Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54181 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 12:08:15 pm »

Anyones who interested in playing, I'll help you out...
Help me out. Me, me, pick me!
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 12:37:38 pm »

I'm rather interested in any PbP game, so I could probably use some help...
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 01:17:20 pm »

I think we're full atm, sorreh :(.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 02:48:13 pm »

Ah, no problem. Just waitlist me.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 03:09:40 pm »

Here's a character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=436289

Character description: Hidden beneath grimy clothes and a trenchcoat Rain doesn't look all that different from your typical wastelands survivor, just another tattered figure with a large pack on her back containing all her worldly possessions.  Beneath the world weary exterior is a world weary woman.  Her skin is dirty from too long without a bath, her hair has grown wild and there are dark circles underneath her eyes.  Those eyes are covered by a pair of vision correcting goggles that she seldom takes off.

Character background: Rain came from a sheltered home.  Nestled away in the mountains Badwater was a better place then most.  The people there preserved many tools of the prewar world and lived a prosperous existence compared to the outside.  They were able to fend off or bribe away any external threats for decade and enjoyed peaceful years.  Growing up Rain even received something resembling an old world education, she knows things like what the Treaty of Munich did and how to calculate an integral.  But she also learned the practical skills for surviving in a town that was entirely self reliant, she was taught to tend to machines from an early age and how to tend to sick animals.

The good times in Badwater didn't last forever.  One day a warlord showed up with an army far bigger then Badwater had ever seen and informed the citizens that he was their king now.  He militarized the place, using it's inhabitants tools and skills to make weapons for his army.  The people of Badwater chaffed under his rule but had no hope of resisting.  Some were killed while others like Rain fled during the night with whatever they could carry.

Out in the world Rain was lost.  She had never left her hometown and didn't know anything about the harsh way of the world she was in.  She had skills that few had but didn't know how to avoid getting ripped off.  For her this life was scary and miserable.

She found hope in the form of a travelling musician named Kat Lonestar.  Listening to Kat's music in a seedy drinking establishment Rain felt optimistic about the world for the first time in months.  Rain approached Kat after the show and explained her predicament.  Kat tooked Rain under her wings for a while and the two women traveled together, Kat to find those who would hear her music and Rain to find those who needed her doctoring or repairing.

Dwarming, do you mind that I tied the two characters together like this?  I figured it would be good to have them working together prior and it didn't seem out of character for Kat.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 07:22:45 pm »

@Maniac: I don't mind at all. I sort of like it. :P

I don't know if it's coincidence or me and you read too much Tvtropes, but here's Kat's background, more or less.

You mind trying the gang for us into a mutual foe that destroyed both our homes?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: added this :)

Spoiler: Rain Forester: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:38:56 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 07:36:02 pm »

No prob. My Stopgap solution was the Marauders, a loose nit coalition of various bandit clans who have agreed on a mutal ceasefire for the purposes of fun and profit. Fun and profit being torture and pillaging, respectively. I was hoping players would give me inventive bandits to use, and I was not dissapointed :P. Obviously, they won't be foes for a few levels, when a lucky shot won't immediatly take you out of the game, but they work.

EDIT: You might consider the disc shooter for a longarm. The ammunition is much cheaper than that of a proper crossbow. Less effective though.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:37:55 pm by Wrex »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 08:01:38 pm »

Diskgun would be cool even if just for the setting flavor.  I suppose I'll swap that out and use the savings to get a donkey.

Dwarmin, I like the way you describe Kat and Rain's relationship.  Kat may be younger but she's definitely the older sister of the duo.

I didn't actually base this off TV tropes.  That site is dangerous, I dare not stare into it's depths for fear that I will not escape.  It just seemed like the way to go since I wanted a character with a lot of pre-war knowledge who would still be a wanderer.

Will this start with two players?  No one else seems to have done much in the way of followup posts.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:09:03 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 08:27:56 pm »

Others are coming. I would give it a few days before anything starts :p.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 08:34:48 pm »

Aw man, I hate to wait.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 08:39:01 pm »

You guys can certainly mess around in town for awhile. Any prefrence for a starting location?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 08:52:51 pm »

@Wrex: Put us in Topeka Kansas, just to pick a randomish area.

Kat has traveled from Indiana, and Rain's city sounds like it'd be somewhere in the midwest, so it makes sense we'd meet somewhere around there

-snip snip-
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:01:42 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 08:57:25 pm »

Well going by Kat's background we wouldn't be in the Midwest because she ran away from there.  Rain's background is that she's running away Badwater, a mountain town, which I'm going to tentatively place in Maryland near the West Virginia border.  So presumably they would meet somewhere not too far from either locations like Pennsylvania.  Maybe a shantytown on the outskirts of Pittsburg?

Edit: If Kat is moving from Indianna then halfway between the two would put us in Ohio.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 09:08:49 pm »

I need. Dwarmin's. help. In. IRC.

D:
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 09:10:00 pm »

What's the IRC channel?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57