Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 370987 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Dem spheres
« Reply #375 on: September 02, 2012, 10:26:56 am »

Fuck. Welp, new character time.

Name: Sir Gadarin of the Azure Fist
Class: Wannabe Robot Fighter

Weapons: spiked chain, repeating crossbow (10/10)
Armour: Banded armor

Items: Rations for 2 weeks, torch, rope and grappling hook, a roll of parchment, charcoal

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Loot Time!
« Reply #376 on: September 02, 2012, 08:36:17 pm »

I go investigate the silver sphere.

search the Silver sphere.

Behind the silver sphere is... Well, a tiny little cubby hole, large enough for somebody to insert their head in and slam it against the wall. As Kadzar III pulls his head out with a couple of curses, Karas decides to have a look around.

[16 + 5] After minutes of diligent searching, you find a secret door. But not just any secret door. It's a one-way secret door! And you're the wrong side. I hope you're good with lockpicks...

Wow, this is the shittiest rogue I've ever played.

Search again, but like a boss this time.

[13 + 5] Even being a boss, you find nothing new in the northern chapel. Well, I'm assuming that you didn't check the pews, for the obvious reasons.

I'll search the pews and outer area, before approaching the blue altar, and the misty arch, and giving them a look over as well. I'll keep my distance from the skeleton, though.

[19] Finding nothing interesting in the northern chapel, you hop the railing and give the blue altar and misty arch a good eyeballing.

The blue altar is like nothing you've seen before. As far as altars go it's pretty tame. Vines intertwine with each other on the sides of the altar, while the top is slightly concave, to help hold the sacrifices. A little drain on the side is for when you clean up after said sacrifices. Still, you hesitate to touch it, for the altar pulses with a malignant blue light.

The archway in the chapel is slightly different from the other two. The three gems are all orange in colour, as is the mist inside the archway. But other than those two points it's pretty identical.

Examine that door for traps then open it and back off a bit to see if anything happens. If nothing happens, cautiously move forward a bit after marking on the wall that there's a secret door here, with an arrow pointing at it, incase it closes behind me.

[20 + 5] Aha! It appears that the secret door is connected to a falling trap! Basically, when you open the door the entire floor opens up from underneath you.

[8 + 5] Disabling it is a piece of cake.

Having chalked up the walls and made prayers to your deity of choice, you open up the secret door.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Name: Sir Gadarin of the Azure Fist
Class: Wannabe Robot Fighter

Weapons: spiked chain, repeating crossbow (10/10)
Armour: Banded armor

Items: Rations for 2 weeks, torch, rope and grappling hook, a roll of parchment, charcoal

Sir Gadarin of the Azure Fist, having nothing better to do with his life, creaks ups to the entrance to the tomb of horrors. You're probably wondering how somebody can creak in banded armour, and the answer is that Sir Gadarin can make any armour creak. Even a shirt. Especially a shirt.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Dem spheres
« Reply #377 on: September 02, 2012, 08:44:05 pm »

PTW. Because I lack any commentary more witty than a three letter acronym.

I think the fact that your comment is witty despite stating that it isn't is somewhat ironic as well. This may be an example of dry, ironic wit.

I do my best :P

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Loot Time!
« Reply #378 on: September 02, 2012, 09:10:12 pm »

I'll go over to Kazard to protect him in case anything attacks him while opening the chest. Which, considering this is D&D, will probably be one of the chests themselves.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 02, 2012, 09:24:54 pm »

Zako. I know the treasure lust that lives in all adventurers is upon you now. I must tell you to be slow and cautious while searching your phat lewt. Remember that there are monsters that look exactly like treasure chests. :P

Hmm. I place my short sword on the altar.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 02, 2012, 09:57:11 pm »

I go into the northern chapel and cast detect magic on the glowing altar then seeing the others go into the secret door I follow and zap each chest after casting detect magic on the chests.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 02, 2012, 10:12:16 pm »

The altar and chests are in different areas:
- Red Orb = Secret Door to Chests
- Black Orb = Long Tunnel to Evil Chapel.

