Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54190 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 12:20:21 am »

I want to mention that there is a good and perfectly usable SRD that happens to be rather legal out there. Two, actually. So... no need to condone acts of swashbuckling if your moral concepts don't allow it. :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 12:24:13 am »

I want to mention that there is a good and perfectly usable SRD that happens to be rather legal out there. Two, actually. So... no need to condone acts of swashbuckling if your moral concepts don't allow it. :3
Yeah, I'm using one of those SRDs and Dwarmin's tips for the D&D game as well. :P
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 12:29:04 am »

The problem being that quite a lot of this game uses splatbooks to function, such as the currency system.

Also, if you have a starting occupation in mind, just ask. Most thing are appropriate, even from books that on the whole, are not, such as D20 past and Urban Arcana.

Also, we are using 3.5 Psionics, none of that "uses every stat" bullcrap. Since psionics are rather weak, since the strongest power you will ever get is third level, allowing you to use your strongest mental ability score is probably not an issue. Even if you use overt Dolphin (!?) Moreau for the int boost.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 01:07:01 am »

So...we start with one level, right?

Do you forecast ammunition or partially loaded guns to be common? :s

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 01:13:15 am »

@Wrex: Can I go Charismatic Hero, with starting occupation 'Celebrity'?

I want to be a post-apocalyptic folk guitarist. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 02:13:57 am »

Sounds interesting, when do we play how do we play and any reconmendations for a new player who doesn't want to spend $9001 on a rulebook?
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 02:18:24 am »

Here, let me google that for you :3

Read carefully.

Also, legally free d20 modern SRD with all the core rules.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 02:55:19 am »

So...we start with one level, right?

Do you forecast ammunition or partially loaded guns to be common? :s

Yep, level one. If you want to be a gun bunny, I reccomend a handgun. Ammunition would be fairly common on the corpses of bandit's and the like, and there are rules for Handloading ammunition. You could also use energy weapons, since you can recharge batteries.

Celebrity works fine, and a face makes it easier to bargain with merchants on an equal footing. Plus, folk guitar! Flavour tweaks are all you need, really. I am illing to incorporate any sort of hometown or background you can think of, to a point. Lots of space in post apocalypse america, you know?

Also, those Energy weapons I promised:

Electrolaser(13 TU): This weapon uses an electric charge to harm the target, using a low power laser to create a conductive track of plasma. Although inacurate and prone to miss due to debris, it is more than capable of killing someone. Damage: 2d8 electric, Range increment: 50 feet.Semi Automatic only. Carries a clip with ten rechargeable batteries, and drains one per shot.

Hand Electogun (10 TU) A one handed version of the electrolaser. Damage 2d6 electric, range increment 30 feet, semi automatic only. Carries a clip with 5 batteries in it, draining one battery for two shots.

Maser Rifle (15 TU): A maser projects bolts of invisible (but quite noisy!) Microwave energy, Inflicting horrifc injuries form thermal transfer boiling the effected regions. Damage: 2d8 Fire. Range increment 30 Feet. Both Semi and Automatic fire are avalible. It holds twenty batteries, draining one per shot, and should be treated as an internal magazine.

Maser Pistol (12 TU) : Same as above, but with damage reduced to 2d6 fire damage, with a 20 foot range increment, with semi and 3 round burst fire avalible. It holds six batteries in a cylinder, and drains one third of a battery per shot.

More forthcoming!
This is a play by post, with dice rolls provided by the dice roller of your choice, I prefer invisible castle myself.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 03:09:20 am »

...I don't suppose we could start with level 5 or so? I think d20 Modern has the same level 1 lethalness as d20 D&D has. >.> <.< I mean... if you have +2 to Con and your class rolls d8, you could die in one shot from a 2d6 laser pistol quite easily. Or maybe a feat for extra HP, free. Or just level two or three. <.<

Anyways, I guess I'll try to make the character sheet soon. It would be nice if you collected all the rules in a short list of bullet points, or even make a new topic with more organization.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 04:19:52 am »

But lethalness is what makes a game fun!
I'd join, myself, but I already have a heap of games to keep track of. I'll ask anyway, what time/day of the week would this be?
Played via Maptools, IRC, or what?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2012, 07:29:51 am »

Play-by-post, Yoink.
This is a play by post, with dice rolls provided by the dice roller of your choice, I prefer invisible castle myself.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2012, 07:34:55 am »

Mind you, you can get by with things I may not discuss because It violates forum rules. The first...six applicants will be accepted. Anyone intrested in playing a robot should toss me a PM because designing a robot can take large amounts of forum space. 

That's a lot of players.  If you feel bad about rejecting people to keep the numbers down then I volunteer for rejection.  I very strongly suggest no more then four, although backup players are acceptable.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2012, 04:08:04 pm »

Hrm, I see your point. I Know I can handle six players, but I do see the point.

Also, I think it's time I layed out a comprehensive list for my house rules, rather than a wall o' text:

Character Creation:
An Array of 18, 16,16, 14, 12, 10 for human/moreau characters.
Robots recieve an array of 17, 15, 15, 13, 11, and 5 CHA, unless they are a bioreplicant, in which case they recieve 10 CHA.
Armature and Biomorph robots are avalible, if intrested, shoot me a PM.
Armature, Biomorph, and Biodroid characters gain skills and feats through software rather than leveling. Some software is provided at character creation. New software can be scavenged from robots, tech stores, and the like.
Strong heroes recieve a d10 hitdie, Tough a d12, and Dedicated a d8.
Mutations are avalbile. Any mutations gained at char creation must be obtained through taking drawbacks.
DDT Does not harm humans, mutated or otherwise. Moreaus, however, are effected by it. It's not that it isn't toxic to humans, it's that it is far, far more poisonous to most animal species. DDT toxicity in humans is limited to long term effects that probably won't come up in play.
Bear moreau claws should deal d8 damage, as appropriate for a large creature.

Skills:
Move silently and Hide are one skill, stealth.
Open Lock and DIsable device, ditto.
DC's for Open lock and Computer use checks are considerably lower, in general.
You do not need to know the skill or feat you are trying to encode on a piece of software.
Treat Injury may be used on someone once per day, and heals one hitdice of the largest hitdice possesed (E.G. A tough character recieves a d12 of healing, as would a tough/charismatic)

Feats: Brawl and the martial arts trees can count for each other, when required. Taking a feat form one of those trees allows you to take one from the other that you qualify for.

Items: All parts and components cost 1 TU, and weight 1 lb. This includes the new chemical components, need to craft chemicals and medicines.
Medicine grants a +5 Circumstance bonus, rather than a +2.
Mild expose to radioactive substances has no effect, such as loading irradiated debris into a dirty gun. Getting shot with it has an altogether diffrent result.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2012, 08:45:16 pm »

Like the other forumite said I have a lot of games to keep track of already.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2012, 11:58:38 am »

Bumping this with my finished sheet for reference. Maybe raising interest, who knows. :P

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=435735

Anyones who interested in playing, I'll help you out...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57