Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54154 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2012, 11:09:35 pm »

One of the caravan dealers accepts your package of twinkies, for a flashlight, a battery, and a roll of duct tape. He was impressed by your ability to negotiate.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2012, 11:34:44 pm »

Kat makes the trade gladly. She was going to have Rain test it before buying, but she doubts the caravan trader will cheat her since she's going to be coming back with a vengeance if not happy about it.

She tapes the flashlight to the bottom of her crossbow, before going back and showing it to Rain victoriously.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 31, 2012, 01:02:15 am »

It is now about 8 in the morning. You are currently waiting for the next ferry to the mainland. You figure it could take a few hours to get to, and locate, the nest.

What do you do?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 31, 2012, 08:03:09 am »

She tapes the flashlight to the bottom of her crossbow, before going back and showing it to Rain victoriously.

Rain gives an approving nod.  "SWAT!" she says, enigmatically.

What do you do?

Rain waits by the ferry dock a bit impatiently.  She wants to get a move on already.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 31, 2012, 09:23:20 am »

Kat didn't know what a SWAT was, aside from what she did to mosquitoes.

She was bored waiting for the ferry, so she whipped out her guitar and began a cheerful sounding song for dreary mornings~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj1AesMfIf8 ~

Her lovely, lonely voice echoed over the water, inevitably drawing curious boatsmen to idle by.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2012, 11:34:18 am »

"The rest of the team seems pretty late." Ethan commented, looking around for a while before putting his headphones on and listening to music.

After some time staring at the water, he left silently only to return some minutes later, carrying both Paprika and her gear on his arms. He didn't seem much satisfied. "Well, now we are almost good to go. We are just missing that guy."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 31, 2012, 11:53:14 am »

"I've actually been here quite awhile actually."

Troy casually stepped out from a doorframe, adjusting his new leather jacket under his fatigue jacket slightly and holding something in his left hand. His leather jacket wasn't in the best of condition, it had a few sown up tears, a patch of leather here and there, but it was durable, kept the breeze out and had a lived in feel to it. He loved it, but of course he wouldn't say that. Not out loud at any rate.

"Wanted to make sure that the coast was clear for the girls. Never know around these parts."

He bowed his head and slipped a sort of a long head sock with a patch cut out for his face and ears with a floppy brimmed hat with attached to the top over his head, folding the bottom of the sock up to just under his chin. Slipping a pair of goggles around his new head attire, he made a few adjustments and turned back to the group.

"Daylight's burning, so we need to make good progress on shore. Ready to get going?"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 31, 2012, 12:14:00 pm »

"I was born ready!  Nice hat by the way.  A man walks down the street in that hat, the world knows he's not afraid of anything."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2012, 12:18:17 pm »

"I was born ready!  Nice hat by the way.  A man walks down the street in that hat, the world knows he's not afraid of anything."

"I think it makes him look very cunning!" Kat chirped brightly.

She smiled and nodded to Troy, and motioned across the water, setting her guitar aside in it's case and snapping i shit.

"Don't favor a swim through yonder waters, so we're all waiting for the ferry."

She thought a moment, then stood up, walking over to him.

"Also, glad you're already on duty, but you and I haven't exactly discussed payment." She left out mention of Rain-if Kat had to pay'for protection (the term was a big vague to her, since she had never dealt in hard currency like a few people in the more ordered territories did), she'd decided to be the one doing it for the both of them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2012, 12:22:10 pm »

Staring at the water, Ethan repressed a smirk. Sure.

He shifted Paprika's weight for a while with one arm before scrounging up a black cowboy hat from the side of his backpack and putting it on. Unfortunately, he had no eyewear but at least was used enough to the sun and the brim of the hat would probably be enough.
"Well, we'll have enough shadow once we're inside their cave."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:26:22 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2012, 01:49:35 pm »

Troy smiled at the hat remarks.

"Your right about the cunning part. It's made after the hats that the nomads of the desert wear. Made specifically for travelling through dust and sand storms, and even does alright in snow storms."

He turned to face Kat and nodded.

"Well, since we got time, I suppose we can talk a few things out.

I'll tell you right now: I accept payment in gear, bullets, food or useful information. My rates vary depending on the job and how much you can afford, but I usually charge on distance travelled. For jobs like the one that we are doing, I just take my fair share of the payment or loot, and that cuts down or takes care of the distance charge depending on how much I get. If you are nice enough and pay me favors, that will reduce your charge and I'll owe you one to boot. I also charge fair and honest rates, which is better than most can offer, I can tell you that.

I have rules which I follow, and if you don't like them or want me to break them, I can refuse the job and that will be the end of it. They're pretty simple: I don't do slavery, I don't kill good people without a good reason, I expect complete and total honesty from both of you where the job is concerned and I'll do the same for you and if you try anything on me, I'll leave you in the wastes to fend for yourselves. In return for following these rules I'll look after both of you as best as I possibly can which includes finding food and water in the wastes, finding shelter at night and from weather, protection from critters and unsavoury types and complete loyalty within my rules. If you both get kidnapped by slavers or something, I'll come looking for as long as I can, but if only one gets taken than I'll do what's best for the both of you as the situation demands unless told otherwise with a raise in my fee for the risk. If one of you doesn't make it to the end of the job, I return half my fee as compensation."

He pauses to let it sink in before talking again.

"That's about the skinny of it. If you have problems or questions, say so right now."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2012, 05:48:19 pm »

"That sounds about right. Whatever all that really means out in the wastes. Rules and Rates aren't so hard and fast out there, as I'm sure you know." She said, looking back over the water. Kat hadn't traveled with someone so mercenary before-and she wasn't sure they could trust him...

She thought about it. So far, Kat didn't particularly like Troy, much. The Wastes seemed to have sucked some of the vitality from him, some of his life energy. Or maybe it was all part of the act, playing the Professional, so he could impress people. She didn't know. Maybe he'd lighten up on the trail.

In any case, Hopefully he'd get them down South safe, and they could part ways peaceably. Though, if he kept up the cold shoulder act all the way to the Gulf, that day really couldn't come soon enough.

((@Zako: Btw. If you didn't know, my character is unconsciously able to Mind Read/Feel Emotions. You can do the emotions he might be feeling now in an fashion if there's something Troy wouldn't say RP wise.

Same goes for everyone!))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2012, 07:10:14 pm »

The strong, merciless wasteland sun beams into Paprika's closed eyes, and hand-delivers an wake-up call to her sensory system. She makes some sort of "I don't wanna wake up now" type of noise and stirred. A moment later, she realized that she was not on solid ground, and was, in fact, being carried by someone. She fumbled in her vest for a knife and also opened her eyes.

"Uh... good morning!"

She meekly takes her hand out of the vest again and smiles a big smile that hopefully will hide the fact that she almost stabbed Ethan for no reason.

"It's a nice day to do stuff!"

And it was.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2012, 07:13:50 pm »

"Nice to see you awake." Ethan says and smiles warmly...Only to drop her on the ground immediately afterwards.

"Stop being lazy." he says, staring at her.
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2012, 07:20:08 pm »

Paprika rolled to the side and got up in one smooth action, looking not at all surprised nor disgruntled by Ethan's greeting.

"You look nice when you smile~" she comments offhandedly and picks up her pack from where it fell to the ground. "Poor pack, you didn't have tumbling skills like your owner did. Maybe I should make you a tumbling pack." She pats her pack and dons it.

"You look like a house robber!" she says to Troy.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57