Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371452 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Shit gets serious
« Reply #900 on: September 28, 2012, 12:28:33 am »

I'd laugh if my flaming broken pole hit him and your arrows didn't.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 28, 2012, 12:30:20 am »

I'd laugh if my flaming broken pole hit him and your arrows didn't.

Interestingly, none of my attacks have hit anything up to now. I also have failed pretty much every search roll I've made. I'm the worst rogue ever, but I'm quite determined to survive.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 28, 2012, 12:35:56 am »

Wait how have you survived if every roll you fail? Especially in the Tomb of Horrors. Jesus it can kill you before you get inside.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 28, 2012, 12:37:37 am »

Wait how have you survived if every roll you fail? Especially in the Tomb of Horrors. Jesus it can kill you before you get inside.

Because I run the fuck away and let someone else do the heavy lifting. Frankly, the only reason I'm still trying to kill the lich is because there are people in between me and it still.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 28, 2012, 12:57:36 am »

Lol well maybe someone will actually get that stupid mace soon.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 28, 2012, 06:34:31 am »

Liberally apply Spear in general direction of Lich
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 28, 2012, 09:38:31 am »

Hmm. This is a bit strange. We've battered this boney bastard soundly, but he keeps going. Wonder if this too is a puzzle.

I'll avoid the magicks, and try to track down that Trueseeing Gem that rattled away. Want to see if this lich is what we think it is.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 28, 2012, 04:52:37 pm »

From what I know from the Tomb yes the Lich is a puzzle I just don't remember how to beat it.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 28, 2012, 04:57:50 pm »

Hit it til it dies?
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 28, 2012, 05:58:49 pm »

Well yeah but if I'm not mistaken it has pretty much more health than a god (If this is the encounter I'm thinking it is) Trust me wailing on him won't kill it.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 28, 2012, 06:00:38 pm »

Hit it with the Mace until it dies?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 28, 2012, 08:01:32 pm »

Don't worry, I'm working on something that will either do a whole lot of damage to him, fail spectacularly, or get out of control and kill us all.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 28, 2012, 08:06:25 pm »

I like the sound of this plan...

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 28, 2012, 08:13:51 pm »

Now if only USEC_Officer would updoot this already. I want to see if Malaken succeeds with his plan to epically pimp-slap the lich. Like, I really want to see it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 28, 2012, 08:21:55 pm »

I have an idea for next turn but I could die so...

We need to examine the FUCK out of that mace. Like, just get it, then like, do science.

So much science.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 134