Where's our cartographer?! We're lost without you!

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 02, 2012, 11:19:37 pm »

lockpick secret door. ask if anyone has tools to do so.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 02, 2012, 11:51:42 pm »

((I bet Kestrel is glad I gave him my lockpicks. Also, I'm totally convinced that this whole room is a trap. Perhaps a trap with multiple traps inside of it! Still, I gotta check, just in case.

Also, finding the trap on the door scared the crap out of me. I honestly thought there wouldn't be a trap! Who puts a trap on a secret door? Apparently someone does...))

Carefully examine the whole room multiple times for traps. Tap the floor and roof with my pole, as well as the inside and outside of the doorframe. Don't go into the room.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 03, 2012, 08:30:03 am »

((Ok, had time off yesterday and today. Spent yesterday sleeping / spending time with family, so today is game / other stuff day :P I think I've got the map updated (probably missed something, hard to sift through 5 pages of stuff and manage to get everything) but it should be good enough for now.))

I'm gonna examine that strange archway, without touching it. Since I don't have much else useful to do, I'll try to figure out why this archway has 3 orange gem-buttons, and ask for a stick to try and push them in.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 03, 2012, 09:39:57 am »

Sir Gadarin will make his way to the sphere chamber.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 03, 2012, 09:46:00 am »

I'll go over to Kazard to protect him in case anything attacks him while opening the chest. Which, considering this is D&D, will probably be one of the chests themselves.

You wander over to Kazard, to protect him once he opens a chest.

Well, to protect him when he gets around to opening a chest.

Hmm. I place my short sword on the altar.

Unlike Midna, you decide to be polite and enter the inner sanctum through the opening in the railing. You know, the one between the pews? Intrigued by the glowing properties of the altar, you carefully place your short sword on it.

I go into the northern chapel and cast detect magic on the glowing altar then seeing the others go into the secret door I follow and zap each chest after casting detect magic on the chests.

[9] Yep. The altar sure is magical. Totally 100% magical. I'd stay away from it if I were you.

You think about going back to the hallway of spheres to avoid the murderous glances that Hans is giving you (and to help Kazard or something) but decide that things can wait for another turn.

lockpick secret door. ask if anyone has tools to do so.

[5 + 5] You fail to lockpick the secret door. Embarrassed, you ask if anybody has any lockpicking tools, so that you'd have an excuse if anybody came over.

I'm gonna examine that strange archway, without touching it. Since I don't have much else useful to do, I'll try to figure out why this archway has 3 orange gem-buttons, and ask for a stick to try and push them in.

You examine the strange archway...

Yep, it's definitively an archway. And it's pretty strange too. Bored, you decide to push the gem-buttons randomly.

Sir Gadarin will make his way to the sphere chamber.

Clanking, you telepathically make your way through the fresco hallway, input the correct sequence into the first archway, and wander into the hallway of spheres, where you see Karas embarrassedly looking around. Oh, and I suppose that Dr. Malpracteece is there too.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

((Ok, had time off yesterday and today. Spent yesterday sleeping / spending time with family, so today is game / other stuff day :P I think I've got the map updated (probably missed something, hard to sift through 5 pages of stuff and manage to get everything) but it should be good enough for now.))

Blah, if I had time I'd fix the map, but for now let me just say that you need to pay more attention to the colours of the spheres and their positions. For instance, the bright blue sphere is on the western wall, and the chapel is 70x70 feet in total, with short railing dividing the space.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 03, 2012, 09:50:29 am »

You missed my action! D:

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 03, 2012, 09:54:05 am »

You missed my action! D:

Damn it. Hold one for one second kind sir.

Carefully examine the whole room multiple times for traps. Tap the floor and roof with my pole, as well as the inside and outside of the doorframe. Don't go into the room.

[12 + 5] You find zero traps.

[20 + 5] If the room had any traps what-so-ever, you'd have found them by now.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 03, 2012, 09:59:36 am »

Righto then!

Go get a mage and have him cast detect magic on the chests and room. If he says there's some kind of magic in there, don't go in. If not, tap the chests with the end of my pole.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 134