Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371705 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Spoilers!
« Reply #1050 on: October 02, 2012, 03:01:19 pm »

I assume that the cube dissolves a lot faster when one isn't wearing much clothing.

Nikita re-wakes!
"Why do I feel so... squishy. I didn't feel like a tank before but this is craz- Oh. My last spirit has just informed me I'm a mage.

Damn it."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cast Spell of Double Weight on the gelatinous cube.
"I hope I'm not running out of spare bodies, they aren't really easy to come by...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 02, 2012, 03:13:33 pm »

He didn't say you took any damage yet, actually. I'm thinking if we blast it to death fast enough we can pull you out before you dissolve.
We might need more people though...
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 02, 2012, 03:53:23 pm »

Razdak taps Tank on the neck and points toward the direction of the vat room.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 03, 2012, 09:09:23 am »

I follow the orders on seeing the slime I put the mouse on a pieace of funiture then pull anyone getting to close to the slime away from it
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 03, 2012, 11:00:00 am »

Get back on the stairs and wait for the others to finish crossing.

You get back on the stairs and wait for the others to finish crossing, tapping your feet impatiently as you do so.

Uhhhhhhh Start hitting random things hoping to set off some sort of secret passage (or trap death would be a welcome reprieve from this place) ready to avoid whatever may try and violently murder you.

Your random bumbling sets off the spike trap. Again.

[REFLEX: 15 + 5] You somehow manage to dodge the spikes as they come shooting up.

[REFLEX: 12 + 5] Hans dodges the spikes in a surprisingly graceful manner. Mind you she's cursing your name while she does so, so the effect is ruined a bit.

[REFLEX: 1] Tank takes it like his namesake. 1 damage

I hear of free healing then I go and drink one of the potions then I mutters to Razdak thats its alright he triggered the trap he didn't know and we are all still alive there have been worse blunders (I had seen the meny remains and people who were just standing staring off into space)

You swallow one of Midna's healing potions and explode horribly. I kid, I kid. They're perfectly fine. 1 healing

Okay, I launch magic missiles at it, trying very hard to hit the cube and not Nikita II.

Nikita II is pretty much dead by now, so you can fling those magic missiles around with impunity.

[18] Your attack roasts the cube slightly. 1 damage

I throw my grappling hook at the spikes on the far end from where I entered the pit, trying to hook it on one of them.

Cursing Cairn's name, you chuck your grappling hook at the spikes at the far end of the pit.

[4] Your grappling hook fails to grab onto any spikes. Not that grappling them onto a spike would have helped you, since all the spikes that you can grapple are in the pit. The ones that keep skewering you keep on retracting. Speaking of skewering, your grappling hook has set of the spike trap once again. Lovely.

[REFLEX: 8 + 5] You easily dodge the up-coming spikes.

[REFLEX: 6 + 5] Cairn must be a spike-dodging master, because I don't think that he has ever been hit by this trap.

[REFLEX: 10] Even Tank manages to avoid the trap.

I'll head to the room with the vats.

You head into the room with the vats at the right time to see the gelatinous cube spew up the now pearly-white bones of Nikita. Eww...

Malaken retreats from the vat room in case something goes wrong with the volley of magic missiles Tarmik is about to launch.

You beat a hasty retreat out of the vat room.

Cast Spell of Double Weight on the gelatinous cube.

Nikita III (though wouldn't it be Nikolai II now that he's a man again?) comes stumbling into the room in a flash of brimstone and hellfire.

[6] Thoroughly disorientated, his spell misses the cube and hits a nearby shelf, causing it to collapse under its own weight.

I follow the orders on seeing the slime I put the mouse on a pieace of funiture then pull anyone getting to close to the slime away from it

Directed by the cute little spell-casting mouse, Tank wanders over to the vat room. Quickly surveying the room, Tank carefully places Razdak on a nearby shelf before turning to face the cube.

The gelatinous cube, having now returned to its original cube-like form, gurgles for a couple seconds before charging at Tarmik.

[20] Tank calmly reaches out with his hand and yanks Tarmik the Magnificent out of the path of the on-rushing cube.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 03, 2012, 11:19:04 am »

I feel like a damned ninja. But enough is enough.

