Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How would I make a Husking Reaction?  (Read 856 times)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
How would I make a Husking Reaction?
« on: August 16, 2012, 04:54:08 pm »

What would I need to do in order to make an adventure mode reaction that transforms my adventurer into a husk?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How would I make a Husking Reaction?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 05:09:25 pm »

you need an inhalable or injectable material with a husking interaction attached to it, and you need that to come into contact with a creature, either by breathing it in, or having it injected by attack. With the adventurer, going the breathing route is what you want, unless you want to turn other people into husks.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 05:46:52 pm »

So, basically make a reaction to create, say, a rock that boils in air and has an inhalable husking interaction, as opposed to a direct reaction that immediately makes me a husk?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 05:47:48 pm »

See, the only way to really do it is by boiling infectious rock with a custom, non randomly generated, material.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 06:21:17 pm »

Is there a specific token to turn somebody into a husk, or do I need to make a syndrome rock that adds enough tags to the victim to emulate husking?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 06:32:10 pm »

Husks are actually still alive: they are not dead, and cannot become ghosts until the husk is killed. As far as I know, it simply heaps a shitton of tags on the infected creature.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 08:31:44 pm »

The material doesn't need to be inhalable/injectable - if you really want to, you can just make it edible and then have your custom reaction produce a CHEESE object made of it (if the material has [EDIBLE_RAW], you'll be able to eat it just fine, even if it's an INORGANIC material).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 08:22:34 am »

Husks are actually still alive: they are not dead, and cannot become ghosts until the husk is killed. As far as I know, it simply heaps a shitton of tags on the infected creature.
Pretty much, yeah.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.