Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Some tips to success?  (Read 8531 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Some tips to success?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 03:01:56 pm »

You can equip 5000 shields at once. It'll slow you down, but its probably worth it. Just "r"emove them from your backpack and you'll have them in your hand, and thus equipped.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 04:10:46 pm »

heavy things+good aim=gibs abound.

every so often you hear about some sicko stashing his kills in a coffin and chucking it at foes, or going bta on elves with a stone slab.  Even hear stories of willies and toungues being used as demented ninja stars...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mutagen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 11:30:04 pm »

Throw stuff. I prefer bolts myself, but there are more amusing types to choose from, such as small insects or the severed entrails of whoever you murdered last.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 02:21:17 pm »

Don't screw with cave-dwelling targets until you know you can kill them.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 01:00:46 pm »

If you are strong and melee always bash the lower torso makes them sick causing them to miss a turn to throwup also wrestling and knifes plus high dodge a little armor 1 swimming 1reading

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 04:28:45 pm »

If you're using a sword, hitting zombies with your shield is a much faster way to collapse them in my experience. If you're using a hammer or mace, avoiding bronze colossi might be a good idea, and don't go after them regardless of weapon type until you've got steel or better. I spent ages having my attacks with an iron sword deflect off one of those things. The only reason I won was because I had a dragon chasing me and the fire hit the colossus enough to melt it.

Also, if you kill a vampire of the same species, drinking its blood would probably be a good idea unless you have motor nerve damage, in which case you should let a were-something bite you. Then become a necromancer. Zombies are cheaper and more abundant than regular people, plus you can go into a tomb and have a chat with a mummy without it trying to maim you.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 04:10:36 pm »

Then, when you are allocating points, put as many stat points as you can into STRENGTH, TOUGHNESS, and DEXTERITY

Modding has taught me that speed is probably the single most important factor in whether a creature wins a fight. A near-invincible creature the size of the moon won't stand a chance against a creature the size of a human with an iron sword that happens to be 100 times faster than it.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 08:22:07 pm »

Then, when you are allocating points, put as many stat points as you can into STRENGTH, TOUGHNESS, and DEXTERITY

Modding has taught me that speed is probably the single most important factor in whether a creature wins a fight. A near-invincible creature the size of the moon won't stand a chance against a creature the size of a human with an iron sword that happens to be 100 times faster than it.
*Cough cough* God of War in a nutshell *cough cough*

Anyway, just be a Demigod and pour all your points into Strength, Dexterity and Endurance. (Strength helps you crush things, Dexterity to dodge, and Endurance to help with the pain if you get hit, even though if you black out, you're screwed.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 10:15:42 pm »

Agility helps most of any, so put points into that. That's what I was trying to say.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 01:08:10 pm »

Wasnt willpower ignore pain better?

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 02:36:24 pm »

You're probably right, I haven't played DF in a while.

Nice name btw

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »

Yup. I remember people thinking it was useless and dumping the stat down, only to spout confusion when their adventurer passed out from a stubbed toe :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 04:24:51 pm »

Yeah, endurance effects tiredness, I.E, how long you can fight without being over-exerted.

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 07:16:28 am »

i think the most important attributes are agility, kinestic and spatial sence, once started a dwarven outsider with superior agility, high spatial and kinestic sence and high strength and had 1800 starting speed, which is pretty damn fast
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 11:37:06 am »

train hard by:
1 weight train by filling your back pack with rocks or sand.
2 swimming
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4