Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72935 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

I would so be up for regular Bay12 matches!

Just think 8-12 people all trying to find the elusive Death Star type planets which are weapons, or just shit loads of asteroids with engines on them crashing into everything.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

There's ONE thing that needs to happen - regular Bay12 PA matches.
I mean, come on, you know you want it.

And given our dorven experience with annihilation and other types of Fun, it should be all the better.
Better yet! Draw up a star chart and we can battle for the stars over 2 teams. Each win/loss taking a system.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

Just wondering on the kickstarter it says rewards will be delivered by July this year does this mean they are planning to release the game for that month ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Just wondering on the kickstarter it says rewards will be delivered by July this year does this mean they are planning to release the game for that month ?
Probably that means the physical rewards, like posters and such. Don't get too excited. When the kickstarter ended they hadn't actually started on the game.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

IIRC, the game's going to be shipped Summer 2013, so I guess...
Boy, we're here for the next revolutionary RTS, I'm sure of that.

WHO NEEDS STARCRAFT?!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

It even has the potential for mods!
Let's go crazy and imagine a "mafia" (or rather "phantom", like in supcom) mod for PA:

-about 12 people, or more.
-a single star system
-A single disabled Death Star, heavily damaged.
-An incoming black hole (or whatever).

The "townies" have to rebuild the death star ASAP and gtfo (as it is the only thing able to outrun the plot black hole. Meanwhile, the baddies have to stop them. By slamming things into the death star for example... But they should be careful, as the townies outnumber them greatly. Work under cover!

Or asteroid ball. Each camp has a planet, and there is an asteroid in the middle. Both players need to go on it and try to steer it toward their ennemy's planet, while at the same time said ennemy is trying to steer the very same asteroid toward the first player planet! I'm interested to see how it goes...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy cow it has been forever since I heard anything from this game... what is happening? did the earth explode?

*checks*

False alarm people... nothing to see here yet.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

*Cracks Knuckles*. I'll be ready for the MP.  ;)

Also, I wouldn't call this the best RTS ever. They have a pretty simple unit selection (less than the amount TA offers you for one faction, to give you an example). Now, they're reasoning for this I assume is because of the scale. You can't micro special units at such a large scale. But, I'm worried gameplay will degenerate into who has more units, and positioning, tactics, distractions, and so on, won't really matter. It depends on how they implement it.

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It may be one of those games that need multiple iterations before it gets things right.

Side note: I cannot believe I spelt Iteration correctly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

You didn't spell it right the second time, that capital looks silly there :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're metal planets not Death stars  :'(
The Dread Pirate

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

It has been stated you could reactivate them.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're metal planets not Death stars  :'(

They're Death stars not metal planets  :D

See what i just did there?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

*Cracks Knuckles*. I'll be ready for the MP.  ;)

Also, I wouldn't call this the best RTS ever. They have a pretty simple unit selection (less than the amount TA offers you for one faction, to give you an example). Now, they're reasoning for this I assume is because of the scale. You can't micro special units at such a large scale. But, I'm worried gameplay will degenerate into who has more units, and positioning, tactics, distractions, and so on, won't really matter. It depends on how they implement it.

I'm hoping that less focus on individual-unit micromanaging will give way to large unit tactics. So positioning and movement would still be important, but going to a specific unit and giving it specific orders won't.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Unless that unit happens to be the commander, or a scout, you mean. Even in grand strategy with masses of units, there can always be single units that are important.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40