Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72940 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

Everyone knows that the last 24 hours of a Kickstarter result in a large bump in contributions. I am sure they will top 2mil before it is over, if not more. Hopefully Paypal will put it over 2.1. I would LOVE to see that documentary on the making of the game. Nothing like that has been done before to my knowledge.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile

I myself greatly enjoy watching the Making Of documentaries that studios put it, but its always some sort of publisher stunt to get special/collectors editions sold.  But for a studio to do it from Day 1 is pretty cool, and would probably show more than just the average 40-minutes of talk.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they are live on twitch right now:

http://de.twitch.tv/uberchannel

and answering all sorts of questions.

--------
edit:
well you missed it. (but its recorded below in the video section of their twitch chanel. or click -> http://de.twitch.tv/uberchannel/b/332077617)

but 19h left on the kickstarter clock and tomorrow they will livestream again ! (probably once its day over at the pacific coast again.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:23:46 pm by Nelia Hawk »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

$50,000 left until full orchestral score!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans

Yup, once it hit 1.94 million, I changed my backing from $20 to $50 to get the soundtrack (and the progenitor, since it was only $10 difference :))

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, I can only donate thorough paypal, and do not have any money in that account right now, so my donations still sits at $50.  and I like the look of the progenitor.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

25k to full orchestral score
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally put my $20 probably gonna hurt me in the long run cause I am short on cash but it looks too good to pass up XD

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Aand it's trickled over $2.000.000 right as I refreshed the page. Well, we got the orchestra now. How much more money would it take to hire Jeremy Soule as the composer?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

Final stretch goal achieved. We're getting a documentary.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile

It might even make $2.2m at this rate.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kickstarter over! Final score: $2,228,344. I wonder how much of that they'll actually collect.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

i think they will collect all 2m, its a amazing figure they have attained, lets just hope they do a amazing job
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Typical funding loss on Kickstarter projects is usually estimated at what, 5%? They should still remain above the 2.1M line, even before whatever PayPal donations they collected are taken into account.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Typical funding loss on Kickstarter projects is usually estimated at what, 5%? They should still remain above the 2.1M line, even before whatever PayPal donations they collected are taken into account.

You forget that some kickstarters drain their own cash on the rewards.

I remember a few that actually lost almost all their funding because they stupidly forgot how expencive certain things are.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40