Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 572974 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #1005 on: October 25, 2012, 03:35:50 pm »

Right, found it...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 25, 2012, 10:29:07 pm »

and here we are; about three-fourths of a year (in game) later, and I've caught up. And all it took was the discontinuance of productivity and sleep! Who knew? Nice to see that I got here before my dwarf though.

Along those lines, only after requesting dorfenage did I realize the irony in asking for a soap maker, what with the circumstances. Expect demands for the production of soap very soon...

Edit: UNABLE TO PAVE OUR ENTRANCE WITH THE BONES OF OUR VICTIMS, WE MUST INSTEAD BUILD IT FROM THE SOAP OF OUR CATS!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:53:19 pm by Kirbypowered »
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 26, 2012, 01:01:12 am »

Could I be redorfed please?

Thaddeus the Fail Saint - Hammerdwarf - Fail

Thank you!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 26, 2012, 09:59:37 am »

Aye! My dwarf made something useful!
Give it to captain of guards, or to my dwarf.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 26, 2012, 01:52:55 pm »

Expect an update sometime tomorrow night: school happened, and it's not good.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 26, 2012, 09:16:23 pm »

Expect an update sometime tomorrow night: school happened, and it's not good.

Is it ever?
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 27, 2012, 12:25:43 am »

Is he talking about school or the update? 8)
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 27, 2012, 12:00:15 pm »

I wondered the same thing; of course, it could be an "and" rather than an "or."
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 27, 2012, 04:06:52 pm »

I wondered the same thing; of course, it could be an "and" rather than an "or."

The correct answer, as always, is Yes.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 27, 2012, 10:16:39 pm »

Journal of Eric, Nokimlenod, Expedition Leader/Overseer of Horrorfailed, 508-509.

Granite 1st

The last few days were awful! Forgotten beasts showed up, and many dwarves are no dead. The Overseer's term ended and there was no election, because we're all busy wiping up the mess, which means that I, as the "Expedition Leader," not even being the one to have lead the expedition to this horrid place, am appointed by default until elections can be held for the position. Obviously my first order was to start stuffin' bodies in the far corner of an empty room under the grasslands, lest they raise and wipe out the 30 of us who remain. There are many dead, and many of the dwarves think they have other things to do, so I'm more than a little bit worried. This is going to become my personal log for my time in office. I'll write more when I have time off from hauling my dead friends around. I have no idea where my wife and daughter are, and it's scaring me more than anything else so far!
I make Spellcrafts!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 27, 2012, 10:40:50 pm »

Journal of Eric, Nokimlenod, Expedition Leader/Overseer of Horrorfailed, 508-509.

Granite 1st

... I'll write more when I have time off from hauling my dead friends around. I have no idea where my wife and daughter are, and it's scaring me more than anything else so far!

Have you checked in the stomachs of the recently deceased forgotten beats? You might find something.  :P

If the threat of zombies seems really imposing you could temporarily reassign everyone to only be hauling the corpses.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 27, 2012, 11:11:06 pm »

Augh, I can never get anyone dump corpses in my forts. As in they'll just never do it, even if there's nothing else to do. Is there any surefire way to get dwarves moving corpses?

Good to see an update, anyways. Can't wait to hear about the undead dwarves taking over the fort. =)
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 27, 2012, 11:14:03 pm »

Augh, I can never get anyone dump corpses in my forts. As in they'll just never do it, even if there's nothing else to do. Is there any surefire way to get dwarves moving corpses?

Zombies.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 27, 2012, 11:52:06 pm »

All-in-all everything seems to be OK for now; only one tantrumming from all the death is Nexus, and se's in much better shape now. My dwarf is totally ecstatic, even with his family dead.

Except for you, Strategia; your ass is haunted! The howling revenant of Gizogin seeks to drive you to despair!

Speaking of Nexus, an elderly woman showed up as a migrant and I can't find the lever to control the airlock. Any assistance? Nexus can't suck her dry because the old hag can't get into the estate without being swarmed by zombies. They creeped up on her anyway. She was completely defenseless defended herself poorly with a crossbow when a giant grashopper corpse showed up and snacked on her brains
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:01:01 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 28, 2012, 01:17:26 am »

The gate controls are the three levers in larger room next to the room with the giant cave spider. Left lever controls left gate and right does the right. The middle one does... something I guess, you should probably fix that :]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:55:21 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 136