Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54126 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2012, 10:51:38 pm »

You are inside the train, correct? As in moving along the sides of the seats, or something else?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 14, 2012, 10:53:25 pm »

((Outside the train, along the sides.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 15, 2012, 12:23:09 am »

Rain hangs a few paces back, not feeling the need to step on anyone's heels.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 17, 2012, 10:59:08 am »

~buuuump~
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 17, 2012, 03:51:51 pm »

You walk along the outside of the train.

It is dark. The sound of dripping water reaches your ears. The train is in terrible condition, suffering from generations of rust and neglect. The heady scent of salt and decay reaches your nostrils. Then you hear something. A chittering. A loud chittering. The casing of the train begins to bend as something slams against it. A bladed leg jams itself through the carapace of steel about ten feet ahead, slamming into the rock, carving it away. As it recoils, you notice the eyes, hundreds of them, embeded in it's flesh.

To set the theme

Roll initiative!

Something:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3699256/

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 17, 2012, 04:16:35 pm »

Initiative:
1d20+4 → [15,4] = (19)

Ethan's eyes narrow as he quickly raises his compound bow, staring at the creature.
"More company..."

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 17, 2012, 04:27:04 pm »

Initiative Roll
1d20+3 → [12,3] = (15)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3699281/

"Great..." Kat muttered, aiming her crossbow. This is why she had wanted everyone to be quiet.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 17, 2012, 05:23:43 pm »

In the future could Wrex just do the initiative rolls himself to speed this stuff along?  The rolls take but a moment but waiting for everyone to log on is slow.

1d20+3 → [10,3] = (13)
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 17, 2012, 10:10:28 pm »

In the future could Wrex just do the initiative rolls himself to speed this stuff along?  The rolls take but a moment but waiting for everyone to log on is slow.

1d20+3 → [10,3] = (13)

((Sure, I guess. Would doing saves where required be okay as well?))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 17, 2012, 10:16:55 pm »

Please do.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 17, 2012, 10:17:49 pm »

((I accept that deal.))
>Yes?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 17, 2012, 10:59:35 pm »

((This may be a bit off topic, but I think the best way to handle cybernetic devices would be to treat them as a power source derived from leveling, and as such the "Superspy Cybernetics" rules from Cyberscape would be used. And as such, no actual wealth needs to be used to acquire them- the cost would be entirely in feats and levels in one of the Cybernetics advanced classes. I'm not sure why I brought this up, since I don't think any of you are intrested in it, but I thought I should get it out of the way in case it came up later. Yes, my thought processes are this sporiadic.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 18, 2012, 02:51:27 am »

((I keep forgetting that we have cybernetics in this game... Could we have both options of buying the upgrades or getting them through levels and feats? I'm not sure what options we have in cybernetics, so I'm going to have to read up on them.

Also, I'm cool with letting you do our initiative and save rolls for us. Save rolls so we don't cheat accidentally and so we all know it's fair when they are rolled.))

"Back up! Back up! Get out of it's reach!" Troy yelled to both groups over the noise of the creature, backpedaling quickly.

Initiative:
1d20+4 → [8,4] = (12)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 18, 2012, 04:34:02 am »

((I keep forgetting that we have cybernetics in this game... Could we have both options of buying the upgrades or getting them through levels and feats? I'm not sure what options we have in cybernetics, so I'm going to have to read up on them.

Also, I'm cool with letting you do our initiative and save rolls for us. Save rolls so we don't cheat accidentally and so we all know it's fair when they are rolled.))

"Back up! Back up! Get out of it's reach!" Troy yelled to both groups over the noise of the creature, backpedaling quickly.

Initiative:
1d20+4 → [8,4] = (12)

((The issue with buying them is something like " how do I translate Wealth to TU's" and "How much is a skilled doctor worth" and so on and so forth. There is also the fact that getting a good limb, going by the existing price structure which they quite litterally say "Make it up as you go along", would make a good limb worth about 15~ TUs, and god knows how much a skilled Cybersurgeon would cost, although it probably wouldn't be -that- hard to find, if you were at the right place. Mostly, I feel making them story-based, as represetned by level gain, is more appropriate for the setting. Your ordinary person wpuld probably never see it, much less get his hands on it, but you -are- the heroes, and some things can be handwaved. Cybernetics are very powerful, especially in a world without many sources of magic-like power [Occultists being....less than useful?] beyond weak psionics and the odd Occultist/Spiritualist.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 20, 2012, 09:11:42 am »

In before dwarmin bump.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57