Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371516 times)

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Quadruple Trouble
« Reply #1485 on: November 05, 2012, 07:46:46 pm »

I think he knows that. As far as I can see, he's just adding a trophy to his weapon.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 05, 2012, 07:53:36 pm »

Nothing like a record of kills... even if they aren't necessarily yours.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 05, 2012, 09:25:25 pm »

Walk down one of the corridors noone is checking for traps, and check for traps carefully along the whole way, tapping with the end of my pole infront of me as I walk.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 05, 2012, 09:42:27 pm »

Razdak nibbles on his Roquefort ponderously.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1489 on: November 06, 2012, 02:04:57 pm »

HEALZ!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 08, 2012, 09:33:00 pm »

If the zombies are dead Wander down the hallway looking for more traps. If they're alive do the exact same thing.

Walk down one of the corridors noone is checking for traps, and check for traps carefully along the whole way, tapping with the end of my pole infront of me as I walk.

[11 + 5] Kazard and Cairn diligently search the surrounding hallways for traps, but find nothing besides the pit one that Nikolai almost stumbled into. Oh, and the one filled with zombies of course, but that goes without saying.

heal anybody who needs healing.

HEALZ!

[AUTOSUCCESS] Malaken and Aroth quickly get to work, and bring the entire party back to full health in a couple minutes. Excellent.

"Victory is mine! ... What hit me?"
I climb out of the pit and seek healing of any sort.
Once I'm at full health, and only once I'm at full health, I search the nearby hallways for a new exit. Including the north one with the fake door, just to be sure.

You open the door on the eastern hallway, revealing... another hallway, turning south just at the edge of your vision (ie after 50 feet). Seeing nothing particularly interesting (besides the really nice masonry work), you go to check the southern hallway.

"Wow I wonder what happened then, it was obviously a trap and not any fault of any one of
us."
Follow someone who knows what they are doing

Seeing as you don't want to spend your turn staring at rogues do their thing, you go and see what Kr'zbin is doing in the southern hallway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grab whatever healing I need, after taking Sasha and slashing through one of the zombie's arms preferably the non-clone.)

Cut away the flesh and keep the upper arm bone. Fashion a grip from it, and add it to Sasha, giving me not only a newly 2-handed fancy sword I'm pretty sure came from Hell and now has added value plus dead people bits, but also the upper hand in any discussion involving fancy weaponry.

[19] I'm not 100% sure why you'd want a grip made out of a (technically) human bone, but goddamn it, you're getting one and it's going to be the snazziest thing ever. Besides adding the piece of almost blue-white piece of bone to your sword, you also crave some fancy designs in it to improve your grip and make it look even better. Admittedly the fact that it's quite cool to the touch even after being separated from the body is a bit worrying, but at least you'll never have to worry about sweaty palms again.

Razdak nibbles on his Roquefort ponderously.

You nibble on the Roquefort ponderously, as you set your vast intellect against the mysteries of the universe. Hmm... Yes...

Unfortunately your deep and almost inscrutable thoughts are interrupted by the screams of Kadvega. Ah well, at least the cheese was exquisite.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

You may yell at me for the late turn.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 08, 2012, 09:43:46 pm »

Cast Summon Ancestral Spirits and bind the resulting spirit into Kr'zbin's corpse, so I may have a minion.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 08, 2012, 09:48:06 pm »

Cast Summon Ancestral Spirits and bind the resulting spirit into Kr'zbin's corpse, so I may have a minion.

[6] Unfortunately none of your ancestors are particularly... keen on the idea. The whole idea is... Well it'd be like flaying somebody's skin off and they wander around in it, only the person has survived the flaying and is pissed about it. Or something like that.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 08, 2012, 09:57:34 pm »

I'm clearly gonna have to be a lot more specific when I say what I do, since when I speak vaguely I wind up walking straight into a trap.
Name: Wall II
Class: Rogue Trap Roomba
Weapon: 12 throwing knives
Items: Grappling hook on a rope, Lantern
I was just including it to be thorough before, but now I'm suspicious about that door to the north. I search it for traps, hidden compartments, valuables, what have you.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 08, 2012, 10:46:15 pm »

((Typing this with a f--ked up knee ligament. Sucks.))

Follow down to the new hallway by the non zombie pit by the zombie pit. Examine the nice masonry nearest the door. Praise whoever did it just incase of lingering spirits.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 08, 2012, 11:18:15 pm »

((I'm a bit lost right now, can we get a map please?))

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 08, 2012, 11:59:50 pm »

Examine the hallway around the magical spear trap for exits and other traps. (and I mean check EVERYTHING down the the last brick on the walls ceiling and floor.)
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1497 on: November 09, 2012, 12:13:04 am »

Question, why has no one yet said they stand to the side of the door and open it so they are behind it when it opens?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 09, 2012, 12:14:48 am »

In fairness, I never even said I opened the door. I said I was searching.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 09, 2012, 12:17:58 am »

Question, why has no one yet said they stand to the side of the door and open it so they are behind it when it opens?

Because that's the last spear door trap on the map, and while having everyone cringe behind doors currently amuses me greatly, I'm sure that it'll get old fast.

In fairness, I never even said I opened the door. I said I was searching.

I naturally assumed that searching meant checking behind the doors as well. After all, they could contain exits.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 134