Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371604 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Spoilers!
« Reply #990 on: September 30, 2012, 11:25:20 pm »

That might happen if you stay behind us and be very very careful.

Nah, I'm going to do that eighty percent of the time. The other twenty percent of the time, I'm going to do something ridiculously suicidal to keep things interesting.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 30, 2012, 11:26:16 pm »

Lol sounds about right. :3
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 30, 2012, 11:36:03 pm »

Yeah, pretty pleased to not have died yet, though it was one failed roll away a few times so far. Yeah Survival brossisters!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 01, 2012, 01:06:52 am »

My goal is to not use up all 6 MaxClones.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 01, 2012, 01:28:16 am »

My goal is to not use up all 6 MaxClones.

This doesn't mean you're going to physically assault me with your fists when we complete our mission, right? Because Friend Computer DM doesn't approve of assault.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 01, 2012, 06:40:42 am »

See if I can get back inside and head back the way I came.

Well the entire trap was an illusion, so you easily head back to where you were before, only this time with the gem of trueseeing in your pack. You drop the pouch of chalk-sticks to get it though. Damn 4-item limit.

I check the map and use detect magic on the loot to look for anything... magic I suppose.

The map shows the location of another set of evil ruins, set several hundred miles away from this set of evil ruins. Maybe if you're still alive after all of this you can go check them out.

[13] The Jade Coffer seems to have something magical in it, and the scrolls are definitively magical.

As far as you can tell, the four scrolls cast the following spells: Ethereal Walk, Levitate, See Invisibility and Polymorph. Levitate and See Invisibility are one-use deals, while Ethereal Walk and Polymorph can be used twice, otherwise the user would be stuck in the Ethereal plane or as a duck or something. Oh, and the scrolls can be used by anybody, not just Mages.

I shall take the scrolls(having dropped my components as unnecessary flavor) and proceed to the vats room.

You head into the vats room with a Levitate and Polymorph in your pack.

Run back to the lich's room and search for a way deeper into the Tomb. Also I've mainly only read the TvTropes page I simple don't know anyone who plays D&D sadly. I'd play if I knew anyone but nooooooo.

[20 + 5] You find no secret doors in the lich's room.

Well, i saved myself some feet of walking...

Stroll on back like nothing ever happened.

You stroll back in, whistling nonchalantly.

Check the staircase that was previously spiderwebbed.

[5] You find nothing.

While everyone else is identifying the loot, Razdak will take a short rest nearby, 'cause that was a lot of scurrying for a little mousie.

I pick up Kadzar put him on my sholder so he can rest unless he refuses and stroll back inside with a intent to protect the party

With Razdak on his shoulders, Tank heads back into the Tomb of Horrors, ready to protect the party from the next horrible trap that Acererak has dreamt up.

Join the others in suddenly flooding back into the tomb. Search the room the Lichfight occurred in for the usual suspects. By which I mean traps, other traps, hidden traps, secret doors, secret traps, and wall monsters.

[3 + 5] [2 + 5]  [9 + 5]  [4 + 5]  [17 + 5]  [3 + 5] You find no: Traps, Other Traps, Hidden Traps, Secret Doors, Secret Traps and/or Wall Monsters.

Join up with everyone in the lich room again and search the room thoroughly for anything dangerous, valuable, hidden, or all of the above.

[13] The place seems pretty looted, so you find nothing special.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 01, 2012, 07:17:39 am »

Does the gem of trueseeing let me see in the dark?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 01, 2012, 07:19:15 am »

Only if it was magical/illusionary darkness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 01, 2012, 07:41:09 am »

Damn... I don't see why I can't carry the thing INSIDE the chalk pouch, but rules are rules...

Give my pole to someone else and grab my pouch again. Slowly go down the stairs I found, checking for traps all the way.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 01, 2012, 07:47:02 am »

Follow Kazard down the stair making sure you only step where he stepped.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 01, 2012, 07:51:35 am »

I'll use tricks of the trade to summon some doves out of my sleeves and tell them to search the vats, while I look around for more valuables in this general area.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 01, 2012, 07:58:51 am »

I follow zacen and Zako being careful only to step where they step shield and throwing axe in hand. Throw at any thing scary or that treatens the party
((I'm going for team Big guy for tank))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 01, 2012, 08:31:55 am »

Give my pole to someone else and grab my pouch again. Slowly go down the stairs I found, checking for traps all the way.

[13 + 5] You slowly work your way down the staircase, checking for traps all the way.

The stairs continue down for twenty feet before ending in a ten-foot landing that turns to the right (ie east)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Follow Kazard down the stair making sure you only step where he stepped.

You follow Kazard down the stairs, making sure to follow closely in his footsteps as possible.

I'll use tricks of the trade to summon some doves out of my sleeves and tell them to search the vats, while I look around for more valuables in this general area.

[12] I'm pretty sure that your tricks of the trade don't allow you to communicated with animals, so the doves just kinda fly around stupidly.

[6] The place has also been picked over by Kazard and Malaken, so you find nothing useful.

I follow zacen and Zako being careful only to step where they step shield and throwing axe in hand. Throw at any thing scary or that treatens the party

For appearance's sake you chuck the throwing axe at the pit full of spikes, where it clatters off one of the spikes.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 01, 2012, 08:50:51 am »

and now I really do wish I kept that 10 foot pole. Call Radzak to summon anvils on all the spikes creating a bridge.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:32:02 am by zacen299 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 01, 2012, 08:54:17 am »

and now I really do wish I kept that 10 foot pole. Call Kadzar to summon anvils on all the spikes creating a bridge.

Kadzar I to III all died long ago, and even if you practised necromancy I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be able to summon anvils.

If you're thinking about Kadzar the player, his current character is Radzak. :P
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 134