Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54036 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #750 on: October 30, 2012, 05:19:46 pm »

The big guy finishes stripping down to the waist and walks over to Kat.  His chest is just as tanned, muscled and hairless as the rest of him but there are small tattoos on his pecs.  Some sort of tally... looks like it's up in the 40s.  He speaks up in a slow pace, in a voice that speaks in a definitive, clipped tone.
"Look, let's stop beating around the bush here.  Bare knuckle boxing.  Your crew picks it's best fighter.  Our crew picks our best fighter, me.  I beat you and you aren't allowed to go bitching around to the other gangs about how we didn't treat you fair.  We're giving you a fair shot right here, right now.  You back down now and you got no right to go fucking with the 77s."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:38:19 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 30, 2012, 05:34:47 pm »

((OOC: I don't understand what he means here. Are we fist fighting instead of normal fighting? Or to go through their territory unmolested? Why are they challenging us?

*Dwarmin is Confused*))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 30, 2012, 05:38:04 pm »

((Whoops, yes, I'll edit to make that clear.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 30, 2012, 06:03:27 pm »

((Uh, as cinematic as that sounds, none of us have the feats for that-most of us would be doing 1d3 flat damage and provoking AoO's every round. It would be pretty one sided.

Is that intended? Or will this be with special circumstances?

Sorry if I'm pestering. I'm a bit tired and the 180 of the conversation took my by complete surprise.

Also, I'm paranoid enough to think this is just an excuse to give them time to summon a ganger army to deal with the 'Real Tough Crew'. Consisting of a mutant klutz, a sad engineer, a girl with a guitar, and two guys who can actually fight.

Addm. Is Paprika actually a Mutant? Or just really weird? :I))

"What's the stakes for this-passage and hospitality through your territory? We're not interested in Gang Politics-we're just here on our own business." Kat asked.

It had been awhile since she had done fist based diplomacy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:07:52 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 30, 2012, 06:41:14 pm »

((In these moments, Ethan lacking Brawl really hurts, although it's the next feat in my list.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 30, 2012, 07:20:03 pm »

((The 180 in the conversation as you put it was me trying to come up with something to represent you not completely bombing the diplomacy roll but still having a pretty mediocre result.  You could still negotiate for better terms though.))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:21:41 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 30, 2012, 09:57:54 pm »

((So we've gone from getting shot to bits, to having Ethan getting the shit beat out of him to let us through? Well, it's an improvement, at least we won't all die...

Maybe you should try to organise a 'last for 3 rounds in a fight against me' kind of thing?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 30, 2012, 10:12:15 pm »

((Ethan getting the crap kicked out of him still isn't too nice a prospect. I think Kat should keep trying to get a better deal.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 31, 2012, 01:26:10 am »

((Could Ethan burn an action point to get an 'eye of the tiger' moment and get the benefits of the Brawl Feat for just this battle, maybe? Otherwise, Ethan will lose any normal fist fight, so whats the point of any of it?

Frankly, I'm a bit frustrated at this point, which is why it's being taken OOC. We can't fight or run or talk, so we have to do...something else...I don't even know what you guys mean by better deal. I don't even know what I'm still negotiating for-my goal was the cessation of hostilities, and I already did that-is this just to move through their territory, or a respect thing, or for them not to attack us?

Should I offer to play guitar for them instead? ?_?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 31, 2012, 01:38:53 am »

((Could Ethan burn an action point to get an 'eye of the tiger' moment and get the benefits of the Brawl Feat for just this battle, maybe?))
((Dwarmin, you be a genius.

