Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371735 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Tell the Adventurers What They've Won!
« Reply #1365 on: October 25, 2012, 11:51:18 pm »

Can I have the axe that makes things catch on fire? Can I can I can I? Pleeeeease?

Anyway, as for the rest of the coffers and chests, here's an idea: We unlock, but do not open, the remaining coffers. While they're being unlocked, I and whoever wants to help can find or dig a small 2-foot-deep dirt pit outside the entrance. We can open the chests into the pit by holding the lid and letting the bottom swing open away from us, thus avoiding any traps. We can let the vipers fall into the pit, and magic any loot to the other side of the pit... and since it's soft dirt, any potions or breakable stuff shouldn't be at risk if they fall. Once all the coffers are emptied into the pit, we can magic any remaining loot out of the pit, and/or smack the vipers from range until they're not a problem, retrieve all the loot, and no one has to die (hopefully). Sound like an idea?

What do you think?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1366 on: October 26, 2012, 12:00:52 am »

I think simply having a ten foot pole with a hook on the end would let us open them up with little to no danger.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: October 26, 2012, 12:04:05 am »

I have both a ten foot pole and a grappling hook. That should work and I assume that's what you were referring to?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: October 26, 2012, 12:07:08 am »

Personally, I'm committed to the pit idea. Rope and grappling hook would just spew vipers everywhere and leave them to bite us at random.

If not a shallow dirt pit outside, then at least one of the non-spiky pits... and any involved magic-users better be pretty accurate with your magicks, lest we lose a potion or whatnot.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:10:00 am by Solifuge »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1369 on: October 26, 2012, 12:27:35 am »

They don't spew everywhere, they appear in the chest then attack whoever is in front of them then disapeer.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 26, 2012, 01:22:45 am »

I take the shiny viper statues. Score.

And now I'm going to wait until we decide how to best Rube Goldbergian these chests open with no danger.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1371 on: October 26, 2012, 01:27:09 am »

Dex [9] As you pick them up they come alive and bite you 1 Damage. Fort [3] 2 poison Damage

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 26, 2012, 04:42:58 am »

There is a nearby spike filled pit that might come of use in your pit plan. I approve of your idea!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 26, 2012, 01:32:27 pm »

Dex [9] As you pick them up they come alive and bite you 1 Damage. Fort [3] 2 poison Damage

SSSSSH. Don't give him any ideas!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1374 on: October 26, 2012, 01:39:38 pm »

This is the Tomb of Horrors. There is a 50/50 chance that if that (or something similar) doesn't happen its just to trick you into a false sense of security so next time it can TPK.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: October 26, 2012, 05:23:34 pm »

I am gonna go into the curving hallway. I keep moving until I find something interesting.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 26, 2012, 08:24:39 pm »

Put on clothing except for shirt/jacket, dig pit.
BECAUSE REAL MEN DO EVERYTHING SHIRTLESS
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 27, 2012, 01:40:57 pm »

Unlock each of the remaining locked coffers.

Can I have the axe that makes things catch on fire? Can I can I can I? Pleeeeease?

Anyway, as for the rest of the coffers and chests, here's an idea: We unlock, but do not open, the remaining coffers. While they're being unlocked, I and whoever wants to help can find or dig a small 2-foot-deep dirt pit outside the entrance. We can open the chests into the pit by holding the lid and letting the bottom swing open away from us, thus avoiding any traps. We can let the vipers fall into the pit, and magic any loot to the other side of the pit... and since it's soft dirt, any potions or breakable stuff shouldn't be at risk if they fall. Once all the coffers are emptied into the pit, we can magic any remaining loot out of the pit, and/or smack the vipers from range until they're not a problem, retrieve all the loot, and no one has to die (hopefully). Sound like an idea?

What do you think?

Put on clothing except for shirt/jacket, dig pit.
BECAUSE REAL MEN DO EVERYTHING SHIRTLESS

Under Midna's expert leadership the party systematically searches through the remaining coffers, finding 14 sapphires, 307 GP and 15 vipers. Obviously the vipers get shanked as soon as they appear, but the other treasure still needs to be divided up among the party. Oh, and this action succeeds automatically because I love the idea, not because I want the game to move forward. Nope, definitively not.

Drop everything except spellbook and wand of (minor) boils. Follow across the spiked pit.

Well technically the wand of minor boils is a weapon, so it doesn't count towards your item limit, but an empty space has never hurt anybody.

Anyways you- [4]

Sod that, I'm re-rolling.

[11] So instead of falling to your death, you make it safely across the spiked pit. Yay.

I take the shiny viper statues. Score.

You carefully place the viper statues in your pack. Seeing as they haven't come to life and attacked you, that's a good sign.

I am gonna go into the curving hallway. I keep moving until I find something interesting.

You carefully walk down the curving hallway, hammer in hand. The air drops a few degrees as you come across a staircase leading downwards. Following the set of stairs downwards reveals two hallways, intersecting each other fifty feet from the stairs. With your breath misting slightly, you head back up to tell the party what you've found.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 27, 2012, 01:55:25 pm »

Look around and wander until I find the rest of the party.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 27, 2012, 03:35:22 pm »

I want at least one of the sapphires and 50 GP, but if no one claims them i'll take a second sapphire.

oh
as for my turn
Fashion a necklace out of the dead snakes and wear it.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 134