I throw my grappling hook to one of the other adventures, and hold onto the rope, saying, "Help pull me up before we all get skewered. Again."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 03, 2012, 12:00:02 pm »

I take a swig of healing juice then repeat my action of pulling anyone the slime gets close to away from it
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 03, 2012, 01:10:49 pm »

Ah, I see. It's a Jello mold of instant death. Well, could have been worse, I could have done that.

I'd like it to go on record that if this thing kills me, my last words will be "I'm a pineapple chunk."
Right, so with that out of the way, I fall back to the hallway that leads to the spike pit and continue to launch magic missiles at the cube.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 03, 2012, 01:21:46 pm »

Alright, time for some magic.

I take the big bottle of brandy, and hold a large swig in my mouth. Then, when the slime gets close, I smash the bottle down in front of it, and get my torch ready. Once the Slime moves over and fully absorbs the spilled alcohol, I spit fire through my torch. Here's hoping alcohol-infused slimes are as flammable as I suspect.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 03, 2012, 01:35:43 pm »

Razdak cast Dumbfire Magic Missile at the cube.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 03, 2012, 02:08:25 pm »

Nikolai II Casts Double Weight on the cube again!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 03, 2012, 04:23:58 pm »

I throw my grappling hook to one of the other adventures, and hold onto the rope, saying, "Help pull me up before we all get skewered. Again."

You do know that the pit trap is only triggered when you try to move to the eastern side of the pit?

Eh, whatever.

[17] You successfully grapple your way onto the western edge of the pit. Yay you.

I take a swig of healing juice then repeat my action of pulling anyone the slime gets close to away from it

Hmm... Tasty, tasty healing juice. 1 healing

Right, so with that out of the way, I fall back to the hallway that leads to the spike pit and continue to launch magic missiles at the cube.

[14] Your magic missiles impact against the side of the cube, causing it to wobble slightly. 1 damage

Alright, time for some magic.

I take the big bottle of brandy, and hold a large swig in my mouth. Then, when the slime gets close, I smash the bottle down in front of it, and get my torch ready. Once the Slime moves over and fully absorbs the spilled alcohol, I spit fire through my torch. Here's hoping alcohol-infused slimes are as flammable as I suspect.

There is no way that this can end badly.

Razdak cast Dumbfire Magic Missile at the cube.

[5] The Dumbfire Magic Missiles get distracted by Midna's amazing pyrotechnic display, and slam harmlessly into a wall.

Nikolai II Casts Double Weight on the cube again!

[1] Congratulations, you are now morbidly obese.

The gelatinous cube, presumably pissed off at Midna's attack, charges forward.

[2] Tank is far to distracted by the pretty flames to notice the cube's hostile intent.

The cube rams into Midna at top speed, which is actually pretty slow. Still, 15,000 pounds of cube can be pretty damn forceful when it wants to be. 1 damage

[FORTITUDE: 17 + 5] Midna manages to shake off the effects of the cube's paralysing excretions. Yes, gelatinous cubes excrete paralysing slime. You know what else they excrete? Acid. Luckily Midna's Saffron-Yellow Cloak protects her from the worse of the acid. Namely by absorbing it and crumbling into pieces.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 03, 2012, 04:27:12 pm »

You do know that the pit trap is only triggered when you try to move to the eastern side of the pit?

Eh, whatever.

[17] You successfully grapple your way onto the western edge of the pit. Yay you.

What are you saying? The eastern side of the pit is where I wanted to go. Trying to go there triggers the traps, and I'm out of healing potions. I'm not going to die vainly trying to get up onto a ledge that may lead nowhere at all.

Seriously, what are you saying? I'm confused.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 03, 2012, 04:29:53 pm »

Eh, whatever.

What are you saying? The eastern side of the pit is where I wanted to go. Trying to go there triggers the traps, and I'm out of healing potions. I'm not going to die vainly trying to get up onto a ledge that may lead nowhere at all.

Seriously, what are you saying? I'm confused.

I think he's saying that you grappled your way back over here in an entirely unnecessary fashion. Oh well.
I think the others have the cube situation handled, I can help you guys. Here, have a heal spell.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 03, 2012, 04:30:08 pm »

Malaken giggles at Nikita III's fumble, then tells everyone to clear out of the room, then casts fireball upon the cube!
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 134