Anyway, I think Kat could try to say "No fighting plox we be leaving kthnxbye" and hope for a better Diplomacy roll this time, which is what mainiac meant. If her roll fails once again, I can burn one action point and make Ethan become Rocky for a moment to take on the big guy.))
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 31, 2012, 05:36:33 am »

((I approve of the 'eye of the tiger' manouver if it will get them to leave us alone. I think we would have saved us all the trouble by just hiding and letting them walk past us or us attacking them and killing their leaders to scare them into running. I guess we could still do the second one, but Kat is at risk now...))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 31, 2012, 05:56:35 am »

((My original reasoning, somewhat poor and brought on by depressive feelings in retrospect, was that we would surely fail the team stealth roll and have to fight it out anyway. And from an IC perspective, my character will always try to avoid combat if she can, accidental or on purpose.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 31, 2012, 08:34:09 am »

((@Zako: The problem I see is that I also thought we'd all need stealth rolls and if we failed, we'd look as guilty as hell - making combat basically unavoidable. We just discovered it was easier than the thought after stealth was rolled for, no one knew it would be so damn easy - Kat has a better diplomacy modifier than our stealth bonus. Which means no one could have predicted things would work out this way. Sure, after knowing we'd hide successfully, it's easier to say/know "it would be better if we hid", but the decision that brought us down this path was very reasonable as far as I see.

Also, "killing their leaders" doesn't look very easy. The tough guys themselves must be a pain to take down, they wouldn't panic if we took down Big T and the rest of the enemies would be stabbing us to death while we tried to neutralize the big guys to prevent them from bringing their heavy weapons to bear on us.))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:35:45 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 01, 2012, 10:33:47 am »

((Aww, I hope the Hurricane didn't get Maniac...

Let's do a timewarp and RP until we start again?))

The Previous Day...

Kat led a sniffling Rain back to the campfire, where the rest of her friends were gathered. Tomorrow was the job into the gang territory...it was going to be dangerous. Something about Kat wanted to enjoy the night while it lasted.

She warmed her hands by the fire.

"I'd say we got a few hours till we turn in. How about we trade wasteland stories? Everyones got some...

...I'll go first.

This was about a month before we met you guys. Me and Rain were camping up on this little nook, in a big stone Hill-man, you could see the stars end to end, the sky was so big. It was beautiful."

Kat paused, coughing up a big of green goo-which she spit into the fire, making it flare up momentarily. The Spider poison was clearing up from her lungs, mostly due to Rains treatments. They were both worried about...other stuff. Slow Death was the worst, but most people who actually lived in the Wasteland like Kat did could endure alot of it without getting sick-an ancestors prize of surviving the sky tearing open without a bunker over their head, passed on to her.

"...so, we're just looking-and, I kid you not, we see something-flying in the sky! Like a tiny bunch of lights. At first Rain told me it was an Aeroplane, but then she said it was moving oddly. Like, real fast and up and down and backwards. From what I understand, Aeroplanes can only fly like birds.

So Rain had a different idea-she said it might be a 'Youfoe'. These 'Youfoes' are shaped like dinner plates, shiny silver like a New Canadian Union fullquarter. Supposed to be crewed by little men with grey skin, Rain says-or possibly just little men in black coats and sunglasses-and they're supposed to come from another world. Like, the word she used was...extra-terr-estial, which means not-of-the-Earth. Supposedly they sometimes land and take people up into the black with em for...bad things.

And you never see em again.

Rain told me they might even have visited from the moon, that they're might even be people or things living on the moon, in bubbles-like a fishtank, sort of-right? It could be people or who knows what-farming and learning and and loving and building things. Waiting to come back once everything has settled down. I hope it's good people, smart people who avoided the sky opening up by escaping into the black, and one day they'll come back to help us rebuild, cure the wastes...makes you wonder.

Anyway, the 'Youfoe' just sort of flies into the sky and vanishes, like it was never there-almost like it knew we was talking about it. We never did figure out what it was. What do you guys think about that? Pretty weird, huh?"

Kats version of the story was, naturally, slightly embellished-she had taken Rains somewhat scientific explanation of things and made them larger than life, being a natural tale spinner.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 01, 2012, 12:56:02 pm »

~Previous Day~

Ethan sighed. Yeah, he had already heard about those flying objects, or 'dinner plates' how some people called them. The old man who had taught him how to fly in that Cessna swore he had seen one flying by his side one day, but the young man had never seen one of those himself.
"Yeah, heard about those flying objects. It's a shame I'm a lousy storyteller, though."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57