Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371364 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: The Box!
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2012, 09:38:03 pm »

So do you want light or air? I don't know a light spell that doesn’t use air, unless you want a piece of superheated metal.

Air. I'll remove my socks and tie them to my sword, and we'll use it as a weaksauce torch. :P Or something like that. Or we can wait until someone with a torch or light spell comes through the archway.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2012, 11:01:20 pm »

Okay, I have to admit I'm sorely tempted to jump into the demon's mouth... but I'm also terrified it's going to eat me. The metaphore seems pretty clear.

In the meantime, I'll call into the misty arch to see if anyone who went in can hear me. Then I want to investigate the glowing stones on it, and see if they can be removed or manipulated.

EDIT: Also, going to be equipping the crap out of those goggles. Much obliged, Lich, and enjoy the brandy!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:44:06 am by Solifuge »

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2012, 06:02:02 am »

Well it would seem I have been left behind... I'll grab a torch since I have a free slot in my inventory, and stick with Midna for the time being, unless the guys who went through the portal are willing to backtrack a little and help my torch me through the hole in the ceiling.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:04:37 pm by Lich180 »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2012, 11:13:22 am »

I stand back and use my wand of lightning bolt on the stone slab.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Total OSHA Compliance, Seriously!
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2012, 07:37:12 pm »

So, did the doors respond to my question of which one is the liar and which one is the truthteller, or did I not ask because I was too surprised? If I didn't ask yet, I'll ask now, otherwise, I'll open the door to my right.

Ah, well the doors probably didn't respond because they aren't magical or talkative in anyway what-so-ever. The door on the right also happens to open up onto a blank wall. Well, not entirely blank. Some previous adventurer has scribbled something on the wall. Before you have time to inspect the scribbles, you hear an ominous grinding sound above your head.

Search again, multiple times.

[5 + 5] Happy- wait.

[9 + 5] There we- Nope.

[17 + 5] Ah. Excellent. Short of tearing down all the frescos to see if they hide anything underneath, you do all that you can to find secret passages. You fail to find anything.

Awwkward. Return to the box, and help killerhellhound out of it. (In the dark >.<)

You return to the hatchway and help Urist into the crawlspace. A couple seconds later the hatch closes with a loud thump as the levers reset themselves.

In the meantime, I'll call into the misty arch to see if anyone who went in can hear me. Then I want to investigate the glowing stones on it, and see if they can be removed or manipulated.

[20] A quick search shows that the gems can be pressed in like buttons. Apparently you'll need to enter in a sequence or something, for the gems reset themselves once all three have been pressed.

Well it would seem I have been left behind... I'll grab a torch since I have a free slot in my inventory, and stick with Midna for the time being, unless the guys who went through the portal are willing to backtrack a little and help my torch me through the hole in the ceiling.

Declining Midna's offer of brandy, you quickly fashion yourself a torch to provide some more light for the party, or the parts of it not trapped in various rooms.

I stand back and use my wand of lightning bolt on the stone slab.

Sadly it's a stone slab and your wand is one of those cheap Chinese knock-offs. At most, it just scorches the slab a little bit.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

So do you want light or air? I don't know a light spell that doesn’t use air, unless you want a piece of superheated metal.

Don't worry, by some sort of cosmic law all dungeons must be properly ventilated or something. Unless some sort of devious trap is based on the presence of magic, you should be fine.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Total OSHA Compliance, Seriously!
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2012, 07:43:26 pm »

I cast wild magic. Again. Because, frankly, I'm running out of options. And besides, tapping into the raw arcane energies that permeate the world is fun.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2012, 07:47:16 pm »

Take note of the colors of the arch and try to find something related to them in the passage.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2012, 08:00:05 pm »

I cast wild magic. Again. Because, frankly, I'm running out of options. And besides, tapping into the raw arcane energies that permeate the world is fun.

[WILD MAGIC: 811] Suddenly you begin to disgorge smoke from your mouth. All... 614 cubic yards of it. The hill is now covered in a large smokescreen, which will undoubtedly make it a larger beacon to wandering adventurers.

Take note of the colors of the arch and try to find something related to them in the passage.

[6 + 5] You find no relations between the frescos and the archway.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2012, 08:07:50 pm »

Search again, there must be a clue to this!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2012, 08:11:39 pm »

ok light up the area and see if i can open up the hatch
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2012, 08:25:05 pm »

GNHS will walk up to the archway and press the three buttons in the order of left, right, top.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2012, 09:11:38 pm »

Search again, there must be a clue to this!

[20 + 5] Seems like Acererak left a little present behind for the curious adventurer...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ok light up the area and see if i can open up the hatch

The hatch is locked up tight, and is beyond your abilities to budge.

GNHS will walk up to the archway and press the three buttons in the order of left, right, top.

Nothing happens besides the DM screaming in frustration because he thought you'd got it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2012, 09:18:12 pm »

GNHS pushes the button that isn't green or red and steps through the arch.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2012, 09:18:59 pm »

GNHS pushes the button that isn't green or red and steps through the arch.

None of the gems are green or red. They're yellow (left side), blue (top) and orange (right).

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2012, 09:23:54 pm »

Yellow + Blue = green? Just saying. Although, seeing as me and Urist are trapped in some kind of wierd ass tunnel network, you probably can't hear me.

Ask Urist to follow me back to the room with spikes with his light. Search the room carefully, avoiding the spikes, and asking Urist to keep within the tunnels so we're not both inside the room with spikes at the same time.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 134