Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371110 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: So many balls...
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2012, 10:55:18 am »

My character's name is Nambul the Mad. I'm just staying in character.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2012, 12:27:09 pm »

Moreover, he uses Wild Magic. He's either definitively insane beyond reckoning, or a gambling addict of the highest magnitude.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2012, 02:27:16 pm »

Search. For. Traps.

[5 + 5] You find exactly zero traps.

"Oh gods... Alright, keep an eye on those things. Maybe its part of some weird puzzle. "  I stand ready to fight anything coming further down the hall.

You prepare to fight anything coming further down the hall. Congratulations.

I'll start sticking my torch in any spheres I can reach, checking to see if it gets dissolved or sucked in (and letting go if it seems like it's getting sucked).

You start your epic quest of sphere checking at the orange sphere, which happens to be illusionary, though nothing happens to your torch.

The purple sphere is just paint.

The bronze sphere is illusionary, though your torch is perfectly fine (if a little bent).

The grey sphere is just part of the decorations.

The bright blue sphere is illusionary, and... [WILLPOWER: 6].

Follow the others into the golden wall. Search the floor and walls for traps, then watch Kadzar behave suicidally investigate the spheres.

[8 + 5] You detect no traps. You finish checking for traps at the same time that Kadzar stops in front of the bright blue sphere.

Well, crap. Seeing as I have no gems of any sort, and no way to obtain them, AND everyone has left the current room, I guess I'll hurry after them and go down the crawl way of death, following everyone else who bravely went through.

You follow the party into the hallway of spheres, where everyone is standing around apprehensively.

Search for hidden doors and treasure multiple times. If I still haven't found anything, then head through the gold wall.

[13 + 5] You find nothing. Before you can start searching again, the DM boots you through the gold wall. Ten points. Grumbling, you pick yourself off the floor.

Was at camp so I cast detect magic on the walls when I catch up with the group.

[17] The gold, orange, bronze, bright blue, silver, and black spheres all glow with the tell-tale signs of, illusion magic. Additionally a sphere... twenty feet south of the black sphere glows with magic, though you currently can't see it in the dim torchlight. And one more thing, the entire southern wall of the corridor glows with conjuration magic, which makes the corridor... 130 feet long.

Detect Magic on the spheres. If yes, run like hell.

[19] The answer is yes, but unfortunately you have nowhere to run to. Well, you could run back through the golden sphere, but the room doesn't exactly have another exit.

I cast Wild Magic on the green sphere.

[WILD MAGIC: 691] Suddenly you're inflicted with a deep sense of spiritual understanding and oneness with the universe! It's like, totally awesome and groovy man. The mere thought of harming another living being is, like, a mega bummer man. You'll be unable to inflict physical damage to another living being for... 6 rounds (I have no clue how long that translates to in this game).

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Updated map: assuming the hallway goes as depicted, otherwise it can be altered a bit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The archway teleported you into the statue room, meaning that no physical connection exists between the two. The hallway after the arch just kinda ends.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2012, 02:58:18 pm »

I'll continue checking the other spheres, unless I can't reach them or something, in which case I'll climb into the orange sphere.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2012, 09:40:17 pm »

Entire southern wall glows with conjuration? This phrase is ominous. As is the will save.

Avoid the bright blue sphere, instead go place a hand through the bronze sphere.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2012, 09:43:34 pm »

Time for a crossover, with an expendable clone of my favourite Ralkarian Assassin!

Name: Karas Sirenna
Class: Assassin (Rogue)

Items: Convenient Gems, Rope.
Weapons and armor: Rapier of unknown make, Dagger, 1-hand Crossbow (30 Bolts) Black Cloak and hood, Leather and light metal armour

Hopefully this is legit. Is it?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:02:26 am by Kestrel_6 »
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2012, 09:54:02 pm »

Search along the length of the hallway carefully, tapping everywhere with the pole as I go along. Make sure to ask the mages where the magic parts are first and avoid those places.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2012, 11:25:24 pm »

Entire southern wall glows with conjuration? This phrase is ominous. As is the will save.

Avoid the bright blue sphere, instead go place a hand through the bronze sphere.
You mean the nymph's crotch?  ;D I was tempted to do so myself, but when I put my torch in, it came out bent, so I figured the orange one might be safer.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2012, 11:27:41 pm »

Oh. Right.
Err, change mind halfway there as Kadzar says that, and instead be content to observe Kadzar's experiment.
He's fucking with us.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 27, 2012, 08:09:27 am »

Moreover, he uses Wild Magic. He's either definitively insane beyond reckoning, or a gambling addict of the highest magnitude.
Eh, A little from column A, a little from column B. Well, actually a lot from column A, a little from column B.

Anywhozits, I cast Wild Magic upon myself, just because. Either I'll go out with a bang, or do something awesome. Or just stupid. Either way.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 27, 2012, 03:30:05 pm »

Actually, Nambul is entirely sane. He's just a bitter old Sorcerer using madness as a mask to disguise his malcontent. After a lifetime of careful study and experience, he's learned all he's willing to learn, and has grown to hate the world and all its peoples. He's now thrown away any sense of self-preservation or desire to achieve anything, and instead made it his sole focus in life to use raw chaos to take a cosmic shit in everyone's cheerios. It's a downward spiral of arcane self-destruction, wherein he hopes to take down as many others with him as possible.

His is a tragic story, really.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 27, 2012, 03:33:39 pm »

Actually, Nambul is entirely sane. He's just a bitter old Sorcerer using madness as a mask to disguise his malcontent. After a lifetime of careful study and experience, he's learned all he's willing to learn, and has grown to hate the world and all its peoples. He's now thrown away any sense of self-preservation or desire to achieve anything, and instead made it his sole focus in life to use raw chaos to take a cosmic shit in everyone's cheerios. It's a downward spiral of arcane self-destruction, wherein he hopes to take down as many others with him as possible.

His is a tragic story, really.

So, he's getting high on magic-crack, basically?
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 27, 2012, 04:28:24 pm »

You mean the nymph's crotch?  ;D I was tempted to do so myself, but when I put my torch in, it came out bent, so I figured the orange one might be safer.

The bending of the torch was due to the torch hitting something behind the sphere, and nothing to do with some sort of bending trap. Sorry for the confusion.

Time for a crossover, with an expendable clone of my favourite Ralkarian Assassin!

Name: Karas Sirenna
Class: Assassin (Rogue)

Items: Convenient Gems, Rope.
Weapons and armor: Rapier of unknown make, Dagger, 1-hand Crossbow (30 Bolts) Black Cloak and hood, Leather and light metal armour

Hopefully this is legit. Is it?

I would take more items, but otherwise it should be fine.

Anyways the next update is going to be delayed as I rethink Kadzar's failed willpower save.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 27, 2012, 05:15:21 pm »

Failed will save? Oh shit. D:
He's fucking with us.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2012, 10:04:09 pm »

See if I can discern anything about the nature of the sphere's magic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 134