless important at the problem" program, so whoever's after me shouldn't be very surprised at the sudden influx of engravers and furnace operators. Mego's pumping out masterpiece after masterpiece, though. I'll pump out something IC when I pick up the game again, and as always, here's hoping you don't mind me being horrible at that. :3 Don't think I'm getting any better at the third installation.

oh and despite nexus being in a cage we're still getting dwarves drained of blood

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 31, 2012, 05:18:36 pm »

A new vampire? How exciting! I wonder if it was one of the migrants, or whether that little pet project succeeded despite every indication that it failed...

I wasn't trying to rush you. Don't explode, Slowpoke. :P

[edit]

And now, happyabsolutely terrifying new years, everybody!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:01:28 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 01, 2013, 04:08:25 pm »

Hola :) I usually lurk. I use http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator for Windows. It is free and installs itself as a virtual printer driver.

I used the default settings for Formats -> PDF in the config except for the following changes:

Compression : Compress Color Images with JPEG-Medium, Greyscale Images with JPEG-High, Monochrome Images with CCITT Fax Compression.

After that, I just let it do it's thing. It pumps out good quality PDFs with a bit of a size shrink versus the .doc. Could *probably* raise the compression on the color images more, but a quick run through proved that it made them too grainy, especially with all the text heavy screen dumps.

I can keep updating the PDF whenever, if you all don't wanna hassle with it. Just lemme know.

Hey look we have a new work bitch very helpful person!

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - On the Edge of Pandemonium
« Reply #1242 on: January 04, 2013, 03:33:20 pm »

OK, Christmas is over and we are a few days into 2013, beginning the long, cold, grey slog of the winter months.*  The time is right for some dwarfish misery!  And goblinish misery.  And certainly some elvish misery.

*Well, OK, not all that grey or cold.  It's 53 degrees Fahrenheit and sunny here right now. 
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 04, 2013, 05:53:34 pm »

OK, Christmas is over and we are a few days into 2013, beginning the long, cold, grey slog of the winter months.*  The time is right for some dwarfish misery!  And goblinish misery.  And certainly some elvish misery.

*Well, OK, not all that grey or cold.  It's 53 degrees Fahrenheit and sunny here right now. 
Bah, come back when you are enduring 50 degrees Celcius and we can talk about slogging.

Going to prod remind LordSlowpoke about the turn.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 06, 2013, 03:48:18 pm »

Adamantine statue cancelled due to Gizogin being Armokdamned proactive about making sure there's enough cloth for suturing, just about sabotaging the ore-to-wafer process.

They may take our freedom, but they'll never take my CLOTH!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 136