Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371347 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!
« Reply #1635 on: January 28, 2013, 05:18:28 pm »

Well you would be if Usec's life didn't keep stopping him from posting.....
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: January 28, 2013, 05:59:16 pm »

Aw. That makes me feel sad.

Here's hoping that USEC's life gets less muddled and busy, for his sake and ours!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: January 29, 2013, 09:27:33 am »

Cast Bane on the Golem. Attempt to curse it with jammed rollers!

[19] You Bane the golem. Its rollers quickly jam on... uh... something. Sea-Wolf's flint and tinder, I guess. Either that or the golem's construction is exceptionally shoddy, which is also an option.

I bear down on the golem and sideswipe it

[AUTOSUCCESS] The golem is too large to get around it, so you'll just have to be content with a frontswipe. 1 damage

“ I SHALL MELT STONE! ”
Melt stone!

[19]

Bugger you.

You quickly create another fireball, but this time concentrate it's power into as small as space as possible. The intense, flaming ball of fire effortlessly burns its way through most of the the golem, spewing out of it's rear like explosive diarrhoea. Ew. 1 fire

GOLEM! DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE MY ASS!

Stab golem.

[AUTOSUCCESS] I was going to make a joke about you stabbing the golem with your ass, but it was tasteless and unfunny. Exceptionally tasteless and unfunny, that is. I did just make a poop joke. 1 damage

Without even looking up from his cheese, Razdak fires a Dumbfire Magic Missile at the golem.

[15] Razdak must be a master marksrodent, because his dumbfire magic missile manages to strike the golem right between the eyes! Mind you he wasn't exactly aiming, so maybe it's just dumb luck, but I hope not. 1 force

Compose some pirate-y one-liners, then throw something else at the golem.

"Y'arr... Uh..."

Muttering some suitably sailory one-liners underneath your breath, you search through your pack and pull out...

Ten-feet of Rope. It'll have to do.

[AUTOSUCCESS] Of course, being a Fighter Pirate, it does manage to damage the golem. Somehow. 1 damage

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Suddenly become a cousin Ned and jump into the manhole, following Wall II.
Edit: Greatly urge everybody else to follow suit.

I'm gonna continue down the hall, searching for traps and secret doors, following any turns in the passage, and only stopping when I come across traps, enemies, a branch in the path, or anything else that would seriously impede my progress(Sphere of annihilation, puzzle door, sheer drop, etc.)

Go down the manhole and explore.

Follow after Wall II.

Karnii, Wall II, Kira and Cairn all decide to go bugger the golem and have a party down in the manhole. That sounded much better in my head. Trust me.

After turning the corner in the passageway, the mini-party encounters another hallway. Exciting eh? However forty feet down the end of this hallway:

A door forged of gleaming metallic alloy with massive reinforced hinges bars passage beyond this point. Three vertical slots mar the door’s surface at waist height. Each slot is about 1 inch wide and 3 inches long.

[9 + 5] Finding no traps in the hallway with his roll, Wall II cautiously approaches the door and inspects it. The door looks like the kind of thing that could keep out an entire army if it was made of mere iron and wood, but knowing Acererak it's probably made out of something stronger and more exotic. The door itself is completely unadorned except for a couple of structural enhancements to make it even stronger, though oddly enough it lacks a handle. Odd. Anyways short of magic or some impressive feat of engineering, the only way through this door is by picking its lock. Somehow.

Count me in.
Spoiler: Kenthokk (click to show/hide)

Kenthokk the Barbarian saunters up to the entrance to the tomb, glad to finally have a dungeon that will truly test his mettle. Mind you, he completely lacks any items despite his 6 item carrying capacity, but I imagine that a quick trip to Badend would rectify this problem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Potion Coffer (click to show/hide)

Here's hoping that USEC's life gets less muddled and busy, for his sake and ours!

I hope so to.

Anyways, here's a promise: The next turn will be on Thursday or Friday. Got an interview to prepare for on Wednesday, so I'll be busy till then, but unless I'm full of shit (spoilers: I am) I get the turn out before Saturday.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: January 29, 2013, 11:58:21 am »

Collect rope and tinder, name rope 'Stonesmashers the Deadly Coil', then follow someone.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: January 29, 2013, 01:14:34 pm »

"I MELTED STONE!"
Have a hearty chuckle, follow the others, let everyone else go down passage ways first.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1640 on: January 29, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »

Go back down the corridor that the golem rolled out of and search it
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 29, 2013, 01:25:46 pm »

Follow the rest of the party, and try casting Summon Ancestral Spirits and asking them to scout beyond the door. After making a small sacrifice of coins to appease them. (Or, in more meta-gamey terms; to hopefully get a bonus to my roll. :P)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 29, 2013, 03:30:57 pm »

Razdak puts away his cheese and scurries down the golem corridor.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 29, 2013, 04:32:00 pm »

I am... unclean.
Stand around. Loiter. Take up space and resources.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 29, 2013, 05:11:40 pm »

Oh, I can get free items? Missed that.

Head back to town a bit sheepishly, procuring:
-As much rope as possible (no more than one item slot)
-A grappling hook
-A miner's pick
-A climber's kit

Once these have been obtained, return to the dungeon and examine the entrance.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 29, 2013, 05:22:21 pm »

Use Magic Missile to knock some rocks off of a nearby wall, and try to use push to make it fit the hole. Then put said rock into the hole.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 29, 2013, 05:34:11 pm »

Poke at the holes with my daggers. If I can somehow pick the door do so instead.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: January 29, 2013, 09:02:27 pm »

Oh, grab a single healing potion, THEN loiter.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:23 pm »

I start sticking things into the slots. Anything that will fit. Coins, swords, rings, particularly thin adventurers, whatever I can get my hands on.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 29, 2013, 09:23:38 pm »

Oi. Hands off the tail.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 134