Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54033 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #765 on: November 01, 2012, 01:27:17 pm »

Kat scooted over to sit by Ethan, smiling mischievously.

"Lousy? It isn't how you tell the story, it's the content-everybody knows that. You think your old man would let a good story go to waste?" She asked, unconsciously picking up on one of Ethans stray thoughts. To her conscious self, she was just repeating a random proverb heard someplace.

"I'm sure you have a few good stories to tell, Big Guy...so lay it all out for us. For me. And feel free to embellish your own heroics, we all do it, there's no shame in it." Kat said, pouring on a bit of charm.

It was odd. Kat had the idea she wasn't going to be around for long. There was a part of her that wanted Ethan to open up to her a bit before...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 01, 2012, 06:17:01 pm »

~On the previous day~

Troy smiled and shook his head.

"Interesting story to be sure, but floating lights are just that: lights in the sky. How would you like to hear about something interesting and that really happened: A story about how I saw two armies, both sides almost completely on horseback, clash in the plains over a small mill?"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 01, 2012, 07:34:19 pm »

Hurricane didn't kill me but I'm a little burnt out from work and don't feel like figuring complicated stuff out right now.  I'll be back to this on friday at least.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 01, 2012, 10:12:28 pm »

~On the previous day~

Troy smiled and shook his head.

"Interesting story to be sure, but floating lights are just that: lights in the sky. How would you like to hear about something interesting and that really happened: A story about how I saw two armies, both sides almost completely on horseback, clash in the plains over a small mill?"

Noting Ethans reluctance, Kat turned to Troy with a smile.

"Ooh, a war story. Do tell."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 01, 2012, 10:16:42 pm »

((@Dwarmin: It was an old man, not his old man. I guess Ethan's mental fortitude screwed the message Kat got from his thoughts. :P))

"I'm sure you have a few good stories to tell, Big Guy...so lay it all out for us. For me. And feel free to embellish your own heroics, we all do it, there's no shame in it." Kat said, pouring on a bit of charm.

It was odd. Kat had the idea she wasn't going to be around for long. There was a part of her that wanted Ethan to open up to her a bit before...

Ethan was mostly oblivious to Kat throwing charm at him, although he still noted she was a bit...aggressive when she wanted something. A slight blush creeped out as Kat got a bit closer than he considered safe or proper.
"Uhhh...."

He was then saved from Kat's cat-on-rat advances by Troy right on time, sighing in relief as the girl's attention was piqued to the sock-on-head man.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 01, 2012, 10:27:31 pm »

((@Cael: More like too much interference. :P ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 01, 2012, 10:31:43 pm »

((@Cael: More like too much interference. :P ))
((Sorry about not answering Kat in time but I did have a story in mind, as poor Ethan was feeling pressured to tell one due to embarassment. Didn't have enough free time (as in consistent free time without interruptions) to write it down, though. Got home from uni and a gruesome test a pair of hours ago and my mind is still recovering and incapable of creativity.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #772 on: November 01, 2012, 10:35:16 pm »

Paprika asks, "Do you really not have any stories, Ethan?" in a low voice, curious.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 01, 2012, 10:42:31 pm »

Paprika asks, "Do you really not have any stories, Ethan?" in a low voice, curious.

Damn it. Ethan slowly turned his head to Paprika. He probably had some, but he wouldn't bet on any of them being interesting.

"As I said, not a storyteller. Also, Troy wants to tell us one of his, we should allow him to do so."
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 01, 2012, 11:01:46 pm »

Troy gave Ethan a small smile and looked at the girls.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Ethan can tell us his story when I'm done. I'm sure he's done plenty of story worthy things, right Ethan?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 01, 2012, 11:05:24 pm »

"Don't worry, I'm sure Ethan can tell us his story when I'm done. I'm sure he's done plenty of story worthy things, right Ethan?"

"...Why not, bankrobbing sockman." Ethan finally answered.

Whatever, he was going to try and remember something. All of them were boring anyway, which made it almost sure it'd be the first and last time he'd be telling them any of his stories.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 01, 2012, 11:11:11 pm »

Kat leaned over to Ethan, her head a fraction of an inch from resting on his shoulder.

"Maybe Ethan can tell us about all the girls he's been with." She said, her cats paws batting him around.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 01, 2012, 11:18:28 pm »

Kat leaned over to Ethan, her head a fraction of an inch from resting on his shoulder.

"Maybe Ethan can tell us about all the girls he's been with." She said, her cats paws batting him around.

"Eh...?"

the young man started to move his body and face away from Kat slowly, getting more flustered the closer she got. "Not my favorite subject..."
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 01, 2012, 11:33:18 pm »

"Don't look so embarrassed, we're not passing judgement here. Everybody does it. Some more than others." She said, faux-innocently.

For every minor movement Ethan made away, Kat made one imperceptible move toward him-effectively eventually sandwiching him against Paprika and herself. The perfect Trap!

She was honestly having a bit too much fun here. Ethan had made such a show of being a big, tough loner back when they met-but he was sensitive and awkward, on the inside, a Big Guy who didn't have much experience with the up close and personal. It amused her to bring out peoples true natures, since she intuitively knew a person better than they knew themselves. And Ethans nature, despite everything else, was essentially a good hearted loner who had rarely if ever opened up to anyone once he had begun wandering. At least, that's what she felt.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 02, 2012, 12:05:45 am »

((@Dwar: Almost summed up Ethan. :P))

"..." Ethan tried to contain his embarassment, making quite the face as he was trapped between the girls. It wasn't life-threatening and a part of the young man knew there wasn't a reason for him to overreact that way, but he still did so. It was hard to just try and get over it.

His face still burning, he tried to look away from Kat and found Paprika's face. He blinked and slowly moved his head forward, deciding to check for anything interesting straight ahead and away from their eyes.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57