Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72769 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They got caught up in adding "cool" features like integrated twitch stuff and chrono cam they forgot to get the basic game working first.

I can see that happening, it's hard as a developer to just pound away at bugs all day.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I've never actually found a use for the chronocam. Anyone?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Isn't it just for replays?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Isn't it just for replays?
It lets you replay things during the match too I thought?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Oh, there's a thread for this game. Wonderful(I love it).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think newest addition to chrono-cam is the ability to stop the cam and start playing from there if you made a mistake, in singleplayer i mean.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Is... isn't that just a reskinned save/load feature? Or autosave, I guess?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Is... isn't that just a reskinned save/load feature? Or autosave, I guess?
Theres already a save/load though. Having two would be silly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile

Sorta, but you can drop in anywhere.

Chronocam is cool I admit.  Its probably the best replay software I have seen.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I picked up Planetary Annihilation (not Titans) free the other day. Me and GiglameshDespair had a nice match earlier today. Anyone else out there interested in playing with us?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I wouldn't mind playing a game with other people, as long as you know I'm terrible at keeping track of all the things the game has.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I wouldn't mind playing a game with other people, as long as you know I'm terrible at keeping track of all the things the game has.
Well anyone who wants to play should add me on Steam. GUNINANRUNIN

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I picked up Planetary Annihilation (not Titans) free the other day. Me and GiglameshDespair had a nice match earlier today. Anyone else out there interested in playing with us?

I would say yes seeing as I got the game for free also but... No clue if I can actually run the game. I haven't installed it yet to find out. That might be a good idea, though if not there's always more AoE 2. Which I learned that you can play multiplayer with the expansions even if you don't own the DLC. It's just that your nation selection is heavily limited between 6 or so that change from week to week. So, you know, that's an option.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

I might do. Actually bought the game much earlier for like $20 when it was on a sale. I'll add you. I'm GentlemanRaptor on Steam.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]