Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72866 times)

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile

1/3rd of the way there. In what? Two days?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

So I heard you liked penguins.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really want to start speculating on how EXACTLY the planet physics will work. I mean, how will planets, filled with (presumably) hundreds of units and buildings, impact on one another? What gets destroyed? Does the whole planet go kablooey? ARE THERE GIANT SPACE GUNS WE CAN PUT ON THE PLANETS.

I want to make a giant robot out of a bunch of asteroids and have it eat the sun. That's all I want.

I assume it will be like this:

Stationary planets with gravity wells that affect shells.
Moons (stationary or orbiting around planets)
Asteroids (can be used for mining or rigged with engines ans sent crashing like a oversized nuke)
Suns (indestructible solar colector efficiency incresed when near the sun)
Interplanetary guns/missiles (sure as hell)
Defenses against interplanetary weapons (more than sure)
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The plan is that we can freely adjust the motion of all moving bodies. (Also planets are going to have orbits, and this might effect gameplay a tad since everything seems to be compressed). Moons are also going to be moveable, and you should be able to influence orbits as well as using kinetic things.

There's going to be a sattelite layer were you can build sattelites and such, but no space battles, only ground ones.

What I hope is that we can manually set the trajectory for our moveable sattelites. I want to be able to use an asteroid to scrape the enemy base of the moon.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

On top of it looking awesome, they've got people who worked on TA and C&C: Generals? FUCK yes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I want to be able to drive a planet through an asteroid base.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I want to be able to drive a planet through an asteroid base.
Should be able to do that. Going to need a ton of engines though. (Also, you need to get said asteroid base to stand still)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone?  ;D
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

so you are fighting on planets, between palnets, and between systems all concurrently?

like, shooting from a moon artillery onto another planet, where your units are already shooting themselves out?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

so you are fighting on planets, between palnets, and between systems all concurrently?

like, shooting from a moon artillery onto another planet, where your units are already shooting themselves out?
Yes. They are planning to have matches with around 40 players possible, dispersed over a variety of planets, moons and asteroids. Also, not only things as moon artillery, but possibly using said moon as a battleship to invade another planet.

They are talking about play durations of maximum 12 or 24 hours.(Hope they add multiplayer saves).

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THIS IS AMAZING.

TAKE MY MONEY.

But seriously, no one could have summed it up better than that guy in the video who said "we're not shooting for realism, we're shooting for awesome".

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

THIS IS AMAZING.

TAKE MY MONEY.

But seriously, no one could have summed it up better than that guy in the video who said "we're not shooting for realism, we're shooting for awesome".
Which is a good thing, because realistic solar scale wars are going to be boring, interpuncted with short amounts of action. They just cut out the boring by scaling down planets and moons and cutting away a whole lot of excess space.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

THIS IS AMAZING.

TAKE MY MONEY.

Which is a good thing, because realistic solar scale wars are going to be boring, interpuncted with short amounts of action. They just cut out the boring by scaling down planets and moons and cutting away a whole lot of excess space.
"Solar System combat!"
'But space is huge!'
"We're not shooting for realism, we're shooting for awesome"

They can answer so many things with that one sentence.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm so if i build some negines in a asteroid and then add cannon encampments i get a ghetto battlecruiser right?
Now assuming guns will fire at objects on other celestial bodies...
Add planetary weapons for blowing up asteroids (seen in the "trailer") and possibly weapons mountable on asteroids to counter said weapons...
And now if i add bombardment weapons i can drop the hammer on any planet i get near (assuming i cna keep up with its firepower and smach it repeatedly from outer space.

Asteroid battleship battles!
IN SPACE!

However some non ghetto ways of space fighting imo should be possible.
Like dunno... fighters/bombers duking it out in the vastness of space (preferably actually dogfighting instead of the depressing standard of fighters standing still and blasting each other).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:20:34 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Hmm so if i build some negines in a asteroid and then add cannons i get a ghetto battlecruiser right?
Now assuming guns will fire at objects on other celestial bodies...
Add planetary weapons for blowing up asteroids (seen in the "trailer") and possibly weapons mountable on asteroids to counter said weapons...

Asteroid battleship battles!
IN SPACE!

However some non ghetto ways of space fighting imo should be possible.
Like dunno... fighters/bombers duking it out in the vastness of space (preferably actually dogfighting instead of the depressing standard of fighters standing still and blasting each other).

Ask them. Petition about it.

For now the plan is no spacecombat. Just fire a rocket, and wait for it to arrive.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40