Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54133 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #330 on: September 07, 2012, 09:11:32 pm »

((If we are going by friendly fire rules, assume Kat holds her shot until the Malk is dislodged))

((I think the -4 Penalty for shooting into melee is severe enough, and represents you taking that extra care to avoid hitting a friendly. ))

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 07, 2012, 09:40:55 pm »

"Get it off him! Quick!"

Dropping his bow, Troy rushed forward drawing out a small rod. With a flick of his wrist, it extended into a baton which he swung furiously.

Melee attack (metal baton, charge):
1d20+3+2;1d6+3 → [19,3,2] = (24)

Melee damage (blunt):
1d20+3+2;1d6+3 → [4,3] = (7)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3686405/

Critical threat:
1d20+3+2 → [15,3,2] = (20) ((YES! TASTE MY FURY!!))
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3686447/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:03:06 pm by Zako »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 07, 2012, 09:45:47 pm »

((I think we got it. Hopefully my crossbow shot will be enough to finish it off if Troy didn't just do that-I think mine would hit even with the penalty to-hit

@Zako: Hey, you got a crit threat! Roll your attack again, if it hits AC, you do double damage.))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:48:41 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 07, 2012, 09:56:55 pm »

((Oh cool, I forgot about that! Do I just roll a d20, or do I add my STR and charge bonus' to the roll like I did with my attack?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 07, 2012, 09:57:54 pm »

((@Zako: Yeah, use the same attack bonus you just rolled, with all the bonuses))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 07, 2012, 10:03:51 pm »

((Crunch time baby! One broken spine and neck, coming up!))

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 08, 2012, 03:45:52 pm »

As Troy charges, his baton slams into the base of the skull of the monster, and with a loud crack, it falls over motionless, blood dribbling from it's mouth.

the coast appears to be clear. What Do you do?

There is a passage leading downards here.
There is the passage back up to the surface here
There are two malkavian corpses here.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 08, 2012, 04:05:28 pm »

"The only way forward is downwards. If there's anything here worth looting, let's save it until we've cleaned this place out." Kat said quietly.

"How are you holding up, Ethan?" She said, looking at the wounded man.

Action: Voting for Downwards!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 08, 2012, 04:29:43 pm »

Rain was all ready to charge in and help the man but the beastie was dead before she even arrived.  Oh well...
"Oooh, do you mind if I take a closer look at that?" Rain makes a face and stares at Ethan's injuries.  "I've got the bandages and some medical alcohol here if you don't mind having a seat.  Ok?  Sorry that it'll sting a little."
Rain kneels down and disinfects the wound and bandages Ethan up in a practiced manner.  She gives a satisfied smile as she views her work and finishes with the words her aunt used to use every time she'd patched someone up.  "Sorry I couldn't do anything about the face... uh- just a little joke, sorry... but besides that you're good to go."  It sounded a bit more glib when Aunt Skye said it, she didn't stick an apology in the middle.

1d4 → [4] = (4)

(The RNG has been kind to me so far.  Too bad none of the rolls have counted until this one.)

With the medical work done, Rain fell in line behind Kat, ready to press onwards.  She held a molotov ready in her right hand while holding her disc caster in the other.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 04:32:08 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 08, 2012, 05:50:22 pm »

"How are you holding up, Ethan?" She said, looking at the wounded man.

"Fine, fine." said Ethan dismissively. "Not the first monster trying to rip me to shreds and most certainly won't be the last one."

The young man grumbled a bit and resisted a little before finally taking off his shirt and jacket and allowing Rain to check and treat his wounds, the muscles of his torso already covered by some older scars.

"Thanks, thanks." he says a bit hurriedly, quickly putting his clothing back again. "And this is why I wanted to go in first. I guess we could search their corpses just in case. But anyways, we'll move out after that."

Search Roll:
1d20+2 → [8,2] = (10)

Downwards it is.

((How does the GM's Treat Injury check works? I think he said we were supposed to roll the highest hit die of the class (in my case it would be a d12) as the healing roll, but I may be mistaken.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 08, 2012, 06:04:37 pm »

((rolling a d12 is fine. I know there is no magical healing, so concessions have to be made in the name of flow and pacing. Everyone taking three weeks off after every adventure would just rape your wealth))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 08, 2012, 08:47:16 pm »

(Treat injury is a dc 15 check.  I forgot to mention that I was taking 10 on it.  It's only usable once a day per patient and only does 1d4 so it's not exactly OP.)
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 08, 2012, 08:48:55 pm »

(Treat injury is a dc 15 check.  I forgot to mention that I was taking 10 on it.  It's only usable once a day per patient and only does 1d4 so it's not exactly OP.)

(( Which is why I am 90% sure I buffed it. Biocort, Neutrad, Sporekill, and Antitox syrenges are also avalible, if at great price. Feel free to rerroll it with a d12 if you like))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 08, 2012, 09:22:35 pm »

(( Which is why I am 90% sure I buffed it. Biocort, Neutrad, Sporekill, and Antitox syrenges are also avalible, if at great price. Feel free to rerroll it with a d12 if you like))

((I won't bother to reroll.  Considering he only took 5 points of damage a 4 isn't that bad a result.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 08, 2012, 09:24:54 pm »

((If he's taking ten, I got myself enough time for a search check!))

Kat began unconsciously scoping out the room while Ethan was being patched up-looking for anything of value. In the wastes, nothing was left to chance.

Search Roll
1d20+7 → [11,7] = (18)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687642/

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57