Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72945 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Why, didn't you scout with a couple dozens of planes in TA?  :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

That's not scouting, that's a blind bombing run.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

That's not scouting, that's a blind bombing run.
Which still scouts at the same time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

If you destroy everything you see but the enemy has things still in the dark, it's not very good -scouting- information. I mean it's effective but not technically scouting.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

It would be pretty cool to just select a dozen planes and tell them "scout this area" (unit have an ability "scout": clic on it, then clic on an area), and then they proceed to spread over said area to cover most of it. The scouted radius around the designated point depend on the number of scouts selected.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

If you destroy everything you see but the enemy has things still in the dark, it's not very good -scouting- information. I mean it's effective but not technically scouting.
Well you know for certain where the enemy no longer has things. :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Hehe, I remember a description from the MechCommander 2 game, about the Shadowcat mech. It has excellent speed and sensors for a medium 'mech, making it great for reconnaissance missions - unfortunately it tends to devalue its own recon data by destroying the very things it reports having found. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

It would be pretty cool to just select a dozen planes and tell them "scout this area" (unit have an ability "scout": clic on it, then clic on an area), and then they proceed to spread over said area to cover most of it. The scouted radius around the designated point depend on the number of scouts selected.

in zero-k (total annihilation inspired) you can select units and then drag a line and they will dispose equidistantly on that line - good enough for a scout run. you can also shift click back on your base and they will go there and back again

mass scouting is just a question of having a good interface and unit that can actually flee and skirmish effectively. you single scout only if the game is badly designed (or focused to micromanagement, as lazy developers like to say).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

It would be nice if you could set scouts to 'auto-scout' and they would head towards the oldest undiscovered area of the map, or tag along to follow enemy units at max sight range and fleet from defenses.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

You guys just missed a stream showing the playable version of the game... Pre-alpha, internal build or something.
It will be on Youtube soon, so you'll see it anyway.
Alpha scheduled for the end of may.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

You guys just missed a stream showing the playable version of the game... Pre-alpha, internal build or something.
It will be on Youtube soon, so you'll see it anyway.
Alpha scheduled for the end of may.
How was it? I couldn't be home for their broadcast time but will pick it up on youtube.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

too damn short, I'm afraid. We saw a moderate-sized tropical planet of appreciaple size (they said it's 650m diameter, about "a quarter on the editor's slider". I don't know if that mean we'll have 2600m diameter planets... It's truly a "medium" size though.)
We had the Delta commander in action, with animations and all. They built a couple buildings: energy, extractors, factories... And some air engineers and tanks. All fully textured and animated. UI is not finished, but acceptable. There was no combat, I'm afraid.
They also answered a couple questions.
Full Sig

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Yeah, it was indeed short.
Saddens me a bit, but at the very least we've got some in-engine gameplay for once.

And you know what? I am fully satisfied with how the game's looking so far.
Got me hyped a bit.

Expecting some combat in the next stream, but God know when that's gonna be.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Why wait for YouTube? You can see it directly on the Twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/uberchannel/c/2176799
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait a moment, it will be on servers, always online or?
Edit: Never mind he said it it can be played offline on the end of the video
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 04:53:54 pm by miljan »
Make love not war
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40