Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371190 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!
« Reply #1770 on: March 04, 2013, 11:52:58 pm »

DAAAAAMN. Uhhhh well fuck Cairn runs into the dungeon chased by a gigantic army of bears snakes and wolves. (Let the traps kill them I say) finding his way back to where he was. Also Items: Lantern, Lockpicks and a Grappling Hook. The usual. (No unless you want to be really assholeish I expect those animals to be dead by the time Cairn reaches the party.)
I could fuse them all together into a supermutant bear/wolf with hundreds of snakes coming off of its skin, but fortunately for you, I'm much too lazy to actually stat that thing up.

lol that sounds awesome but it would have to be stupidly strong and would probably murder the whole party. >:3
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: March 05, 2013, 03:05:48 am »

((Bye Guys!))
R.I.P.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 05, 2013, 04:59:28 am »

Loot chunks of adventurer. Search for nondangerous exits.

you know that all you'll get from it would be steel lingerie and a steel longsword, plus whatever wasn't cut to ribbons?

and, fortunately, Valkyries cant be perma-killed. They respawn in the lap of Odin.

Make way back to tomb of horrors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: March 05, 2013, 07:52:16 am »

you know that all you'll get from it would be steel lingerie and a steel longsword, plus whatever wasn't cut to ribbons?
So? I'm going to go all NetHack and take anything not nailed down in case it eventually comes in handy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 05, 2013, 04:12:28 pm »

((I am going to kill myself, for I have lost interest in this game.))

Eat my parrot, then sword. If I still live, provoke someone into attacking me.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 05, 2013, 04:40:48 pm »

and, fortunately, Valkyries cant be perma-killed. They respawn in the lap of Odin.

Wait so the only two people who got blown up by the gem are functionally immortal?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 05, 2013, 04:41:57 pm »

Follow along with whoever's opening doors. Refuse to wear clothing.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 05, 2013, 07:53:33 pm »

I'd like to examine the decorations.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 06, 2013, 10:46:22 am »

Wait so the only two people who got blown up by the gem are functionally immortal?

It has happened before on this game. sometimes more than once.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 07, 2013, 03:09:38 pm »

Returning for some inexplicable reason to the poorly furnished deathtrap, the Valkyrie scoffs at the petty mortality of its companions before doing something... valkyrieish.

Most of their equipment is thoroughly melted, so you decide to take the chunks in case you get hungry. Besides the three doors to the north, the only other feature to the room is a giant Ebony Dais with a silver throne on it.
A stark black dais holds an obsidian thro n e
inlaid with silver and ivo ry skulls. A crown and
scepter rest upon the throne. T he crown is
golden, while the scepter has a silver end, and
one of gold.
There's also the door you came in through, but it appears to have slammed shut during all the commotion, and there is no way of opening it from this side.
Follow along with whoever's opening doors. Refuse to wear clothing.
There are two doors open right now, The right door with the sarcophagus, and the middle door, filled with martial decorations. There is also a door across from the middle door which has yet to be opened, largely because I think I forgot to mention it.

((I am going to kill myself, for I have lost interest in this game.))

Eat my parrot, then sword. If I still live, provoke someone into attacking me.
I'm fairly sure that eating your sword is sufficient to kill you, but if it isn't, we'll just say you leap into the oblivihole in the entrance hall. Bye bye.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 07, 2013, 04:53:24 pm »

OPEN THE UNOPENED DOOR, AND BEFORE LOOKING AT IT, THRUST PELVIS INTO UNEXPLORED ROOM.

Then, you know, look at what's in the room. Maybe I can find suitable pants.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 07, 2013, 06:00:02 pm »

Hm.

Cautiously touch the crown.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 07, 2013, 06:26:22 pm »

YES WE'VE REACHED THE BEST PART OF THE TOMB (at least in the original) regardless follow Tsuchigumo anywhere he goes. (no I cannot remember character names it's been far far to long to remember them.)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 07, 2013, 06:50:55 pm »

I don't even remember my name.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 07, 2013, 09:52:39 pm »

Er... Gold? I think I'm the only one in the room currently. Use !!Magic Missile!! on the door until the turn ends, I get eaten, or I can get out.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 134