Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54049 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #690 on: October 27, 2012, 03:45:53 pm »

"Which one do you think has a better chance of netting us a nice reward?" Ethan asks the team with a dark smile.

He turns to the mutant and waves his hand outside. "The library task depends on what we bring back, but how about the affair with the gangs? If we do manage to pull the stunt off, what is in for us?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 27, 2012, 06:00:08 pm »

"You take care of those bastards for me and the world's your oyster, my friend.  Guns, ammo, food... heck I could even get you a car if you want one."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 27, 2012, 06:11:59 pm »

"Sounds inviting. How's our schedule? Do we have enough time to take care of the library business and haul ass to spark the gang war?" Ethan asks, interesting in the generous promise of loot.

It had been some time since he got his hands on a car, to be sincere.

"And do you have any clothing or signs from one of the gangs?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 27, 2012, 07:31:24 pm »

"Well the Youngs tend to wear green including camo so I could barter you some windbreakers.  But it's probably gonna take a bit more then a couple attacks to get a real war going.  They like the status quo too much for that.
"There's no time table on either of these jobs but there is a time table on your opportunities to reunite with my caravan.  It's a lot of dangerous country to cross on your own..."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 27, 2012, 08:09:45 pm »

Ethan turns around to the team. "What do you think? Playing it safer and getting some books or are we trying to aim for the jackpot?"

The young man smiled at the prospect of getting his hands on a car...Or even on a Harley, who knew. He had already seen one of those back in his time with his group, and they were beauties.
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 27, 2012, 09:46:41 pm »

Troy scratched his nose and hrm'd thoughtfully, considering the ups and downs of both jobs carefully.

"To be fair, I could go with either one. Starting a gangwar is going to be difficult and more dangerous, but we could literally get pretty much anything we want as a reward if we pull it off. On the other hand, getting the books is both easier and somewhat safer, but the pay depends on what we bring back...

Both are pretty hard jobs, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with the easier pay of the library job. But it's up to you lot."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 28, 2012, 09:43:08 am »

Bump
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #697 on: October 28, 2012, 09:55:55 am »

(someone should act likethe leader and decide xD Equality doesn't work out to be fast.)
Paprika doesn't pay attention, or pretends not to, and scratches at the ground with a nearby stick.
Both were probably dangerous either way. If it were just herself, she would have not gone to either and declined both, because she valued her life more than a jackpot of goods.
She wondered why she isn't announcing her desire to play it safe, but doesn't act on it.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 28, 2012, 10:31:16 am »

((Neither job is a valid option, other work is available in New Langley or Camelot if you go to those place.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 28, 2012, 10:53:48 am »

((I was expecting for Dwarmin, since I expected Kat to be the group's face and leader.))

Ethan sighed at the lack of concrete answers. "Let's stick to the library one then. The rewards may be on the low side, but at the very least let's see if we can do it quick and consider our options afterwards."

"And we may find Kat's music book." he points out.
>Yes?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 28, 2012, 11:10:47 am »

Rain seems a little disappointed but reconciles herself to the idea.  "Well if we're doing it for Kat..."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 28, 2012, 11:29:19 am »

((Leader? :P I actually backed off a bit, because I thought you guys were getting annoyed at my steerage of the plot...))

Kat had remained quiet during the conversation. This part of Rains personality troubled her. They had always tried to avoid trouble in the past...but hadn't there always been something that tended to steer them to the violent jobs?

Maybe Rain wasn't so kind hearted or naive as Kat had once believed. Maybe Kat wasn't the folk hero she claimed to be. Maybe the two friends hid secrets from one another, even after all they've been through.

Things weren't so easy or simple, in the wastes.

She spoke up.

"...We're not a mercenary group, no. Not nearly armed heavy enough to raid armies of gangers, start a war-at least not without casualties. And, we're not nearly good enough friends of Langley to take that job for them off the bat.

I'd say we go for the library, as well. Finding music for my own art nonwithstanding...what rates can we expect, and what sort of literature are you looking for? The standards, I suppose-technical, medical, historical?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 28, 2012, 11:40:29 am »

Troy gives a small smirk at Rain.

"If it's comforting to know, we might have to kill a few gangers to get into the place, and maybe some more on the way out."

Deep down, he was somewhat worried for her. Her bloodlust for the gangers might put them all in a bad spot, and the less difficulties they had, the better off they were. As he thought about her reaction some more, he felt strangely sad for her, and fell silent and just looked around thoughtfully.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 28, 2012, 11:53:47 am »

"Then we're all decided." Kat said, speaking with finality.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 28, 2012, 12:38:05 pm »

"If it's comforting to know, we might have to kill a few gangers to get into the place, and maybe some more on the way out."

"It's not blood I'm after, it's justice.  If these guys at Three Corners are just sticking to their own then I've got no grudge with them.  They come at us I'll fight 'em but it won't make me happy.  But these Plasmas and Youngs... I come from Appalacia and I know these types.  They hurt people, good people and they deserve far worse then I could ever give them... I'm gonna go take a walk."  Rain departs for some fresh air.

"I'd say we go for the library, as well. Finding music for my own art nonwithstanding...what rates can we expect, and what sort of literature are you looking for? The standards, I suppose-technical, medical, historical?"

"That's what we want exactly.  Every bit of knowledge about the old will help us in making the new.

"If you lot are decided then, I'll go check on my people.  In a couple day's we'll split off from you and I'll give you instructions on where we can meet up."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57